Windows 10: Start Menu not showing until taskbar hides. Am I the only one?

Discus and support Start Menu not showing until taskbar hides. Am I the only one? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Well the issue is pretty straight forward. I have enabled the "AUTO HIDE TASKBAR THINGY" on my notebook. But, when I use the mouse cursor to click on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Luca_BGD, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Luca_BGD Win User

Start Menu not showing until taskbar hides. Am I the only one?

Well the issue is pretty straight forward. I have enabled the "AUTO HIDE TASKBAR THINGY" on my notebook. But, when I use the mouse cursor to click on the Start Menu button on the taskbar (the Windows Logo) For some reason it waits for the taskbar to hide before showing the actual Start Menu.

Pressing the Windows Keyboard Shortcut works just fine.

Video.

:)

Luca_BGD, Jun 12, 2019

2. Taskbar hides and shows itself after opening start menu.

Steps:

1. Using HDMI for a second monitor.
    2. Open start menu using the icon.
    3. Close start menu using the icon.
    4. Click anywhere other than the task bars. (e.g. an open window, the desktop, even the first monitor's desktop)
    5. Taskbar on second monitor slides down to be hidden.
    6. Taskbar then immediately slides up to reappear.

If after closing the start menu (step 3), you click on the taskbar, then click outside the taskbar, this behavior does not occur.

Performing the steps on the main monitor's taskbar does not produce this behavior.

This has been happening for as long as I can remember using this laptop (~3years), with different nVidia drivers and Windows 10 updates.

Dreaming Void, Jun 12, 2019
  3. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Jun 12, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

dalchina, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Start Menu not showing until taskbar hides. Am I the only one? - Similar Threads - Start Menu showing

2. I am trying to hide the name of applications in my taskbar but it only works for one...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to hide the name of applications in my taskbar but it only works for one...: This keeps happening on my main monitor. I tried to bring up the taskbar properties menu but whenever I tried to get to it through the control panel it would just take me to the taskbar settings nor does properties pop up when I right-click . My second monitor is fine...
  3. I am trying to hide the name of applications in my taskbar but it only works for one...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am trying to hide the name of applications in my taskbar but it only works for one...: This keeps happening on my main monitor. I tried to bring up the taskbar properties menu but whenever I tried to get to it through the control panel it would just take me to the taskbar settings nor does properties pop up when I right-click . My second monitor is fine...
  4. I am trying to hide the name of applications in my taskbar but it only works for one...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Start Menu: showsd a slide show of photos. I only want one

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu: showsd a slide show of photos. I only want one: How do I change the start menu slide show to only one photo? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-showsd-a-slide-show-of-photos-i-only/96f09d61-2ba6-4b65-a0f2-8e27a897f133
  6. Desktop, Taskbar and Start Menu not showing.

Desktop, Taskbar and Start Menu not showing.: The Desktop, Taskbar, Start Menu and Windows Key (Command) aren't showing up or working, not even on Safe Mode. I am using Windows 10 on a MacBook Pro 9. Bootcamp wasn't working properly before, so I restored it with the latest drivers and reset PRAM, which got it working...
  7. Query on Start menu showing up while taskbar is set to hide automatically.

Query on Start menu showing up while taskbar is set to hide automatically.: Well the issue is pretty straight forward. I have enabled the "AUTO HIDE TASKBAR THINGY" on my notebook. But, when I use the mouse cursor to click on the Start Menu button on the taskbar (the Windows Logo) For some reason it waits for the taskbar to hide before showing the...
  8. Start Menu shows slow and lag when enabled Taskbar Auto Hide.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start Menu shows slow and lag when enabled Taskbar Auto Hide.: Hi, the latest Windows 10 Update (Release 1903) makes Start Menu shows laggy no matter I click the Windows key on the keyboard or click start menu button using the mouse. The issue only occurred when Taskbar is set to "Auto Hide in Computer Mode". If I disable autohide of...
  9. Taskbar hides and shows itself after opening start menu.

Taskbar hides and shows itself after opening start menu.: Steps: Using HDMI for a second monitor. Open start menu using the icon. Close start menu using the icon. Click anywhere other than the task bars. (e.g. an open window, the desktop, even the first monitor's desktop) Taskbar on second monitor slides down to be hidden....
  10. Start menu is shy; it's hiding behind the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu is shy; it's hiding behind the taskbar: Hi. Today, out of the blue, my start menu has started to hide behind the taskbar. It's rather annoying, as the area you type in is obscured by the taskbar now so I cannot see what is being typed: [img] I rebooted, no dice. Unlocked/relocked the taskbar, no dice. Moved...