Windows 10: Start menu not working after Windows update

Discus and support Start menu not working after Windows update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Okay, I know this issue has existed already but my Start menu stopped working after last night's update. My apps for work (Slack, Zoom) and Chrome are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/moralcyanide, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Start menu not working after Windows update

Okay, I know this issue has existed already but my Start menu stopped working after last night's update. My apps for work (Slack, Zoom) and Chrome are fine but I couldn't view the volume icons as well and everything in the task bar. I also got an error message when I attempt to visit the Personalization setting. Search feature on the File Explorer is disabled, too.

I've tried everything suggested online: Powershell, scannow config, restart Windows Explorer but nothing worked.

I started panicking thinking my laptop decides to retire early, but my boyfriend told me it's from Windows 10 end. He suggested I should wait it out instead. Any other ideas?

submitted by /u/moralcyanide
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/moralcyanide, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

Start menu not working after Windows update

1. Start menu not working after Windows update - Similar Threads - Start menu working

2. Windows Start Menu and settings not working after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Start Menu and settings not working after update: So yesterday after a BSOD error my pc restarted and it aumatically updated, the problem is my settings and start up menu seem to have been deleted. How can I fix this issue without having to delete everything from my computer? I'd like to keep files and installed applications...
  3. Windows Start Menu and settings not working after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Start Menu and settings not working after update: So yesterday after a BSOD error my pc restarted and it aumatically updated, the problem is my settings and start up menu seem to have been deleted. How can I fix this issue without having to delete everything from my computer? I'd like to keep files and installed applications...
  4. Windows Start Menu and settings not working after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Start menu not working after installing windows update.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu not working after installing windows update.: Start menu button on the taskbar and the physical button on my keyboard became unresponsive after installing the Cumulative update for Windows 10 build 2004 - KB4579311 OS Build 19041.572. After pressing the start menu a button a loading icon appears and nothing happens. What...
  6. Start menu not working after last update

Start menu not working after last update: I have Windows 10 and after the last forced update I cannot access my start menu. The key at the bottom left of my screen does nothing when clicked, quick access on my keyboard also gets no response. I have run several cleanup tasks including an sfc through powershell and...
  7. Start menu not working after Windows 10 2004 update

Start menu not working after Windows 10 2004 update: I can't get programs to run via start menu after Windows 10 2004 update. I can hover over them and select them but then my screen flashes a couple of times and nothing happens....
  8. Start Menu Not Working In Windows 10 after recent update

Start Menu Not Working In Windows 10 after recent update: After a recent update for Windows 10, my start menu button is showing an error. The search function to the right of it isn't working either. Also my settings aren't working. Can anyone assist? This is the error I get. [ATTACH]...
  9. Start Menu Not Working After Reinstall

Start Menu Not Working After Reinstall: I'm trying to get my Surface Pro 6 working correctly after a reinstall of Windows 10. Edge browser does not function; it opens for about 3 seconds then shuts down. Start menu button does not function; cannot reach settings at all. I have tried the following steps: restart...
  10. Start Up menu is not working after update

Start Up menu is not working after update: I tried updating to Windows 10 version 1903 and it wasn't successful. It said the error was "Potential Database error detected." The other day, my notebook wasn't able to shutdown properly because the battery got drained. I didn't know if it was updating or what but when I...