Windows 10: Start menu only works on fullscreen (W10)

Discus and support Start menu only works on fullscreen (W10) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This issue really annoy me as I cannot open the start menu normally as usual. But I can open start menu when I set it to fullscreen I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by M15F1R3™, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Start menu only works on fullscreen (W10)

This issue really annoy me as I cannot open the start menu normally as usual. But I can open start menu when I set it to fullscreen

I don't understand why this happened, and I tried sfc, restart Explorer, Safe Mode, etc. Nothing happen.

:)

M15F1R3™, Sep 14, 2019

2. Start menu only works on fullscreen (W10)

This issue really annoy me as I cannot open the start menu normally as usual. But I can open start menu when I set it to fullscreen

I don't understand why this happened, and I tried sfc, restart Explorer, Safe Mode, etc. Nothing happen.

M15F1R3™, Sep 25, 2019
  3. Start menu not working

I found the following article, ran the suggested powershell command and my start menu is working again. Here it is as I found it:
    Go to Start menu button and right click on it. This will open the contextual menu, after which you need to select Command Prompt (Admin). Once Command Prompt is open, go ahead with the following steps.

• Type and enter: Powershell
    • Type the following: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Don Donadio, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Start menu only works on fullscreen (W10)

Start menu and taskbar not working.

Hi Deva,

Thank you for updating.

I suggest you to refer the link below and follow the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/get-help-windows-start-menu

Hope the Start menu works after performing the steps suggested. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

Start menu only works on fullscreen (W10)

1. Start menu only works on fullscreen (W10) - Similar Threads - Start menu works

2. w10 start menu in w11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    w10 start menu in w11: Is there any way that I can get start menu like w10 in w11 now? Not Start11 or StartAllBack, those apps only mess up things. It's been quite a while I run onto w11, but still, I am missing the start menu in w10 every day. Mainly because all my program folders are directly...
  3. w10 start menu in w11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    w10 start menu in w11: Is there any way that I can get start menu like w10 in w11 now? Not Start11 or StartAllBack, those apps only mess up things. It's been quite a while I run onto w11, but still, I am missing the start menu in w10 every day. Mainly because all my program folders are directly...
  4. Start Menu Fullscreen color is grey

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start Menu Fullscreen color is grey: [ATTACH] I updated my PC overnight and woke up to my start menu being greyI restarted, still grey. I Changed between light and dark themes then applied my color again, still greyDark is too dark and light is too light both are equally hard on my eyes which is the whole...
  5. Start Menu only works while on RDP

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu only works while on RDP: We have an issue on multiple Windows 10 physical desktops, where the Start Menu is blank when you log in locally, but Start Menu and everything else seems normal when logging into the desktop via RDP. Desktop has latest September 2020 patches. I have run sfc /scannow...
  6. 20H2 FullScreen Start Menu Transparency

20H2 FullScreen Start Menu Transparency: Greetings I just installed the 20H2 Test version of Win10 mainly for the Start Menu now having transparent tiles similar to how they were on W10M but alas I can't really enjoy it because of the "lack" of transparency for everything that is NOT a tile. I can't even...
  7. Fullscreen Start Menu Wallpaper Alignment

Fullscreen Start Menu Wallpaper Alignment: The wallpaper inconsistently mis-aligns to the screen in the fullscreen start menu. It is aligned properly outside of the menu. I've tried: - toggling transparency effects off & back on - changing the wallpaper - disconnecting & reconnecting the laptop from the hub -...
  8. Problem in the start menu on W10

Problem in the start menu on W10: Hello everyone, I have Windows 10 PRO updated to may update and subsequent patches. In the last few days, an annoying problem is happening to me. When I turn on the PC and enter into Windows, the start menu is not selectable (in the sense that I click on the windows icon...
  9. Start menu not working in w10

Start menu not working in w10: I try to pin apps to the start menu and no allow me, didn't pin the app, please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-not-working-in-w10/9d909121-0385-48d5-ab5a-d3c5de8a1c32
  10. Start Menu only works in safe mode!

in Cortana
    Start Menu only works in safe mode!: Hello, So like 2 weeks ago I downloaded a program called Classic Shell which I thought it was safe, but it ruined my start menu and my PC i managed to fix my PC but not the start menu. When I launch into safe mode the start menu seems to work and most Microsoft settings but...