Windows 10: Start Menu not opening, Explorer refreshes whenever folders are opened and said folders...

Discus and support Start Menu not opening, Explorer refreshes whenever folders are opened and said folders... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Genuine Windows 10, came with Asus Zenbook. Since yesterday, I can't save anything, as the "save" browser box doesn't open. As soon as I open any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rudraneel Dutta, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Start Menu not opening, Explorer refreshes whenever folders are opened and said folders...

Genuine Windows 10, came with Asus Zenbook.
    Since yesterday, I can't save anything, as the "save" browser box doesn't open.

As soon as I open any folders, explorer refreshes and said folder is closed instantly.

Also, the Start Menu doesn't open.
    Tried running MalwareBytes once, got a BSOD, will try again. Please help ASAP, it's my dad's laptop and he needs it for work.

:)

Rudraneel Dutta, Oct 20, 2020
  2. Jacko28 Win User

Opening a Folder in VC++

I've recently started learning VC++ and it's coming along quite nicley, I've now been given a little task by my boss to add a button to an excisting Incident report program.

All the button needs to do is open a new explorer window and open the folder selected in the incident report program. There isn't a deadline for it, it's just to assist in my learning.

I'm not asking for anyone to do it for me, i just need a few suggestions on how to do this so i'm looking in the correct direction?

Thanks

Jacko28, Oct 20, 2020
  3. temp02 Win User
    Opening a Folder in VC++

Use ShellExecute, like this:
    Code: ShellExecute(NULL, "explore", "C:\", NULL, NULL, SW_SHOWDEFAULT);[/quote] And replace "C:\" with whatever folder path you want to open.
    Good luck.

temp02, Oct 20, 2020
  4. Jacko28 Win User

Start Menu not opening, Explorer refreshes whenever folders are opened and said folders...

Opening a Folder in VC++

I've got the button working now, it opens the folder which I've stated.

I'm now looking at reading a string the user inputs, from this string I want to be able identify and open the folder using the button.

Is this in the range of someone at intermediate level?

Furthermore, is there a function like equalsIgnoreCase in c++ and would this be viable for doing what I need?

Jacko28, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

Start Menu not opening, Explorer refreshes whenever folders are opened and said folders...

1. Start Menu not opening, Explorer refreshes whenever folders are opened and said folders... - Similar Threads - Start Menu opening

2. whenever I started open any folder in file explorer it showing me "working on it " message...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    whenever I started open any folder in file explorer it showing me "working on it " message...: whenever I started or open any folder in file explorer it showing me "working on it " message about 20-30 sec .why this happens ,Suggest any solution for this...
  3. Documents folder opens in background from START menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents folder opens in background from START menu: A weird issue started on my Windows 10 21H2. My START menu will not close automatically when I click my Documents, Downloads, and other folder shortcuts. These folders open in the background, behind other open windows, while the START menu remains open. This started happening...
  4. Documents folder opens in background from START menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Documents folder opens in background from START menu: A weird issue started on my Windows 10 21H2. My START menu will not close automatically when I click my Documents, Downloads, and other folder shortcuts. These folders open in the background, behind other open windows, while the START menu remains open. This started happening...
  5. Documents folder opens in background from START menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Certain folder in File Explorer keeps refreshing upon opening

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Certain folder in File Explorer keeps refreshing upon opening: I have a particular folder in my PC that I open frequently, which contains 20GB of large-sized DSLR photographs. Every time I open the folder, the photos are sorted to a default arrangement before taking a few seconds to refresh and revert back to the sorting arrangement I...
  7. Change folder to open when selecting folder in start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change folder to open when selecting folder in start menu: [ATTACH] This might sound like a weird one, but essentially the Documents folder on Windows is a mess, so I have my own "Documents" folder created elsewhere, and I'd like to change which folder opens when selecting this option in the Start Menu. Is this possible through...
  8. script for opening a folder as sub-menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    script for opening a folder as sub-menu: Hello I'm looking for a script (.vbs or. Bat) that opens an existing folder as a sub-menu at mouse pointer location. or a script that opens a custom menu (included some shortcuts)at pointer. is it possible? My OS: win 10 1903 .268 154148
  9. Windows explorer keeps refreshing whenever there is a file in folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows explorer keeps refreshing whenever there is a file in folder: I have a new i5 desktop with the latest Windows 10 and everything works fine except 1 thing: When I open windows explorer and browse to a folder that has a htm or html file in it, all desktop icons and taskbar and the folder itself keeps refreshing. As soon as I change the...
  10. Explorer crashes whenever I open a folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer crashes whenever I open a folder: Hello, I have been having a problem recently where whenever I try to open a folder explorer crashes and reloads, making it unusable. I'm sick of having to use 7-zip, which is not meant to be used for browsing files, to browse files. Event logs says that the problem is...