Windows 10: Start menu not working and search bar is very small

Discus and support Start menu not working and search bar is very small in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So when i click on my start menu, it doesnt show anything and when i click my search bar its smaller than the normal size [ATTACH] I tried alot of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by YD_120, Dec 28, 2020.

1. YD_120 Win User

Start menu not working and search bar is very small

So when i click on my start menu, it doesnt show anything and when i click my search bar its smaller than the normal size
    Start menu not working and search bar is very small fb85f907-b76f-48f0-974f-512e2ac709d2?upload=true.jpg

I tried alot of things but nothing did work, maybe some suggestions?

:)

YD_120, Dec 28, 2020

2. Start Menu Search not working

Hi Dev,

I followed the above step, did not work for me. Searching in start menu is very slow. Please suggest appropriate solution.

Regards,

Bhavesh

BhaveshKirange, Dec 28, 2020
  3. Issues with accessing apps throuhg Start Menu and Search bar on windows10.

Hi Indrik,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if some system files is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Are you getting any error message when you click on Start Menu?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in Microsoft Help Article about Start menu issues and also try to start Windows Search service. Check if it helps.

Step 1: I recommend you to refer to the suggestion provided in the Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana:

Fix problems with the Start menu

Step 2: I suggest you to try to start Windows Search services
    and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Type "services.msc" without the quotes and click on it.

3. Search for Windows Search.

4. Double click on it and under Startup type, select
    Automatic.

5. Then click on Start button.

Note: If you are not able to change the Startup type, then continue starting the service by clicking on Start button.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with using Start Menu and search bar, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Dec 28, 2020
  4. Start menu not working and search bar is very small

Small tiles sometimes being half of its original size

Hi Purnen,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

I suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Resize the app.

• Open the Start menu.

• Right click on the icons (which are appearing small on your start menu) and click on Resize.

• Select the option like small/medium/large/wide which you like. (Resize options vary from the app to app)

Step 2: If the particular app is missing/not there on Start menu.

• Open the Start menu, type the app name in the search bar.

• Once you see the pap name on the search bar, right click on it and click on Pin to start if the app is not there on Start menu. (you may click on Pin to taskbar also if you wish to pin the app to taskbar)

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Dec 28, 2020
Thema:

Start menu not working and search bar is very small

1. Start menu not working and search bar is very small - Similar Threads - Start menu working

2. Start Menu and Windows Search bar not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu and Windows Search bar not working: My Start Menu and Windows Search bar are not opening up on my Windows 11 HP laptop. I have already tried resetting the device, checking for updates, restarting Windows Explorer, and updating the driver. Unfortunately, nothing seems to work. Please help me with this problem....
  3. My search bar and start menu not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My search bar and start menu not working.: My Search and Start Menu not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-search-bar-and-start-menu-not-working/145bb92f-194e-48b4-8cf1-bb8560e32f9e
  4. My search bar and start menu not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My search bar and start menu not working.: My Search and Start Menu not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-search-bar-and-start-menu-not-working/145bb92f-194e-48b4-8cf1-bb8560e32f9e
  5. My search bar and start menu not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Settings and search bar of start menu not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings and search bar of start menu not working.: I was facing some issues with the latest Windows 10 KB5014699. So I uninstalled that version. Now, when I try to open settings it just briefly flashes and disappears. And my windows search bar also not working....
  7. Settings and search bar of start menu not working.

Settings and search bar of start menu not working.: I was facing some issues with the latest Windows 10 KB5014699. So I uninstalled that version. Now, when I try to open settings it just briefly flashes and disappears. And my windows search bar also not working....
  8. start menu search bar not working

start menu search bar not working: Whenever I click on Start or press the Windows key the start menu won't open. Also, I can't use my search bar. Another problem is that most of my programs that I have installed won't open. For example, whenever I click on Word, Excel, or any app it just keep reloading and...
  9. Start menu and search bar not working

Start menu and search bar not working: When I click on start menu or search bar nothing happen's, this is the same when I try to use the windows button to open the start menu but it works for other things such as windows + L to lock the screen. This the same across all account's on my computer even if I create new...
  10. Windows start menu and search bar not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows start menu and search bar not working: Yesterday I updated a pc to windows 10 version 1909 and applied all the recent updates. After this, when I tried to open the start menu or use the search bar nothing would work. Even the windows key did nothing. Not knowing if this was a standalone fault I updated another pc...