Windows 10: Start Menu not available

Discus and support Start Menu not available in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; As directed in another thread, I ran DISM and SFC in Administrator Command Prompt. DISM restorehealth aborted @52% with "The WOF driver encountered a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HenryManning1, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Start Menu not available

As directed in another thread, I ran DISM and SFC in Administrator Command Prompt.

DISM restorehealth aborted @52% with "The WOF driver encountered a corruption in the compressed files resource table.

SFC /scannow aborted @ 48% with "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation."

I recently activated Office 365 and OneDrive, which is the only significant change I can recall.

I've also lost functionality of the volume and calculator keys on my MS wireless keyboard.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

~Hank.

:)

HenryManning1, Sep 14, 2020

2. Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Sep 14, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Start menu and action center is not working in Windows 10

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• What is the exact issue that you’re facing with Start menu?

• Are you not able to open Start menu?

• Are you getting any error message?
    I suggest you to follow the step below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Check for the latest updates and install.

• Press Windows logo key +R, enter
      MS-settings:
      and then press OK. This opens Settings.

• In Settings, go to Update & security >
      Windows Update, and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.
    Step 2: I suggest you to run
    Start menu troubleshooter. After you've completed the troubleshooter, restart your device.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Sep 14, 2020
  4. David Haz Win User

Start Menu not available

Start menu

Hello Elliot,

May we know if you have made any software changes prior to the Start menu not opening?

We suggest that you check any updates for you device, you may follow the steps below on how to check for updates without using the Start menu:

• Press the Windows button + R, type
      ms-setting:
      , and then select OK. This opens Settings.
    • In Settings, choose Update & security >
      Windows Update
      , and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

We look forward for an update from you.

Regards.

David Haz, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

Start Menu not available

1. Start Menu not available - Similar Threads - Start Menu available

2. Start Menu No Start

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start Menu No Start: When I select my Start Menu, I receive a critical error message. I uninstalled the last Windows update but that didn't solve the problem. submitted by /u/HalfFoods [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fq6m3a/start_menu_no_start/
  3. start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu: Hi...how can i disable this recent item?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu/4619b729-aa89-4db7-b505-e8d3bdb36d3a
  4. "There are currently no power options available" error under START menu

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    "There are currently no power options available" error under START menu: Today I noticed that I no longer have the ability to shut down or restart my computer using the START menu. When I click on the Power icon, it says "There are currently no power options available". Ctrl+Alt+Del window is also missing these functions. I am on Win 10 Home...
  5. Start Menu

Start Menu: Since upgrading to Window 10 build 18898, My start menu has changed. I have the ability to show tiles and a full screen of apps. What I am missing is the left side that shows my apps and you have to scroll to see them all. Also when viewing full tile or full app screen my...
  6. start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu: every time my computer reboots, all of my start menu tiles change to "a great app is on the way" in windows 10
  7. Start Menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Start Menu: How to restore alpha order in docs list https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu/a89ac0d2-0370-4a87-9c8a-53cbe6182708"
  8. Start menu

Start menu: Besides Start10 by Stardock(my Norton av sees this one as malicious) what other options are there? I just do not like the win 10 start menu look. 112780
  9. Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu: All of a sudden the start menu doesn't open when I click on it. That's that square with 4 squares inside the square on the bottom left corner and I can't type in the "Search the web and Windows" box next to it. Also the speaker icon on the right bottom corner won't open too...
  10. resizable Start menu will be available in Windows 10 RTM

in Windows 10 News
    resizable Start menu will be available in Windows 10 RTM: But have no fear. For those of you wondering if Microsoft removed this option from Windows 10, it will be available once the operating system is released this summer. We here at WinBeta get quite a few emails asking us certain questions, and thankfully there are solid...