Start Menu Not Responsive to Changes

Discus and support Start Menu Not Responsive to Changes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Last night, I upgraded my Windows 8.1 laptop to Windows 10. Since upgrading, the start menu is not functioning properly. While attempting to customize... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chris322, Jul 30, 2015.

1. chris322 Win User

Last night, I upgraded my Windows 8.1 laptop to Windows 10. Since upgrading, the start menu is not functioning properly. While attempting to customize the menu by rearranging tiles and unpinning unwanted tiles, I realized that when I right click and unpin a tile, the tile remains in place. When I try to pin additional apps to the start menu, I right click and select pin to start, but they do not appear. Restarting the computer results in my changes appearing. I can then unpin or pin two or three tiles, only to have the same problem occur again. I have to restart again before I can see changes.

Any advice?

:)

chris322, Jul 30, 2015
  2. start menu not working Win User

My start menu icons aren't showing up properly!

I have same problem, the start menu is not working. when you click it , nothing happened. Microsoft edge and store icon are missing on the taskbar.

start menu not working, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Promise0nyekachi Win User
    Enuiry.Start Menu Not responsive

Please how do i resolve my Start up menu issues, is not responsive anymore for four days now...

***Post moved by the Forum Moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Promise0nyekachi, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

1. Start Menu Not Responsive to Changes - Similar Threads - Start Menu Responsive

2. i do not have a start button, how do i get one?

in Windows 10 Customization
    i do not have a start button, how do i get one?: I do not have a start menu. how do I get it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/i-do-not-have-a-start-button-how-do-i-get-one/68c1bff7-f3a1-4e4a-a36a-1e9b7de074cb
  3. Win10 motherboard change activation saga

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 motherboard change activation saga: I recently changed the motherboard and CPU in my primary system. It was running Win10 Pro X64, upgraded from Win8.1 . That was an upgrade from Win 8, which was an upgrade from Win7, which was... you get the idea. The ancestral OS was retail. The most recent license I had...
  4. Mobile Sharepoint online Color Change

Mobile Sharepoint online Color Change: Hi. My clients use their iPAD and iPhone a lot and right now the various Communication sites in Sharepoint Online I have created are all uniform on the desktop but on mobile the background show up as a wide range of colors (pink, purple, green and there seems to be no...
  5. windows menu and emails not opening

windows menu and emails not opening: Hi there my windows menu will not open even if i click the windows key, my emails and windows store are also not opening... i have ran powershell but nothing seemed to be wrong...
  6. Windows 10 language change to complete English

Windows 10 language change to complete English: Hey! So I bought a computer with pre installed Windows 10 and it had local language set up as default. Of course I changed the language immediately to Enlgish as it is the one I prefer and comprehend best. Unfortunately some of the programs and microsoft applications are...
  7. change network type from public to private in win 10

change network type from public to private in win 10: my home wifi is set to public. i want to change it to private but i cant find any options to do it even after searching the internet for solutions. please help...
  8. Start Menu Full Text Labels instead of Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Full Text Labels instead of Icons: Hi, I just installed Windows 10 and have been watching some youtube videos and tutorials about it. During some of the videos I noticed the start menu was different to mine. So I was wondering how do I enable full texted labels instead of just the icons when I click the start...
  9. How to prevent changes to Windows 10 updates setting by Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to prevent changes to Windows 10 updates setting by Microsoft?: I have two bat files in Task Manager to control the updates to a specific time period when downloads are not metered by my ISP. Lately during updates Microsoft has been turning off the bat file and resetting the update to happen any time, usually during the day when my data...
  10. Unable to access boot menu even i had already inserted window installation media and keep...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to access boot menu even i had already inserted window installation media and keep...: Hi, My laptop is dead and it only shows up a manufacturer screen and turns to a blank screen after a few seconds, I also tried to open up a task manager but it won't works. So, i got nothing to then to force close my laptop (by keep pressing the off button). I had tried...