Windows 10: Start menu not closing

Discus and support Start menu not closing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I clicked on the start menu and when I open my application the start menu will not turn off or close. I need to refresh my computer to make it gone. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by magnus.farr, Sep 28, 2022.

1. Start menu not closing

I clicked on the start menu and when I open my application the start menu will not turn off or close. I need to refresh my computer to make it gone. I restart the computer and issue persist. It is disturbing and kind of irritable when this whole start menu never close.

:)

magnus.farr, Sep 28, 2022

2. Start Menu opens and closes suddenly

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to make your start menu work and check if it helps.

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type Powershell
    • Type the following 2 commands in the Powershell prompt:
      • $manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifestand press Enter.
      • Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"}and press Enter.
    • Close the Powershell window.
    • Reboot.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further queries, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Sep 28, 2022
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 Start Menu Not Closing

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the step below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Check for the latest updates and install.

• Press Windows logo key +R, enter
      MS-settings:
      and then press OK. This opens Settings.

• In Settings, go to Update & security >
      Windows Update, and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.
    Step 2: I suggest you to run
    Start menu troubleshooter. After you've completed the troubleshooter, restart your device.

Step 3: I suggest you to perform
    System File Checker
    (SFC) scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

To perform SFC Scan, refer to the below link:

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Sep 28, 2022
  4. Start menu not closing

Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Sep 28, 2022
Thema:

Start menu not closing

1. Start menu not closing - Similar Threads - Start menu closing

2. The start menu is automatically closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The start menu is automatically closing: For the past day or so, every time I open start menu from the windows key and try to click on anything, it freezes and closes itself. Even when I leave it idle, it closes itself after 2-3 seconds automatically. Search is running fine but anything other than that is not. I am...
  3. The start menu is automatically closing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The start menu is automatically closing: For the past day or so, every time I open start menu from the windows key and try to click on anything, it freezes and closes itself. Even when I leave it idle, it closes itself after 2-3 seconds automatically. Search is running fine but anything other than that is not. I am...
  4. The start menu is automatically closing

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Start menu won't automatically close

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu won't automatically close: Hello ,i have an issue with the start menu , i always press windows key and start searching something with typing when i find the folder i need i press enter before this issue start menu was closing and i could use the keyboard to move in the folder to choose what pdf i need...
  6. Start menu not closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu not closing: I clicked on the start menu and when I open my application the start menu will not turn off or close. I need to refresh my computer to make it gone. I restart the computer and issue persist. It is disturbing and kind of irritable when this whole start menu never close....
  7. Start menu not closing

Start menu not closing: I clicked on the start menu and when I open my application the start menu will not turn off or close. I need to refresh my computer to make it gone. I restart the computer and issue persist. It is disturbing and kind of irritable when this whole start menu never close....
  8. start menu and popup menu are closes itself

start menu and popup menu are closes itself: when I am open the start menu, popup menu in windows 10 it closes itself and the mouse is not working at the moment how to I solve it please help me...
  9. close start menu

close start menu: After last Windows 10 update, I cannot close stat menu. Internet websites have no minimization button, and close button is hidden in the upper right corner. I play Caesars slots which would run in the background while I looked at other websites, now the game stops...
  10. Start Menu won't close

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start Menu won't close: It's been a week since I bought this computer, and the start menu won't close. I have all the latest updates, ran the start menu troubleshooter, sfc scan, nothing works. This is my first Windows laptop and I'm very disappointed, to be honest. I've spent all week downloading...