Windows 10: Start Menu: One of two menus is missing

Discus and support Start Menu: One of two menus is missing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On the bottom left of the Taskbar, there are two icons: one gives me the task view and is NOT a problem. I am very new to W10 so I'm not sure how the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nisko, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Nisko Win User

Start Menu: One of two menus is missing

On the bottom left of the Taskbar, there are two icons: one gives me the task view and is NOT a problem. I am very new to W10 so I'm not sure how the window icon is supposed to work. If I right click, I get a menu and I understand that. However, if I left click, nothing happens. I suspect I inadvertently changed a setting. I used to get, on the left side of the monitor, when I left clicked, a different menu and some apps that 'looked' like W8. Can someone help me get back to this point please? If I'm not being clear in my explanation, please tell me and I will try to clarify.

:)

Nisko, Dec 18, 2016

2. Programs Missing From Start Menu (Windows 10)

I've just had a similar issue. All of my non standard metro apps disappeared from the Start Menu/All Apps menu. After dragging one of the missing app's exe to the start menu icon all of the missing apps then reappeared. Perhaps this managed to refresh
    the start menu's datastore. Maybe this will help someone!

AndyReeman, Dec 18, 2016
  3. garywi Win User
    Upgraded two computers to Win 10 - Start Menus Different

I upgraded two PCs. One has a start menu that is frustrating, I can't find settings to match the other PC that had great settings by default.

Top left of start menu there is a picture and name of user logged in (this is missing on other PC start menu)

File explorer, Setttings, Power all have the icons and text (other PC, just icons)

Bottom left is icon and menu for All apps (other PC just shows all apps all the time with a scroll bar)

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

garywi, Dec 18, 2016
  4. lifetec Win User

looks a windows systemfile is broken,

SFC
    Use SFC to check and repair windows systemfiles.

See this tutorial SFC /SCANNOW Command - Run in Windows 8
    SFC Command - Run in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Tutorials

lifetec, Dec 18, 2016
Thema:

1. Start Menu: One of two menus is missing - Similar Threads - Start Menu menus

2. Missing start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing start menu: I did the Windows 10 update, the only way the start menu will open is to right click, and classic menu opens. It like my apps are no longer on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-start-menu/d92a6a67-299a-4ce9-8b6f-c446fff2a957
  3. Missing start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing start menu: I did the Windows 10 update, the only way the start menu will open is to right click, and classic menu opens. It like my apps are no longer on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-start-menu/d92a6a67-299a-4ce9-8b6f-c446fff2a957
  4. Icons Missing from Start and File Menus

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons Missing from Start and File Menus: This is a minor gripe, but the icons that were present are no longer there. For example, Alienware icons for the native Dell software don't appear on the start menu. I first noticed this after installing then uninstalling GIMP GUI, an image editing software, which I set as my...
  5. Menus and start menu are constantly scrolling.

Menus and start menu are constantly scrolling.: When I right click on the taskbar or when I try to use the start menu, it continuously scrolls upward, as if the 'up' arrow is being held down. But it doesn't do it on websites or in programs, only in the windows functions. Even if the keyboard is unplugged. It just...
  6. missing start menu

missing start menu: Start menu and taskbar missing from Windows 10 tried task manager, powershell, etc. nothing works, any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/missing-start-menu/dc11fbd5-343b-4ef3-8758-e34d5f8e9b46
  7. Win10 Start Menu cascading menus

Win10 Start Menu cascading menus: Is it possible to have the cascading menus with Win 10 as were in Win7? You put your mouse over a folder and it opens up, I can't find out how to do this with 10. Many thanks 40037
  8. How to change Start menu context menus

How to change Start menu context menus: Does anyone know if there is a way to get rid of the "More" submenu and integrate its options into the main context menu? I believe this style was introduced in the Anniversary Update. Does anyone know why this was done? 72869
  9. Cascading menus in Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Cascading menus in Start menu: Anyone know if I can get back cascading menu in Start menu - so I can access my folders and Word files. I really miss this from Win7. The search isn't good with Win10. I'd prefer to glide to a file from Start Menu, via the Documents folder, instead of having to use a...
  10. One thing I miss is the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    One thing I miss is the start menu: Overall I love Windows 10 however there is one feature that I really miss from the Windows 7 start menu. In the Windows 7 start menu if you had an application visible in the start menu when you hovered over it you would see a list of the recently used documents for that...