Start menu, Notifications and Apps stopped working.

Discus and support Start menu, Notifications and Apps stopped working. in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; So yesterday I was just watching some videos on youtube and then the screen flashed for a second and started everything started acting up. I restarted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by drew024, May 10, 2015.

1. drew024 Win User

So yesterday I was just watching some videos on youtube and then the screen flashed for a second and started everything started acting up. I restarted my computer and since then, the start menu, notifications and all apps like the xbox app and store app no longer work. I did Recovery hoping it would fix everything but didn't. What can i do?

:)

drew024, May 10, 2015
  2. Matthew Lewis Win User

Start Menu and Notifications Stopped Working on Windows 10.

No, issue has not been successfully addressed. I have a partial start menu that does not respond. The fixes put forward have no effect. I believe it has to do with the ntuser.dat file and I have yet to see Microsoft provide a fix. One gentlemen described
    a complicated way to fix it, but stop short of endorsing because he was waiting for Microsoft to respond with an official answer that provides a more user friendly approach.

Matthew Lewis, May 10, 2015
  3. Wungraileng Vashi Win User
    Start Menu and Notifications Stopped Working on Windows 10.

Hi Paul,

I understand the inconvenience caused.

I would suggest you to perform a repair upgrade and check if it helps. Repair upgrade is done when the operating system starts causing different issues. This will not remove or delete your personal files. To perform repair upgrade, follow the instructions
    given by Andre Da Costa on How to: perform a repair upgrade using the Windows
    10 ISO file

Note : Choose the option to "keep all files".

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, May 10, 2015
  4. Boozad Win User

The only way I've found around issues like these is to perform a clean install of the latest build.

Boozad, May 10, 2015
  5. Imjinman Win User
    Same here- but I use Stardock Start10 menu which works fine and soooo much better (ie the same as Win7). Why Microsoft changed it I don't know. But I still can't get Search and Action Centre like you :-(

Imjinman, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Start menu, Notifications and Apps stopped working. - Similar Threads - Start menu Notifications

1. Increase system font in start menu, notification area, etc.?

in Windows 10 Support
    Increase system font in start menu, notification area, etc.?: I have a small 11.6 tablet with full HD (1920:1080) resolution. The "system" font, like in the start menu, notification area, apps (Mail), etc., is ridiculously tiny, even on a 150% (recommended) scaling. I have to set scaling to 200%, to get a comfortable size, but this...
  2. Windows 10 boot/login slow and no start menu and notifications

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 boot/login slow and no start menu and notifications: Hey, when i turn on my computer, and type in my account password, i wait a minute to log in, but i have a ssd, and 3 days ago it took only a few seconds. Also, after i type in my password, i hear Windows 10 error chime every minute or two, until i turn off my pc. And when i...
  3. Start Menu, Notifications, Edge not opening since latest update

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu, Notifications, Edge not opening since latest update: Hi all, I'm brand spanking new to this forum, so if this issue has already been posted by someone else, I apologize. Since the most recent update/update attempt (either 10/4/16 or 10/5/16, not sure which day), I can no longer open Start Menu, Notifications, Edge, Windows...
  4. Loss of Edge, Calculator, Notifications, Maps and now the Start Menu.

in Windows 10 Support
    Loss of Edge, Calculator, Notifications, Maps and now the Start Menu.: This morning ( 2016-05-12), I lost Edge while busy posting a comment on this forum, next was calculator, disappeared from my system, then Maps, and then when I tried to see what was going on, the "start menu" also disappeared on me!. At the same time, I now see I can't...
  5. No Start Menu/Page-- No Cortana-- No Notifications-- Out of Patience!

in Windows 10 Support
    No Start Menu/Page-- No Cortana-- No Notifications-- Out of Patience!: Following search results, I have tried the "scannow" and 'reinstall all Windows apps' suggestions. Scannow found no errors, and reinstalling Windows apps did nothing to help. When I click on the Start button (that usually brings up the Programs Menu, I get the little twirling...
  6. Surface 4 start menu and notification area stop working

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface 4 start menu and notification area stop working: Hello! I got a new surface4. After debugging and re-installationtion i can't find out of the problem. After a day or 2 everything stop working. Start menu system settings and everything i need. It's a really clean install windows 10 enterprise, office 2016. Just to keep...
  7. Start menu, settings and notification area won't open.

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu, settings and notification area won't open.: When I click on the start button, nothing happens. It highlights when I hover over it, but doesn't react to being clicked. The same is true for the notification area. I can right click on the start button and it provides the normal options. Again the same is true of the...
Start menu, Notifications and Apps stopped working. solved