Windows 10: Start Menu Not Responsive to Changes

Discus and support Start Menu Not Responsive to Changes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Last night, I upgraded my Windows 8.1 laptop to Windows 10. Since upgrading, the start menu is not functioning properly. While attempting to customize... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chris322, Jul 30, 2015.

1. chris322 Win User

Start Menu Not Responsive to Changes

Last night, I upgraded my Windows 8.1 laptop to Windows 10. Since upgrading, the start menu is not functioning properly. While attempting to customize the menu by rearranging tiles and unpinning unwanted tiles, I realized that when I right click and unpin a tile, the tile remains in place. When I try to pin additional apps to the start menu, I right click and select pin to start, but they do not appear. Restarting the computer results in my changes appearing. I can then unpin or pin two or three tiles, only to have the same problem occur again. I have to restart again before I can see changes.

Any advice?

:)

chris322, Jul 30, 2015

2. My start menu icons aren't showing up properly!

I have same problem, the start menu is not working. when you click it , nothing happened. Microsoft edge and store icon are missing on the taskbar.

start menu not working, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Enuiry.Start Menu Not responsive

Please how do i resolve my Start up menu issues, is not responsive anymore for four days now...

***Post moved by the Forum Moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Promise0nyekachi, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

Start Menu Not Responsive to Changes

1. Start Menu Not Responsive to Changes - Similar Threads - Start Menu Responsive

2. Change Start Menu Shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Start Menu Shortcut: I recently reinstalled a program and the shortcut in the start menu points to a incorrect location, so the program won't start. How do I change the shortcut to point to the correct location?...
  3. How to change icons in start menu?

How to change icons in start menu?: I'v installed an ipack icon pack but the start menu never changed. I did something in my registry that changed my quick action icon by taking ownership and running a .reg file. Is there something I can do to change the start menu icons to the ones in the ipack I installed?...
  4. Changing Start Menu Icons?

Changing Start Menu Icons?: How can I go about changing the look of this ugly Dead Space 3 icon to look as nice as the others? Is this even possible? [img] 70793
  5. Change color of icons on start menu?

Change color of icons on start menu?: I tried looking around and I'm not seeing a option, since the update some icons randomly changed color on their own but I don't see how to do it myself. 29755
  6. Changing the Start Menu Tile Side

Changing the Start Menu Tile Side: I have basically given up hope that Microsoft will return the Windows 7 (and before) Start Menu back where it belongs. So I want to play their game and try to modify the tile side. I see that programs that I pin to the Start menu go to the very bottom of the tiles. I added a...
  7. Is Avast responsible for Critical Error in Start Menu and Cortana

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is Avast responsible for Critical Error in Start Menu and Cortana: Recently I've been getting the critical error with my start menu and cortana. Of course after a few restarts and prays eveything works normal. But after seeing a posts in d general discussion area I saw many individuals say avast is responsible for the error. Can...
  8. How to Change Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Change Start Menu: I'm running Windows 10 Home Version 1703 OS Build 15063.674, and I've noticed a few annoying things about it. I would like to change the start menu so that whenever I start typing, no searches from the internet show up. Most guides that show how to do this are outdated, as...
  9. Changing Names on Start Menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Names on Start Menu tiles: I have searched all over for a simple method of changing the names on start menu tiles, especially the ones relating to websites etc. Isn't it possible for Microsoft to come up with a simple "right-click on tile" solution which would allow you to change the properties of the...
  10. Can't change my start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't change my start menu: Hi ever since I had first installed Win10 my start menu has looked like this, [img] I thought nothing of it but my dad's start menu has tiles and things on it and I like it a lot more. But I have NO IDEA how to change it to that. Sometimes when I start windows the start...