Windows 10: Start menu, Notifications and Apps stopped working.

Discus and support Start menu, Notifications and Apps stopped working. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So yesterday I was just watching some videos on youtube and then the screen flashed for a second and started everything started acting up. I restarted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by drew024, May 9, 2015.

1. drew024 Win User

Start menu, Notifications and Apps stopped working.

So yesterday I was just watching some videos on youtube and then the screen flashed for a second and started everything started acting up. I restarted my computer and since then, the start menu, notifications and all apps like the xbox app and store app no longer work. I did Recovery hoping it would fix everything but didn't. What can i do?

:)

drew024, May 9, 2015

2. Start Menu and Notifications Stopped Working on Windows 10.

No, issue has not been successfully addressed. I have a partial start menu that does not respond. The fixes put forward have no effect. I believe it has to do with the ntuser.dat file and I have yet to see Microsoft provide a fix. One gentlemen described
    a complicated way to fix it, but stop short of endorsing because he was waiting for Microsoft to respond with an official answer that provides a more user friendly approach.

Matthew Lewis, May 9, 2015
  3. Start Menu and Notifications Stopped Working on Windows 10.

Hi Paul,

I understand the inconvenience caused.

I would suggest you to perform a repair upgrade and check if it helps. Repair upgrade is done when the operating system starts causing different issues. This will not remove or delete your personal files. To perform repair upgrade, follow the instructions
    given by Andre Da Costa on How to: perform a repair upgrade using the Windows
    10 ISO file

Note : Choose the option to "keep all files".

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, May 9, 2015
  4. Boozad Win User

The only way I've found around issues like these is to perform a clean install of the latest build.

Boozad, May 9, 2015
  5. Imjinman Win User
    Same here- but I use Stardock Start10 menu which works fine and soooo much better (ie the same as Win7). Why Microsoft changed it I don't know. But I still can't get Search and Action Centre like you :-(

Imjinman, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Start menu, Notifications and Apps stopped working. - Similar Threads - Start menu Notifications

2. Start menu apps not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu apps not work: When I click application in start menu it will not work. It does not even load at all but the applications are working when I click it on the taskbar. Not all of my application is pinned on the taskbar so I need to open start menu to get some icons but I cant open it there....
  3. Start menu apps not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu apps not work: When I click application in start menu it will not work. It does not even load at all but the applications are working when I click it on the taskbar. Not all of my application is pinned on the taskbar so I need to open start menu to get some icons but I cant open it there....
  4. Start menu apps not work

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Setting, start menu, notification center, search menu not working

Setting, start menu, notification center, search menu not working: Hello, after recent updates from Windows, I've found a lot of problems. I can't access the start menu, search menu, action center, task bar, as well as setting. When I try to use the keyboard shortcut to open the settings, it said something along the line like 'Class Not...
  6. Windows 10 start menu and notifications not working

Windows 10 start menu and notifications not working: WIndows 10 start menu and notifications menu not working when I left click on them. also some apps in my task bar begin to open and then immediately close when I try to open them. I have only had this problem for about a day. How should I go about fixing this issue?...
  7. Start menu stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu stopped working: The Startmenu stopped loading at startup and/or when depressing window. It use to work fine. New updates are messing up and resetting many of my settings. 82721
  8. Start Menu stops working?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu stops working?: Been happening alot lately I can't open my start menu it just stops working. Only a restart or log off works. Any ideas? 24315
  9. Start Menu , Search and Notifications not work

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu , Search and Notifications not work: Hello , suddenly my start menu , search and notifications not work. Even if i click on it it dont opens. I did this solution with this copy pasta at PowerShell but dont works : Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...
  10. Surface 4 start menu and notification area stop working

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface 4 start menu and notification area stop working: Hello! I got a new surface4. After debugging and re-installationtion i can't find out of the problem. After a day or 2 everything stop working. Start menu system settings and everything i need. It's a really clean install windows 10 enterprise, office 2016. Just to keep...