Start Menu Not Responsive to Changes

Discus and support Start Menu Not Responsive to Changes in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Last night, I upgraded my Windows 8.1 laptop to Windows 10. Since upgrading, the start menu is not functioning properly. While attempting to customize... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chris322, Jul 31, 2015.

1. chris322 Win User

Last night, I upgraded my Windows 8.1 laptop to Windows 10. Since upgrading, the start menu is not functioning properly. While attempting to customize the menu by rearranging tiles and unpinning unwanted tiles, I realized that when I right click and unpin a tile, the tile remains in place. When I try to pin additional apps to the start menu, I right click and select pin to start, but they do not appear. Restarting the computer results in my changes appearing. I can then unpin or pin two or three tiles, only to have the same problem occur again. I have to restart again before I can see changes.

Any advice?

:)

chris322, Jul 31, 2015
  2. start menu not working Win User

My start menu icons aren't showing up properly!

I have same problem, the start menu is not working. when you click it , nothing happened. Microsoft edge and store icon are missing on the taskbar.

start menu not working, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Promise0nyekachi Win User
    Enuiry.Start Menu Not responsive

Please how do i resolve my Start up menu issues, is not responsive anymore for four days now...

***Post moved by the Forum Moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Promise0nyekachi, Jul 31, 2015
Thema:

Start Menu Not Responsive to Changes - Similar Threads - Start Menu Responsive

1. Start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu: Besides Start10 by Stardock(my Norton av sees this one as malicious) what other options are there? I just do not like the win 10 start menu look. 112780
  2. Start Menu Customization

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Customization: Hi all If this post is a repeat of an existing topic, I apologize, I couldn't find anything in my searches. I'm trying to customize the Windows 10 start menu and I'm running into an issue with grouped boxes (the icons boxes created by placing one icon on top of another,...
  3. New update messes my start menu up

in Windows 10 Support
    New update messes my start menu up: I tested to see if my menu works before I installed the new update, and it was working. After restart for the update I checked it again and it's missing. What is up with these updates that keep removing my start menu? This is getting to be a pain and to think I liked windows...
  4. Start menu typing search doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu typing search doesn't work: I thought I could just type "rege" and get Regedit result right away. No. I need to type the whole name. What's going on? The Windows Search service is running. I disabled Cortana, but that shouldn't matter, should it? 112057
  5. Start Menu Not Responding Enterprise

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Not Responding Enterprise: I imaged a new machine in my company's environment with Windows 10 Enterprise. Upon the user logging in to the machine, he reports his start menu not working. A reboot fixes the issue. Is there a solution other than rebooting the machine to fix this issue? I ran the sfc...
  6. Is Avast responsible for Critical Error in Start Menu and Cortana

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is Avast responsible for Critical Error in Start Menu and Cortana: Recently I've been getting the critical error with my start menu and cortana. Of course after a few restarts and prays eveything works normal. But after seeing a posts in d general discussion area I saw many individuals say avast is responsible for the error. Can...
  7. Last two builds to 14942 - Start Button/Menu freezing/non-responsive

in Windows 10 Support
    Last two builds to 14942 - Start Button/Menu freezing/non-responsive: For the last two builds through 14942 (I'm on the fast ring), I've been having problems where the start button/start menu would freeze or become non-responsive. I've run virus/malware scans (with paid ESET and Malwarebytes) with no threats shown. I will click the start button...