Windows 10: Start Menu not functioning

Discus and support Start Menu not functioning in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi,Im Fatcat from Asia. Just installed Win 10 Ent. Found out that Start Menu which contains few functions refused to work - every time I click the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kucengemok, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Start Menu not functioning

Hi,Im Fatcat from Asia. Just installed Win 10 Ent. Found out that Start Menu which contains few functions refused to work - every time I click the items, it wont execute...please refer to the image. regards.

Start Menu not functioning [​IMG]

:)

kucengemok, Sep 13, 2015

2. My start menu icons aren't showing up properly!

I have same problem, the start menu is not working. when you click it , nothing happened. Microsoft edge and store icon are missing on the taskbar.

start menu not working, Sep 13, 2015
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Start and Search menu not functioning

Hello,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

The issue could be because of corruptions on the computer.

I suggest you to perform a sfc scan on the computer to check if there are any corruptions on the computer. Please follow the below link to perform a sfc scan on the computer.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Hope this information is helpful. Please reply with the results, I will be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Sep 13, 2015
Thema:

Start Menu not functioning

1. Start Menu not functioning - Similar Threads - Start Menu functioning

2. START MENU and a host of functions not working

in Cortana
    START MENU and a host of functions not working: What can I do about my Windows 10 Enterprise computer that the Start Menu/Cortana has become unresponsive? Also certain apps like Microsoft Edge, Calculator [the ones I have tried] and a few other neither open nor have icons anymore Could it be a virus? What can I do?...
  3. Start Button functions

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Start Button functions: Greetings from a junior member! I have used all OS from 98 to this Win10 and still shed a tear for the demise of XP Pro... A new pc - bought, not built has Win 10 Home 64 bit on board. I has (or I have) lost the initial functionality it came with... Much of the commands from...
  4. start menu and taskbar is not functioning

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu and taskbar is not functioning: what should I do to fix the start menu and taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-and-taskbar-is-not-functioning/83811cce-2f9b-43de-9a33-7036cdec4a22
  5. Taskbar icons. start menu, action center not functioning

Taskbar icons. start menu, action center not functioning: Please help, taskbar icons (Windows app icons e.g. edge, win store, calculator, win defender, etc.), that includes windows start menu and action center icosns does not function when you click. how to solve. thank you...
  6. Start menu functions

Start menu functions: I'm running latest version of Windows 10. After a recent update the "Search" option in the Start button doesn't work. Also I've discovered that the "Command Prompt" and "Command Prompt (Admin)" don't work. I've looked around to try and reinstall the start menu but without...
  7. Lost Start menu search function

Lost Start menu search function: I'm creating a custom image of Windows 10 Pro and am implementing my usual settings, programs and tweaks as I have with prior versions of Windows. I'm sure I'll have a few other questions along the way as I complete this task but my main problem is my Search function in...
  8. Windows 10 issue with start menu, action center not functioning

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 issue with start menu, action center not functioning: Hello. This issue just started yesterday and I have done everything I could think of to solve it with no luck. After several hours of trouble shooting, I did narrow down the issue, but can't make sense of it. I have windows 10 pro and have updated all the drivers to the most...
  9. Non-Functioning Start Menu / Missing taskbar Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Non-Functioning Start Menu / Missing taskbar Icons: I seem to remember running across a post here regarding the problem with a non-functioning Start Menu button and missing or non-functioning taskbar icons that indicated this issue had been fixed in the Anniversary Update. Well I don't think so. I was playing with a brand new...
  10. Start menu and Search/Cortana do not function

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu and Search/Cortana do not function: Sometimes Start menu and Search/Cortana buttons become frozen and only after hard boot they work. 19756