Windows 10: start menu not closing after opening anything from Jump list

Discus and support start menu not closing after opening anything from Jump list in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Setup: windows 10 64bit 2004 update. I have an odd problem, already searched the web with no results. On normal/intended operation when you open a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by nestor romero barreto, Jul 30, 2020.

1. start menu not closing after opening anything from Jump list

Setup: windows 10 64bit 2004 update.

I have an odd problem, already searched the web with no results.

On normal/intended operation when you open a file or anything from the jump list said item is opened and the application comes into focus and start menu closes. but on my windows 10, when I click a item from the jump list the app and the item is opened but in the background, the app does not come into focus and the start menu remains open.

The odd thing is that opening apps have the intended operation, they come into focus and start menu closes.

Even more strange is that any action on the start menu but opening an app, have the described problem, it does open but in the background, not into focus and start menu remains open.

Adding to strange things I updated windows to the 2004 update full feature update hoping the big shake up would fix it but the problem remains.

is there a setting on windows that set this behaviour, or if it is a problem how can I solve it?

:)

nestor romero barreto, Jul 30, 2020
  2. eternalrz Win User

Jump List Items not Opening

Is anyone having the issue where you open your jump list in File Explorer and then click on something like your Videos or Downloads Folder to have the jump list close like normal, but then nothing open? I also noticed that when I right click on the start button, I can't get any of the options on the menu to launch either. Any help would be great.

eternalrz, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Jomel Ber Win User
    cannot turn off jump list

Hi Rohit,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to turn off the Jump Lists on Windows 10:

• Go to Start menu, search Settings, then press
      Enter.
    • Click Personalization.
    • Select Start.
    • Turn off the Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or taskbar.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jomel Ber, Jul 30, 2020
  4. start menu not closing after opening anything from Jump list

Recently opened documents in Start Menu - jump lists not working?

Hello,

After a (relatively) uncomplicated install, I find that I can't get recently opened documents to show up in the Start Menu. I've checked the settings, turned off and then back on the "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or taskbar" toggle,
    and looked up the wiki article here about Recent Documents for Windows 10. No dice. The only Jump List that pops up is the one for File Explorer. Hovering over or right clicking on my pinned applications like Word or Excel doesn't bring up a jump list.
    Pity, really, since that was a feature I quite liked in my old version of Windows.

Anyone else having this issue or have any tips? Most internet searches have instructions for previous Windows versions, not 10.

TIA.

balletbookworm, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

start menu not closing after opening anything from Jump list

1. start menu not closing after opening anything from Jump list - Similar Threads - start menu closing

2. Start menu randomly closes by itself right after opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu randomly closes by itself right after opening: Hello,Sometimes Start menu closes by itself right after opening, within a second. It expands and then immediately collapses back so I have to click it again to open. That freaks me out and annoys a lot. It happens mainly after some period of not using Start menu. For example...
  3. Cursor randomly jumps to start button and opens the start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor randomly jumps to start button and opens the start menu: My cursor keeps jumping to the start button and opening the menu. It happens randomly every 15 minutes or so. Not a big deal but it's frustrating and disruptive to my work - especially when I end up inadvertently clicking on an app that I didn't mean to open. The touchpad...
  4. Cursor randomly jumps to start button and opens the start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor randomly jumps to start button and opens the start menu: My cursor keeps jumping to the start button and opening the menu. It happens randomly every 15 minutes or so. Not a big deal but it's frustrating and disruptive to my work - especially when I end up inadvertently clicking on an app that I didn't mean to open. The touchpad...
  5. Cursor randomly jumps to start button and opens the start menu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. "Open File location" from Jump List Property

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Open File location" from Jump List Property: In Windows 7, I used to be able to right click on a jumplist item and then select "Open File Location".In windows 10 that extremely useful feature has disappeared. How can I get it back?...
  7. I cant open anything from the start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cant open anything from the start menu: I dont know what exactly I did but I cant open anything from the start menu. Control Panel gives me a weird error saying no mapping between account names and security ids was done. half of the "fixes" i found told me to open settings but i cant open those either. others said...
  8. Cursor keeps jumping to start button and opening the start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cursor keeps jumping to start button and opening the start menu: Since I bought this laptop the cursor keeps jumping to the start button and opening the start menu. It's really frustrating. It does it about every half hour or so. I looked at a few threads on here and Reddit but nothing has worked. My laptop doesn't have a touch screen and...
  9. Can't unpin excel jump list file from the start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't unpin excel jump list file from the start menu: There's nothing there that links those shortcuts to the jumplist for the app that opens them, that the job of the files in the AutomaticDestinations folder. So what is the purpose of the recent items folder? Where are those shortcut files, folders used?
  10. Jump List Items not Opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Jump List Items not Opening: Is anyone having the issue where you open your jump list in File Explorer and then click on something like your Videos or Downloads Folder to have the jump list close like normal, but then nothing open? I also noticed that when I right click on the start button, I can't get...