Windows 10: Start Menu Not Responsive to Changes

Discus and support Start Menu Not Responsive to Changes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Last night, I upgraded my Windows 8.1 laptop to Windows 10. Since upgrading, the start menu is not functioning properly. While attempting to customize... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chris322, Jul 30, 2015.

1. chris322 Win User

Start Menu Not Responsive to Changes

Last night, I upgraded my Windows 8.1 laptop to Windows 10. Since upgrading, the start menu is not functioning properly. While attempting to customize the menu by rearranging tiles and unpinning unwanted tiles, I realized that when I right click and unpin a tile, the tile remains in place. When I try to pin additional apps to the start menu, I right click and select pin to start, but they do not appear. Restarting the computer results in my changes appearing. I can then unpin or pin two or three tiles, only to have the same problem occur again. I have to restart again before I can see changes.

Any advice?

:)

chris322, Jul 30, 2015

2. My start menu icons aren't showing up properly!

I have same problem, the start menu is not working. when you click it , nothing happened. Microsoft edge and store icon are missing on the taskbar.

start menu not working, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Enuiry.Start Menu Not responsive

Please how do i resolve my Start up menu issues, is not responsive anymore for four days now...

***Post moved by the Forum Moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Promise0nyekachi, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

Start Menu Not Responsive to Changes

1. Start Menu Not Responsive to Changes - Similar Threads - Start Menu Responsive

2. Start menu slow response time and unable to search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu slow response time and unable to search: This morning after booting up my machine I clicked the windows button and started to type in the name of the application I wanted to open only for the search bar not to respond. When I click on the search bar the start menu closes entirely.While trying to resolve this issue I...
  3. Start menu slow response time and unable to search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu slow response time and unable to search: This morning after booting up my machine I clicked the windows button and started to type in the name of the application I wanted to open only for the search bar not to respond. When I click on the search bar the start menu closes entirely.While trying to resolve this issue I...
  4. Start Menu Buttons not responsive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Start Menu Buttons not responsive: Hi Community,I had this issue before and now it comes back again. So here's the issue:This issue only occurs when my PC wakes up I normally put it to sleep instead of turning off. The buttons on the menu bar that related to Win10 system becomes not responsive. For example, I...
  5. Start menu icons changed.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu icons changed.: I recently had a pc reset after that the system apps icon has changed as shown in the attached image image 1 , It looks black and white before it was colorfulImage 2, how do I restore them?? But I don't have any issues regarding using these apps....
  6. Windows start menu, search bar, and task manager not responsive!

Windows start menu, search bar, and task manager not responsive!: Hi everyone! So I have been searching for ways to fix this issue but all solutions include using the start menu or task manager. Any suggestions for how to fix this? For reference here is everything that doesn't work: start menu search bar task manager cortana I...
  7. Start Menu Changed

Start Menu Changed: How do I get out of this windows 10 start menu? It's on the left of the screen and the desktop image is muted. I have the windows 7 classic shell but it doesn't work like before I updated windows. [ATTACH]...
  8. Change start menu search

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change start menu search: I've just done a clean install of windows from 1809 to 1909 and can't get my start search to look how it did before. 1809 search 1909 search Is this just how search looks now or can I change it? submitted by /u/imshitatpickingnames [link] [comments]...
  9. HOW TO CHANGE START MENU?

HOW TO CHANGE START MENU?: [ATTACH] My start menu looks like its stuck in 2001, however when I click on Start Menu Windows at the top it switches to a normal WIN10 Start menu. If i exit it defaults to the older looking menu. How do i get it to stay looking like the modern WIN10 start? THANK YOU...
  10. Is Avast responsible for Critical Error in Start Menu and Cortana

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is Avast responsible for Critical Error in Start Menu and Cortana: Recently I've been getting the critical error with my start menu and cortana. Of course after a few restarts and prays eveything works normal. But after seeing a posts in d general discussion area I saw many individuals say avast is responsible for the error. Can...