Windows 10: Start Menu only showing Microsoft Apps

Discus and support Start Menu only showing Microsoft Apps in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; PC was running slow so I rebooted. Running Windows 10 Home version 1803 although it said it has installed updates in the past few days. When it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dglenn43, Dec 1, 2018.

1. dglenn43 Win User

Start Menu only showing Microsoft Apps

PC was running slow so I rebooted. Running Windows 10 Home version 1803 although it said it has installed updates in the past few days. When it restarted, none of my non-Microsoft applications are listed on the start menu. Does not list MS Office 16 although I own a licensed copy of it (along with Access and Visio).

Is anyone else have this problem? Any solution? Any ideas? I don't really want to reinstall the dozens of MS apps I already have installed (QuickBooks, Quicken, Legacy Family Tree, Norton Antivirus, WD apps, etc.).

:)

dglenn43, Dec 1, 2018
  2. Geethu B Win User

How to show MOST USED apps in Start Menu?

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.
    I will surely help you to fix the issue with Start Menu.

This issue could have occurred due to incorrect Start settings.

I suggest you to try the following steps which will help to show most used apps in Start Menu. Check if it helps.

• Click on Start Button and click on
      Settings.

• Double-click Personalization.

• In the left pane click on Start.

• In the right pane check if the “Show most used apps” slider is
      turned on or not.

• If not move the slider to
      turn it on.

• Now check in Start Menu, if it shows most used apps.
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Dec 1, 2018
  3. Yvonne Win User
    Applications still showing on Start menu after powershell deletion

Hi,

I've used powershell to remove some apps (like Xbox games).

On one account, it cleaned up the start menu just fine.

Second account, they were showing on the start menu, so I ran powershell again and verified everything was gone that I wanted, but Xbox is still showing on the menu list. *Not* as a tile, but in the "All Apps" list. I have also tried looking at the Start Menu in File Explorer for that User and can not see the App listed.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Yvonne, Dec 1, 2018
  4. Start Menu only showing Microsoft Apps

Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

Start Menu only showing Microsoft Apps

1. Start Menu only showing Microsoft Apps - Similar Threads - Start Menu showing

2. start menu search not showing apps installed with Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start menu search not showing apps installed with Microsoft store: when i search in the search bar for apps installed with Microsoft store they don't show upi have tried trouble shooters and it hasn't helped. i have tried re-indexing and it hasn't helped please tell me what i can do...
  3. start menu search not showing apps installed with Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start menu search not showing apps installed with Microsoft store: when i search in the search bar for apps installed with Microsoft store they don't show upi have tried trouble shooters and it hasn't helped. i have tried re-indexing and it hasn't helped please tell me what i can do...
  4. start menu search not showing apps installed with Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Weather tile in start menu shows only Fahrenheit

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weather tile in start menu shows only Fahrenheit: [ATTACH] I didn't notice when it exactly changed, probably few days ago. Switching it in options to Celsius doesn't work for tile (because app normally shows Celsius whole time)....
  6. Start menu/microsoft apps not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu/microsoft apps not working: I have recently built a new pc and installed windows 10 home. Everything went smooth, and I updated all drivers, installed a couple of games and tweaked some files. However each time i do this I am now on reinstall #5 trying to resolve this issue, my start menu just stops...
  7. Start Menu MS Store Apps ONLY, not showing icons? Help Please

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu MS Store Apps ONLY, not showing icons? Help Please: RE: Start Menu Problem MS Store Apps (ONLY), not showing icons? Help Please I have tried. sfc /scannow chkdsk /f DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth DISM.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth re-installing apps in powershell re-registering apps in powershell...
  8. Start Menu MS Store Apps ONLY, not showing icons? Help Please

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu MS Store Apps ONLY, not showing icons? Help Please: RE: Start Menu Problem MS Store Apps (ONLY), not showing icons? Help Please I have tried. sfc /scannow chkdsk /f DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth DISM.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth re-installing apps in powershell re-registering apps in powershell...
  9. Certain apps not showing in Start Menu app list

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Certain apps not showing in Start Menu app list: So, I'm on Windows 10, the latest version, and I have been having one issue. I have certain apps such as Cydia Impactor which doesn't show up in the app list. I can pin it to the start menu but I really want it in the list. This app was originally in the Documents folder...
  10. Start Menu default showing all apps?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu default showing all apps?: I recently installed windows 10 on an old notebook and for some reason the start menu looks like this: [img] I don't want it to show the alphabetical list of all the apps by default. On all my other computers the start menu looks more like this one....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. start menu only showing modern apps