Start menu, Notifications and Apps stopped working.

Discus and support Start menu, Notifications and Apps stopped working. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So yesterday I was just watching some videos on youtube and then the screen flashed for a second and started everything started acting up. I restarted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by drew024, May 9, 2015.

1. drew024 Win User

So yesterday I was just watching some videos on youtube and then the screen flashed for a second and started everything started acting up. I restarted my computer and since then, the start menu, notifications and all apps like the xbox app and store app no longer work. I did Recovery hoping it would fix everything but didn't. What can i do?

:)

drew024, May 9, 2015
  2. Matthew Lewis Win User

Start Menu and Notifications Stopped Working on Windows 10.

No, issue has not been successfully addressed. I have a partial start menu that does not respond. The fixes put forward have no effect. I believe it has to do with the ntuser.dat file and I have yet to see Microsoft provide a fix. One gentlemen described
    a complicated way to fix it, but stop short of endorsing because he was waiting for Microsoft to respond with an official answer that provides a more user friendly approach.

Matthew Lewis, May 9, 2015
  3. Wungraileng Vashi Win User
    Start Menu and Notifications Stopped Working on Windows 10.

Hi Paul,

I understand the inconvenience caused.

I would suggest you to perform a repair upgrade and check if it helps. Repair upgrade is done when the operating system starts causing different issues. This will not remove or delete your personal files. To perform repair upgrade, follow the instructions
    given by Andre Da Costa on How to: perform a repair upgrade using the Windows
    10 ISO file

Note : Choose the option to "keep all files".

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, May 9, 2015
  4. Boozad Win User

The only way I've found around issues like these is to perform a clean install of the latest build.

Boozad, May 9, 2015
  5. Imjinman Win User
    Same here- but I use Stardock Start10 menu which works fine and soooo much better (ie the same as Win7). Why Microsoft changed it I don't know. But I still can't get Search and Action Centre like you :-(

Imjinman, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Start menu, Notifications and Apps stopped working. - Similar Threads - Start menu Notifications

2. Xbox one WIRED controller does not work on PC,Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox one WIRED controller does not work on PC,Windows 10: Very simple problem with no solution, My Xbox one wired (not wireless) controller does not work and has not worked for a week. I tried 3 different controllers on 2 different PC's both windows 10 with functioning USB ports and I have used data sync cables (at least 2) with no...
  3. Problems with Windows10 Photos App: 1) all pictures go to 1 file instead of files indexed...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with Windows10 Photos App: 1) all pictures go to 1 file instead of files indexed...: I try to import photos from my iphone 8 to my Dell laptop with Windows10, both running with up to date versions of their software. I connect iphone to the PC with a USB cable. Photos app came with the laptop. I read most of the answers from the community but they didn't solve...
  4. Start Screen Issues (Windows 10 v1803)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Screen Issues (Windows 10 v1803): I recently acquired a new work laptop running Windows 10 v1803. I have elected an image from my Pictures folder to be used as my lock screen image. I also have "Show lock screen background picture in the sign-in screen" selected. However, every time I turn on my PC I was met...
  5. In Windows 10, I am not able to uninstall a program using the Settings App utility. Is...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    In Windows 10, I am not able to uninstall a program using the Settings App utility. Is...: In Windows 10, I am not able to uninstall a program using the App Settings utility. Is there another way? I believe that I had inadvertently deleted a file from the Programs (x86) folder for that program. When I try to uninstall the program using the settings utility, I...
  6. windows 10 mail app

windows 10 mail app: My windows mail app does not open any links https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/windows-10-mail-app/07ef5d8a-a07f-4cfd-b930-3ff5cbf33e41
  7. retrieving / recovering apps. removed while pc resets.

retrieving / recovering apps. removed while pc resets.: Reviewed information on subject posted and seems easy enough to reinstall app. however, in particular how do I access the data that was saved to any particular app. ie have several years tax files. Worst comes to worst can I reset to a date prior to this episode?...
  8. Mobile hotspot for windows 10 not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mobile hotspot for windows 10 not working: When I tried to use the mobile hotspot function on my windows 10 laptop, the devices connected to the hotspot said "wifi doesn't have a vaid IP configuration". The computer gets its own wifi through an ethernet cable. I have tried reinstalling drivers on both devices(the...
  9. Starting computer for first time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Starting computer for first time: Bought a Dell Inspiron 13 5000 series 2 with Windows 10. Right out of the box, Cortana led me through selecting a country and even getting connected to my wifi. Then she said, we are going to check for updates - found updates - downloading updates - restarting computer....
  10. Sony MDR 1000x not working after (~August 14th Windows 10 Update)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sony MDR 1000x not working after (~August 14th Windows 10 Update): I've already re-paired my cans several times, they will pair but not connect. When I turn on the headphones I get the "Power On" message but I never receive the "Bluetooth Connected" prompt. No audio from headphones and the device doesn't show up under the new crummy...