Windows 10: Start menu not showing all apps after Windows 1903 update.

Discus and support Start menu not showing all apps after Windows 1903 update. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Dear Members. After I have installed 1903 update to my system, my start menu is acting errant. I can't find all the software on my system in "All... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CA.NitinMahajan, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Start menu not showing all apps after Windows 1903 update.

Dear Members.

After I have installed 1903 update to my system, my start menu is acting errant. I can't find all the software on my system in "All apps" menu on start menu. Further I can only pin the apps that are displayed in 'All apps' menu and none else in my pinned apps on start menu.

I logged into my system from other user accounts (both admin account and normal account) and the start menu is working perfectly.

I, in fact created a new admin user account and the start menu was working perfectly displaying all the software/apps installed on my system. However, I don't want to shift to a new user account as all my data, settings will need to be created afresh in the new account and that will be too cumbersome a procedure.

Is there a way for me to correct the working of start menu in my existing user account.

Kindly help.

Regards

NMahajanCA

:)

CA.NitinMahajan, Jul 26, 2019
  2. Yvonne Win User

Applications still showing on Start menu after powershell deletion

Hi,

I've used powershell to remove some apps (like Xbox games).

On one account, it cleaned up the start menu just fine.

Second account, they were showing on the start menu, so I ran powershell again and verified everything was gone that I wanted, but Xbox is still showing on the menu list. *Not* as a tile, but in the "All Apps" list. I have also tried looking at the Start Menu in File Explorer for that User and can not see the App listed.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Yvonne, Jul 26, 2019
  3. Geethu B Win User
    How to show MOST USED apps in Start Menu?

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.
    I will surely help you to fix the issue with Start Menu.

This issue could have occurred due to incorrect Start settings.

I suggest you to try the following steps which will help to show most used apps in Start Menu. Check if it helps.

• Click on Start Button and click on
      Settings.

• Double-click Personalization.

• In the left pane click on Start.

• In the right pane check if the “Show most used apps” slider is
      turned on or not.

• If not move the slider to
      turn it on.

• Now check in Start Menu, if it shows most used apps.
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jul 26, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Start menu not showing all apps after Windows 1903 update.

Start menu not showing apps in Windows 10

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Have you updated all the Windows updates?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Have you installed any update recently?
    As a work around, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run built-in Windows Store app troubleshooter.

• Click on Start search and type troubleshooting and choose 'Troubleshooting'

• Click on 'View All'.

• Run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter.
    Step 2: I suggest you to check for the latest updates

• Press Windows logo key +R, enter MS-settings: and then press
      OK. This opens Settings.
    • In Settings, go to Update & security > Windows Update, and then select
      Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jul 26, 2019
Thema:

Start menu not showing all apps after Windows 1903 update.

1. Start menu not showing all apps after Windows 1903 update. - Similar Threads - Start menu showing

2. "Show all apps by default" removed from start menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Show all apps by default" removed from start menu?: When you open the start menu, the field on the left SHOULD be an expanded list of all programs. However, following the latest update, that function is removed. From now on, the "All Apps" section is always collapsed. The option "Show apps list in start menu" has been...
  3. Update broke start menu and all Windows Apps

Update broke start menu and all Windows Apps: The update on June 15 - KB4497165 - killed my Start Menu. After 6 hours, I fell upon a Microsoft idea to turn Lock The Taskbar on, which was off. I did that along with 10 other things so I am not sure what fixed the Start Menu. Requiring the Taskbar to be locked seems wrong...
  4. Update 1903 Start Menu Issue

Update 1903 Start Menu Issue: My computer updated automatically from Win 10 1803 to 1903 on 8/5/19. The first issue I found was a Onedrive app icon in the start menu that was not there prior to the update, I delete the desktop app long ago. When clicking the icon nothing happens, when right clicking the...
  5. ms-resource:AppName/Text appeared on Start Menu All Apps since 1903 update

ms-resource:AppName/Text appeared on Start Menu All Apps since 1903 update: This rogue entry, which does not start anything and can't be removed, appeared on most of the accounts across all of our three different machines. If you drag the entry to the desktop, it seems that underneath the "ms-resource:AppName/Text" it is pointing at...
  6. No "All Apps" in Start Menu after Anniversary Update!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No "All Apps" in Start Menu after Anniversary Update!: So I just updated to the latest Windows Update upon a prompt. (Automatically in other words.) This added the Anniversary Update as well, which changed the Start Menu somewhat. There is one problem though, it doesn't work as intended. I was under the impression that "All Apps"...
  7. All apps in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    All apps in start menu: So I just installed the anniversary update and it changed the start menu so it is now showing "All apps", I have browsed the settings but can't seem to figure out how to turn this off... I want to turn off the list that appears to the left that is showing all the crap...
  8. All Apps in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    All Apps in Start Menu: Hi. My computer received what appears to be a large Windows 10 update (many of my settings seemed to have defaulted back). One setting that puzzles me is that when I launch the Start Menu, the "All Apps" menu is expanded instead of the one I had (see the picture below). I...
  9. All Apps on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    All Apps on Start Menu: I gotta question. It's not a big deal, but I'm kinda anal. The all apps button on the left edge of the start menu: on my menu it's up at the top of the menu. On every picture I've ever seen, the all apps button is at the bottom left of the menu right above the Start...
  10. Start Menu default showing all apps?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu default showing all apps?: I recently installed windows 10 on an old notebook and for some reason the start menu looks like this: [img] I don't want it to show the alphabetical list of all the apps by default. On all my other computers the start menu looks more like this one....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 1903 cant see start menu

2. start menu not showing all apps after windos 1903 upgrade

3. where did my start menu and apps go after windows 1903 update

4. installed program doesnt show in start menu 1903,
  5. ms-resource:appname/text