Windows 10: Start menu not responsive and getting error 0xlx on all windows applications

Discus and support Start menu not responsive and getting error 0xlx on all windows applications in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, never thought it would come down to this but here is my issue. I have used window 10 for several months until I recently changed my faulty RAM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Alfred1808, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Start menu not responsive and getting error 0xlx on all windows applications

Hi all,

never thought it would come down to this but here is my issue. I have used window 10 for several months until I recently changed my faulty RAM which caused several hiccups.

However after getting every all booted up, I realized my start and search button no longer works.
    And also all my windows default applications seems to have gone missing.

For example when I try to view a jpeg file, it will show error.

So when I right click the file, it will show something like TWINUI, then when I further choose a specific app, it will show ms-resource:AppFriendlyName.

Which leads me to suspect that these apps have being corrupted.

I've already run "sfc /scannow" and "Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" as an administrator through an elevated Command Prompt.
    Which was no help.

I have also tried performing re-installing the apps via power shell with the command below but it was no use.

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"}

And it gave me an error instead.
    Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CFE, The package repository is corrupted.
    Error -2018574325: Windows cannot process a deployment operation because the package repository database encounter an unrecoverable error.
    Use the Reset Your PC feature to recover your PC.

Please kindly advise on what should I do from here. I have even re-installed windows 10 and it is not helping.

Current version: Windows 10 Version 1909 OS build 18363.720

:)

Alfred1808, Mar 30, 2020
  2. NMskies Win User

Error 0xlx when opening .jpg file

I am trying to open .jpg (downloaded from an email) and getting the following message:

Application error: The application was unable to start correctly (0xlx). Click OK to close the application.

I cannot open .jpg files.

I am using IE10 and Windows 10.

How to remedy?

Original Title:Application Error 0xlx

NMskies, Mar 30, 2020
  3. Application Error 0xlx on Windows 10

I've recently begun getting the following message "{Application Error} The application was unable to start correctly (0xlx). Click OK to close the program." whenever I try to open a picture through the Photos application, as well as when I attempt to open
    several other applications, especially through file explorer and through Start.

I've already run "sfc /scannow" and "Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" as an administrator through an elevated Command Prompt as suggested by Dell Support and in other forums, but everything came back normal.

I'm running Windows 10 Home, Version 1709, and I had all of the updates loaded. I unloaded an update from 2 days ago hoping that was the issue, but the problem did not go away.

** Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures **

MichaelDowhan, Mar 30, 2020
  4. Start menu not responsive and getting error 0xlx on all windows applications

Explorer.exe, Werfault.exe, RuntimeBroker.exe (application errors). start wont come up and application errors wont go

Hi James,

Thank you for your response with the current update on the issue.

To assist you to better, please provided us the information below:

• Have you tried to perform all the steps provided in the previous post?
    • Have you created another user account as suggested in the step 2?

Please try to perform the step 1 and step 2 provided in the previous post. Let us know of the results after performing it.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Start Menu and running application, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

Start menu not responsive and getting error 0xlx on all windows applications

1. Start menu not responsive and getting error 0xlx on all windows applications - Similar Threads - Start menu responsive

2. Windows Applications not starting at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Applications not starting at all: As of this week, two days ago, my Microsoft Teams application stopped working. I was using the "New Microsoft Teams" and on startup, it would flicker like its trying to open but will not get there. After 15 or so flickers, it stops and never opens. Using "Classic Microsoft...
  3. Windows Applications not starting at all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Applications not starting at all: As of this week, two days ago, my Microsoft Teams application stopped working. I was using the "New Microsoft Teams" and on startup, it would flicker like its trying to open but will not get there. After 15 or so flickers, it stops and never opens. Using "Classic Microsoft...
  4. Windows Applications not starting at all

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Any way to pin a folder existing in the All Applications menu to the Start menu ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any way to pin a folder existing in the All Applications menu to the Start menu ?: HI,Many desktop applications are installing in the All Applications menu a folder containing various items pointing to documentation, help files and various utilities related to the main program. Such folders appear in the All Applications menu when I click on "All...
  6. Any way to pin a folder existing in the All Applications menu to the Start menu ?

Any way to pin a folder existing in the All Applications menu to the Start menu ?: HI,Many desktop applications are installing in the All Applications menu a folder containing various items pointing to documentation, help files and various utilities related to the main program. Such folders appear in the All Applications menu when I click on "All...
  7. Start Menu Buttons not responsive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Start Menu Buttons not responsive: Hi Community,I had this issue before and now it comes back again. So here's the issue:This issue only occurs when my PC wakes up I normally put it to sleep instead of turning off. The buttons on the menu bar that related to Win10 system becomes not responsive. For example, I...
  8. Application responsiveness

Application responsiveness: Hello tenforums users! So I am using applications like Process Lasso and WhySoSlow. Sometimes when turning on and using some of applications in the Process Lasso app I can see a Responsiveness of application that it has a high usage and my laptop freezes for few secs. In...
  9. Is Avast responsible for Critical Error in Start Menu and Cortana

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is Avast responsible for Critical Error in Start Menu and Cortana: Recently I've been getting the critical error with my start menu and cortana. Of course after a few restarts and prays eveything works normal. But after seeing a posts in d general discussion area I saw many individuals say avast is responsible for the error. Can...
  10. Start Menu Not Responsive to Changes

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Not Responsive to Changes: Last night, I upgraded my Windows 8.1 laptop to Windows 10. Since upgrading, the start menu is not functioning properly. While attempting to customize the menu by rearranging tiles and unpinning unwanted tiles, I realized that when I right click and unpin a tile, the tile...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. application error 0xlx