Windows 10: Start menu not showing applications after searching

Discus and support Start menu not showing applications after searching in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I have been facing this issue since a couple of days now, where when I go to the search bar in the start menu and type an app name, say for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AniketAgarwal21, Feb 1, 2022.

1. Start menu not showing applications after searching

Hello,I have been facing this issue since a couple of days now, where when I go to the search bar in the start menu and type an app name, say for example "discord", I don't see the application on my system which I have, but the browser results and other things which are not required. I have tried various things to resolve the issue but failed every time. I think that this issue occurred due to a third party software named "EasyUs" which advised me to clean up my machine and it deleted some temp files from the C: Drive which I believe is the folder for the search menu.Also as additional informa

:)

AniketAgarwal21, Feb 1, 2022
  2. EziaN Win User

Start menu search not finding applications?

I do.

Start menu not showing applications after searching [​IMG]

As you can see Outlook 2013 does not show up under "O" in all apps.

EziaN, Feb 1, 2022
  3. Start menu search not finding applications?

Do you have "All apps" listed after you click on the start button ?

Then a list of apps ?

COMPUTIAC Guest, Feb 1, 2022
  4. Yvonne Win User

Start menu not showing applications after searching

Applications still showing on Start menu after powershell deletion

Hi,

I've used powershell to remove some apps (like Xbox games).

On one account, it cleaned up the start menu just fine.

Second account, they were showing on the start menu, so I ran powershell again and verified everything was gone that I wanted, but Xbox is still showing on the menu list. *Not* as a tile, but in the "All Apps" list. I have also tried looking at the Start Menu in File Explorer for that User and can not see the App listed.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Yvonne, Feb 1, 2022
Thema:

Start menu not showing applications after searching

1. Start menu not showing applications after searching - Similar Threads - Start menu showing

2. Start menu not showing applications after searching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu not showing applications after searching: Hello,I have been facing this issue since a couple of days now, where when I go to the search bar in the start menu and type an app name, say for example "discord", I don't see the application on my system which I have, but the browser results and other things which are not...
  3. Start menu not showing applications after searching

in Cortana
    Start menu not showing applications after searching: Hello,I have been facing this issue since a couple of days now, where when I go to the search bar in the start menu and type an app name, say for example "discord", I don't see the application on my system which I have, but the browser results and other things which are not...
  4. Start Menu Search Results for Applications are Out of Date

in Cortana
    Start Menu Search Results for Applications are Out of Date: When I attempt to search for newly installed programs via the start menu search, they do not appear. Uninstalled programs will also still show in the results after having been removed. I have tried restarting the windows search service, restarting windows explorer,...
  5. Start menu shows web searches first.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu shows web searches first.: [ATTACH] So I have a habit to start everything from the start menu. Recently I always have to press down arrow key after I type something, since if I press only enter, it opens the browser in bing search bar. Any way to fix this? submitted by /u/thefinalcutbg [link]...
  6. Start Menu not showing search results for documents

in Cortana
    Start Menu not showing search results for documents: Whenever I search for a document using the Start Menu, there are no search results. Apps show up fine. If I actually go into Explorer and search in a storage device's directory, it will show. But just never in the Start Menu. It's really irritating. Why is this? I rebuilt...
  7. Start menu search can't find some applications

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu search can't find some applications: I am unable to search for some applications on my new laptop. I have tried rebuilding the index and restarting twice now with these options: [img] For example, both Chrome and Firefox are installed and have icons in the start menu, both show up under "Most Used" and both...
  8. Applications still showing on Start menu after powershell deletion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Applications still showing on Start menu after powershell deletion: Hi, I've used powershell to remove some apps (like Xbox games). On one account, it cleaned up the start menu just fine. Second account, they were showing on the start menu, so I ran powershell again and verified everything was gone that I wanted, but Xbox is still...
  9. Start menu search not finding applications?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu search not finding applications?: Hi, I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. However once i install programs like Office 2013 i can't find the application exe files by searching in the start menu. If i search for outlook or word in the start menu nothing shows up, this was not an issue in...
  10. Start menu search not showing partial matches

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu search not showing partial matches: Hi. I have windows 10 home x64 in my desktop. My laptop has the also windows 10 home x64 and displays correctly the start menu search partial matches for words that i search. The desktop won't do that. For example i search in the laptop "word" and it show's me the Microsoft...