Windows 10: Start menu not working at all

Discus and support Start menu not working at all in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So, I have finally got windows 10 installed and working when the start menu stops working. This would not be an issue because I installed windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dstark, Aug 8, 2015.

1. dstark Win User

Start menu not working at all

So, I have finally got windows 10 installed and working when the start menu stops working. This would not be an issue because I installed windows classic shell right after except for the fact that I can't right click anything in the taskbar. I can right click the taskbar itself but not anything pinned there or currently opened.

I can't select my wifi connection except by going into the network and sharing center. to change the volume I need to right click the volume and open volume mixer.

I can't figure out what happened and when I boot from the install usb I created won't let me refresh the PC. It says that option is not available or something to that effect. If I could, I would like to just do a refresh and see if that fixes it but I can't figure out how.

Also when I go to taskbar and start menu properties it has three tabs: taskbar, navigation and toolbars. It does not have a start menu tab.

:)

dstark, Aug 8, 2015

2. My start menu icons aren't showing up properly!

I have same problem, the start menu is not working. when you click it , nothing happened. Microsoft edge and store icon are missing on the taskbar.

start menu not working, Aug 8, 2015
  3. SidPen Win User
    Taskbar, start menu not working at all

Hi. I just upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1 and everything was fine for the first few days. Then the laptop updated and since then the taskbar, and start menu button are not working at all. I can't access anything on the taskbar at all. When I open an application
    from the desktop it is not showing up on the taskbar. I have to access them using Alt+Tab. I tried the Powershell methods but that did not work. Even the icons in the tray at the right bottom are all gone except the action center and ELAN pointing device.
    Please help with this.

SidPen, Aug 8, 2015
Thema:

Start menu not working at all

1. Start menu not working at all - Similar Threads - Start menu working

2. Start menu transparency not working at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu transparency not working at all: My start menu transparency isn't workingBelow is my taskbar, which is translucent as it should be.I messed around with Windows colors and themes in the registry editor before noticing my start menu transparency isn't working. I reset Windows theme to the default blue black...
  3. Start menu transparency not working at all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu transparency not working at all: My start menu transparency isn't workingBelow is my taskbar, which is translucent as it should be.I messed around with Windows colors and themes in the registry editor before noticing my start menu transparency isn't working. I reset Windows theme to the default blue black...
  4. Start menu transparency not working at all

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Start Menu Transparency is not working at all

Start Menu Transparency is not working at all: For some reason when I enable transparency effects the start menu doesn't get effected unless it's full screenNeed help with this cause I want to match it with my taskbar...
  6. Start Menu is Not Working at all 12-16-18

Start Menu is Not Working at all 12-16-18: The START menu is not showing up at all. Nothing happens when you hit the WINDOWS START button either with the mouse on the screen or the keyboard WINDOWS button. THIS IS WHAT I HAVE DONE. 1. Everything is up to date. Windows is fully updated. 2. I checked the tablet...
  7. It all started with the Start Menu problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    It all started with the Start Menu problem: It all started with the start menu not opening up. I tried a couple things, but I had to create another user for myself. The problem now its giving my the oops something went wrong error when prompted for my local password when trying to switch from a local to the Microsoft...
  8. All apps in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    All apps in start menu: So I just installed the anniversary update and it changed the start menu so it is now showing "All apps", I have browsed the settings but can't seem to figure out how to turn this off... I want to turn off the list that appears to the left that is showing all the crap...
  9. All Apps in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    All Apps in Start Menu: Hi. My computer received what appears to be a large Windows 10 update (many of my settings seemed to have defaulted back). One setting that puzzles me is that when I launch the Start Menu, the "All Apps" menu is expanded instead of the one I had (see the picture below). I...
  10. All Apps on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    All Apps on Start Menu: I gotta question. It's not a big deal, but I'm kinda anal. The all apps button on the left edge of the start menu: on my menu it's up at the top of the menu. On every picture I've ever seen, the all apps button is at the bottom left of the menu right above the Start...