Windows 10: Start Menu - Not being abl e to search "Control Panel", "This PC"..

Discus and support Start Menu - Not being abl e to search "Control Panel", "This PC".. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; It seems that I am not able to search this kind of options like "Windows Update", "Control Panel" and so on, but I am able to search through folders.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by doriandiaconu, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Start Menu - Not being abl e to search "Control Panel", "This PC"..

It seems that I am not able to search this kind of options like "Windows Update", "Control Panel" and so on, but I am able to search through folders.

I can neither run processes as cmd as admin. Defrag doesn't display anything.

Anyone experiencing this kind of error? I changed my user folder name, this might be the cause?

I am running the latest 10 Insider Preview.

:)

doriandiaconu, Jul 19, 2017

2. N79; can't run " home media " menu

sawatdee krap,

maybe because you havent set any connections for "home media". i think it needs to connect with your computer. you also need to install SimpleCenter's Home Media Server software on your PC

maybe this will help you -

http://europe.nokia.com/A41123203

Message Edited by fring on 23-Nov-2008 03:20 PM

fring---01, Jul 19, 2017
  3. " Nokia Simple " theme - where it this theme?

hi,

Some days ago on page
    http://ea.mobile.nokia.com/content/spin/ea/6120c/en/theme/index.xhtml
    or in phone (nokia 6120c) themes/general/download themes/ was very cool theme (light cream white, black fonts) " Nokia Simple ", now its dissapear from this site. Where i can get it?
    or maybe somebody has it and could send to me.

thx

szympek123, Jul 19, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

Start Menu - Not being abl e to search "Control Panel", "This PC"..

Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste these commands:
    1) sfc /scannow
    2) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    3) chkdsk /scan
    4) net user test /add
    5) shutdown /r
    When the computer reboots sign on with the new user named test.
    Report into the thread the results of each scannow, restorehealth, scan, and whether the new user test has any problems with the start menu.

6) run through the troubleshooting steps in these links if the above steps did not fix the start menu problems:

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/...t-menu-cortana
    [How To] Re-register Start Menu In Windows 10 [How To] Re-register Start Menu In Windows 10

zbook, Jul 19, 2017
  5. dalchina New Member
    Hi, you cannot simply rename this folder. If you wished to do so, a number of technically demanding registry edits are also required. I cannot recommend this.

I suspect you have irretrievably destroyed your user profile, and you will need to create a new one. You will have leftover remnants of your previous one in your registry.

Your data should be retrievable.

We strongly and repeatedly urge people to use disk imaging routinely. If you have a disk image created or updated before yuo made this change, you can recover easily.

dalchina, Jul 19, 2017
  6. I did it following the guide made by Shawn.

Created a new profile and works ok. Exception is that bloat like CandyCrush and Facebook keeps reinstalling at every reboot.

Should I try a clean install?

7. dalchina New Member
    Ok, if you completed all the steps in that... hopefully should be ok as far as your profile is concerned

dalchina, Jul 19, 2017
  8. Start Menu - Not being abl e to search "Control Panel", "This PC"..

The only present issue is the reinstallation of the bloat. Any advice for this?

9. dalchina New Member
    Sorry, not something I've seen- and a different build. Glad your other issues have been resolved though.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Start Menu - Not being abl e to search "Control Panel", "This PC"..

1. Start Menu - Not being abl e to search "Control Panel", "This PC".. - Similar Threads - Start Menu being

2. Can't access the my pc, folders, settings, control panel & start menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't access the my pc, folders, settings, control panel & start menu: Recently my windows was updated. After that when I turned on, the desktop was flickering. Then I tried to fix it by some resources in the Internet. Now flickering issue was solved. But, now I couldn't access the start menu. shortcuts also not working like control panel,...
  3. Can't access the my pc, folders, settings, control panel & start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access the my pc, folders, settings, control panel & start menu: I couldn't access the start menu. shortcuts also not working like control panel, settings I couldn't open my pc and folders but other apps like chrome, pdf are working. When I try to open folders by double click, message shows 'windows cannot access the specified device,...
  4. Can't access the my pc, folders, settings, control panel & start menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access the my pc, folders, settings, control panel & start menu: I couldn't access the start menu. shortcuts also not working like control panel, settings I couldn't open my pc and folders but other apps like chrome, pdf are working. When I try to open folders by double click, message shows 'windows cannot access the specified device,...
  5. Can't access the my pc, folders, settings, control panel & start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Windows Seach Box in Start Menu and Search Box of File Explorer/ Control Panel are not working.

Windows Seach Box in Start Menu and Search Box of File Explorer/ Control Panel are not working.: Actually I'm experiencing a Problem with the Search Box in the Taskbar, I am using Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 OS Build 18363.418 I can Never open that Search Box at all! even the Windows logo key + S is not Working.. Even for search option of File Explorer & Control Panel...
  7. Control Panel is not in Windows 10 Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Control Panel is not in Windows 10 Start Menu: In Windows 10, I press Start button on keyboard. Then, I type "Control Panel" . Control Panel does not appear as a selection. Instead, after typing "Control", Settings pops up as an option. After typing the entire "Control Panel", Intel Graphics Control Panel appears....
  8. Control Panel Search Bar

in Cortana
    Control Panel Search Bar: When i type the first character in the control panel's search bar it does not show the result of the programs that started with that character unless i press enter which is really annoying.In past i was typing one letter and windows was giving results without me pressing...
  9. Tip: Create a Mini Control Panel in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tip: Create a Mini Control Panel in Start Menu: Although Control Panel is being slowly eradicated, there are still a few links that are useful and getting to them via settings menu is a bit unintuitive. You can of course, pin control panel to the Start Menu to make access easier. People may not be aware that you can pin...
  10. Is there a way to make the Control panel appear in the start menu?

Is there a way to make the Control panel appear in the start menu?: Good day all, I'm wondering if there is a way i can add Control Panel to my start menu in the same area where Settings is currently located. Thanks for your time. 38037