Windows 10: Start menu not changing colours

Discus and support Start menu not changing colours in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Like in the picture my start menu background is not the same color as my accent color And yes i made sure the "show accent on start menu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by reganmah, Dec 21, 2018.

1. reganmah Win User

Start menu not changing colours

Start menu not changing colours d980be4e-6b7b-4161-b814-e191b04eff12?upload=true.jpg

Like in the picture my start menu background is not the same color as my accent color

And yes i made sure the "show accent on start menu taskbar" is ticked

:)

reganmah, Dec 21, 2018
  2. Elizabeth Win User

Unable to customize Start menu

Doing what you have suggested, Slartybart, only allows me to change the background colour of the entire screen. I need that "Start Menu" tab in order to just change the colour of the Start Menu.

Elizabeth, Dec 21, 2018
  3. elbeasto Win User
    Start Menu Icons Disappear and colour changes

As per title.
    I'm thinking this might be video driver related as it happens mostly when I'm windowing a game and opening other apps etc.

Problem:

Start menu not changing colours [​IMG]

Usually it looks like this:

Start menu not changing colours [​IMG]

elbeasto, Dec 21, 2018
  4. Portugal Win User

Start Menu Icons Disappear and colour changes

This has just happened to me, and looking at your screenshots I've noticed that you have Geforce Experience opened.
    I opened Geforce experience as well, and changed the Metal Gear Solid V resolution using Dynamic Super Resolution (DSR), and after closing the game the Start Menu icons were gone. So, GeForce Experience may be the culprit:

Have you used Geforce Experience and DSR to change the resolution of any game?

I've attached a screenshot of my start menu with missing icons.

Regards.

Portugal, Dec 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Start menu not changing colours - Similar Threads - Start menu changing

2. Start menu colour inconsistency

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu colour inconsistency: I set the colour accent to blue and chose the option to show it in the start menu and taskbar, but when I type something in the start menu it reverts to black. This behaviour is not present on my other machine. Can someone help please?...
  3. Start menu colour inconsistency

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu colour inconsistency: I set the colour accent to blue and chose the option to show it in the start menu and taskbar, but when I type something in the start menu it reverts to black. This behaviour is not present on my other machine. Can someone help please?...
  4. colourful icons on windows 10 start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    colourful icons on windows 10 start menu: How do I get the colourful icons on windows 10 start menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/colourful-icons-on-windows-10-start-menu/0bdb6d87-a9b4-4052-8b12-1371d27bca00
  5. Change the colour of a tile in the start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change the colour of a tile in the start menu?: Hey, So I tried to pin the Elite Dangerous launcher to my start menu, turns out to be white or very light grey, which breaks the entire grey / dark scheme I have going on. I tried creating an 'EDLaunch.VisualElementsManifest.xml' with these parameters; <Application...
  6. How to get old start menu colour back?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get old start menu colour back?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Sir_Nexus [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/juc2i8/how_to_get_old_start_menu_colour_back/
  7. Start Menu Changed

Start Menu Changed: How do I get out of this windows 10 start menu? It's on the left of the screen and the desktop image is muted. I have the windows 7 classic shell but it doesn't work like before I updated windows. [ATTACH]...
  8. How to change colour of certain items in start menu personalisation

How to change colour of certain items in start menu personalisation: See... I changed the windows accent colour according to my theme, but the start menu just looks odd... Here have a look at it [ATTACH] Is there any possible way to change the colour of remaining icons too ?? Please :...
  9. Windows 10 Exact Taskbar and Start Menu Colour

Windows 10 Exact Taskbar and Start Menu Colour: Hi. In Windows 10 1809 whenever you change the accent colour to a custom colour the window border colour is set to the exact colour you chose however the taskbar and start menu colour are changed slightly. For example: The custom accent colour set was: #66cbea The window...
  10. Start Menu Icons Disappear and colour changes

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Icons Disappear and colour changes: As per title. I'm thinking this might be video driver related as it happens mostly when I'm windowing a game and opening other apps etc. Problem: [img] Usually it looks like this: [img] 21358