Windows 10: Start Menu not functioning

Discus and support Start Menu not functioning in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi,Im Fatcat from Asia. Just installed Win 10 Ent. Found out that Start Menu which contains few functions refused to work - every time I click the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kucengemok, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Start Menu not functioning

Hi,Im Fatcat from Asia. Just installed Win 10 Ent. Found out that Start Menu which contains few functions refused to work - every time I click the items, it wont execute...please refer to the image. regards.

Start Menu not functioning [​IMG]

:)

kucengemok, Sep 13, 2015

2. My start menu icons aren't showing up properly!

I have same problem, the start menu is not working. when you click it , nothing happened. Microsoft edge and store icon are missing on the taskbar.

start menu not working, Sep 13, 2015
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Start and Search menu not functioning

Hello,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

The issue could be because of corruptions on the computer.

I suggest you to perform a sfc scan on the computer to check if there are any corruptions on the computer. Please follow the below link to perform a sfc scan on the computer.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Hope this information is helpful. Please reply with the results, I will be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Sep 13, 2015
Thema:

Start Menu not functioning

1. Start Menu not functioning - Similar Threads - Start Menu functioning

2. Start menu and taskbar not functioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu and taskbar not functioning: The start menu today is not working even taskbar does not respond and will make my Windows freeze however the strange thing is the search box is working properly without problem. I can make searches and will provide result on the other hand start menu failed to launch every...
  3. Start menu and taskbar not functioning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu and taskbar not functioning: The start menu today is not working even taskbar does not respond and will make my Windows freeze however the strange thing is the search box is working properly without problem. I can make searches and will provide result on the other hand start menu failed to launch every...
  4. Start menu and taskbar not functioning

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Lost start menu function

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost start menu function: Keep clicking on start menu but it will not open. I tried to use the shortcut key on the keyboard and it is still the same. How can I open it? I have Windows 10 Acer laptop and it is working yesterday....
  6. Lost start menu function

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost start menu function: Keep clicking on start menu but it will not open. I tried to use the shortcut key on the keyboard and it is still the same. How can I open it? I have Windows 10 Acer laptop and it is working yesterday....
  7. Lost start menu function

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Start menu not functioning

Start menu not functioning: I recently built a new PC and installed windows 10 on it. However, whenever the windows key or logo in the bottom left of the screen is clicked, the search bar disappears and nothing else happens....
  9. start menu and taskbar is not functioning

start menu and taskbar is not functioning: what should I do to fix the start menu and taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-and-taskbar-is-not-functioning/83811cce-2f9b-43de-9a33-7036cdec4a22
  10. Start menu functions

Start menu functions: I'm running latest version of Windows 10. After a recent update the "Search" option in the Start button doesn't work. Also I've discovered that the "Command Prompt" and "Command Prompt (Admin)" don't work. I've looked around to try and reinstall the start menu but without...