Windows 10: Start menu on strike

Discus and support Start menu on strike in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; What has not been bugged up yet? The start menu? Since today it is. Does not work any more. As always I have tried the standard suggestions - and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BaltaisGulbis, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Start menu on strike

What has not been bugged up yet? The start menu? Since today it is. Does not work any more.

As always I have tried the standard suggestions - and they are, as expected, useless - and I am not going to reset my PC. The PCs are meant for using, not for resetting, then running into another bug, then resetting again.

:)

BaltaisGulbis, Jan 1, 2020

2. Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Jan 1, 2020
  3. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Jan 1, 2020
  4. Start menu on strike

Start menu not working

I found the following article, ran the suggested powershell command and my start menu is working again. Here it is as I found it:
    Go to Start menu button and right click on it. This will open the contextual menu, after which you need to select Command Prompt (Admin). Once Command Prompt is open, go ahead with the following steps.

• Type and enter: Powershell
    • Type the following: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Don Donadio, Jan 1, 2020
Thema:

Start menu on strike

1. Start menu on strike - Similar Threads - Start menu strike

2. COBALT STRIKE BEACON!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    COBALT STRIKE BEACON!!!!: Recibi un CORREO, que dice:Greetings! I have to share bad news with you. Approximately a few months ago, I gained access to your devices, which you use for internet browsing. After that, I have started tracking your internet activities. Here is the sequence of events:Some...
  3. Ctrl+D on strike

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ctrl+D on strike: For about a month on my Windows 10 Ctrl+D fails to do anything. I haven't found any other Ctrl+ failure. In the Chrome browser Ctrl+D records a tab as a bookmark, in Windows 10 it's supposed to Delete, in Excel to copy a cell and in other obscure programmes it has other...
  4. Start Menu No Start

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start Menu No Start: When I select my Start Menu, I receive a critical error message. I uninstalled the last Windows update but that didn't solve the problem. submitted by /u/HalfFoods [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fq6m3a/start_menu_no_start/
  5. start menu

start menu: Hi...how can i disable this recent item?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu/4619b729-aa89-4db7-b505-e8d3bdb36d3a
  6. Start Menu

Start Menu: Since upgrading to Window 10 build 18898, My start menu has changed. I have the ability to show tiles and a full screen of apps. What I am missing is the left side that shows my apps and you have to scroll to see them all. Also when viewing full tile or full app screen my...
  7. start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu: every time my computer reboots, all of my start menu tiles change to "a great app is on the way" in windows 10
  8. Start Menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Start Menu: How to restore alpha order in docs list https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu/a89ac0d2-0370-4a87-9c8a-53cbe6182708"
  9. Start menu

Start menu: Besides Start10 by Stardock(my Norton av sees this one as malicious) what other options are there? I just do not like the win 10 start menu look. 112780
  10. Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu: All of a sudden the start menu doesn't open when I click on it. That's that square with 4 squares inside the square on the bottom left corner and I can't type in the "Search the web and Windows" box next to it. Also the speaker icon on the right bottom corner won't open too...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rss