Windows 10: Start menu opens when I press esc

Discus and support Start menu opens when I press esc in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, my name is Maks and I have a question my problem is, when I click esc opens start menu and I can't change sites on firefox and other weird... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Maksymilian Cegiełka, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Start menu opens when I press esc

Hello, my name is Maks and I have a question
    my problem is, when I click esc opens start menu and I can't change sites on firefox and other weird things, I turned off sticky buttons
    That bug doing at random times and when I restart the computer everything works for 10 min/1,5 day

I think I need to reset computer to fabric settings but I want know what to do in the future

Regards Maks

:)

Maksymilian Cegiełka, Aug 13, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

How do I get a screenshot of start menu?

1. Run snipping tool ( If screen appears grayed out, press ESC, if not continue step 2.)
    2. Click to open the start menu
    3. Hold CTRL and press print Screen. Screen will appear grayed out, ready to capture.

NOTE: This will work with all popup menus ie. Windows Menu, Context menu etc...

topgundcp, Aug 13, 2020
  3. How do I get a screenshot of start menu?

Thanks for this topgundcp as I have used the snipping tool a lot but could never figure how to capture pop up menus.

IownAmoneyPit, Aug 13, 2020
  4. Start menu opens when I press esc

Start Menu opens and closes suddenly

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to make your start menu work and check if it helps.

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type Powershell
    • Type the following 2 commands in the Powershell prompt:
      • $manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifestand press Enter.
      • Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"}and press Enter.
    • Close the Powershell window.
    • Reboot.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further queries, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

Start menu opens when I press esc

1. Start menu opens when I press esc - Similar Threads - Start menu opens

2. how can i disable when press key control + esc then pop up the start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i disable when press key control + esc then pop up the start menu: how can i disable when press key control + esc then pop up the start menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-disable-when-press-key-control-esc-then/9d04125c-188c-40f4-922e-76306e211deb
  3. how can i disable when press key control + esc then pop up the start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i disable when press key control + esc then pop up the start menu: how can i disable when press key control + esc then pop up the start menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-disable-when-press-key-control-esc-then/9d04125c-188c-40f4-922e-76306e211deb
  4. Pressing esc opens start menu & unresponsive keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pressing esc opens start menu & unresponsive keys: Every now and then when I play games on my PC, the esc key would tab out of the game and open the start menu and every other keys would become unresponsive ex: can't type, can't alt + f4 out of programs/games, etc.. When it happens, the problem persists until I reboot my PC....
  5. Pressing esc opens start menu & unresponsive keys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pressing esc opens start menu & unresponsive keys: Every now and then when I play games on my PC, the esc key would tab out of the game and open the start menu and every other keys would become unresponsive ex: can't type, can't alt + f4 out of programs/games, etc.. When it happens, the problem persists until I reboot my PC....
  6. Pressing esc opens start menu & unresponsive keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. My pc asks to press ESC key for startup menu,but evening I press it,it doesn't open. What...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc asks to press ESC key for startup menu,but evening I press it,it doesn't open. What...: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-asks-to-press-esc-key-for-startup-menubut/be6b749e-3533-4f1a-a08d-7e2c7e331fab
  8. When I start my laptop and I press ESC it opens start menu and I can't type anything until...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When I start my laptop and I press ESC it opens start menu and I can't type anything until...: [ATTACH] Everything goes to normal when I press CTRL + ALT + Del and enter task manager submitted by /u/AlexandruP27 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/zc01e8/when_i_start_my_laptop_and_i_press_esc_it_opens/
  9. Pressing Esc key opens Start menu in Windows 10? Here’s the working fix to help you!

in Windows 10 News
    Pressing Esc key opens Start menu in Windows 10? Here’s the working fix to help you!: [ATTACH]If your keyboard is toggling the Start menu on pressing the Esc key, this post may help you solve the issue. Such type of keyboard error is caused due to hardware or software issues. Pressing Esc key opens Start menu in Windows 10 If this problem occurs on your...
  10. pressing esc opens start menu unresponsive keys and weird things happen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pressing esc opens start menu unresponsive keys and weird things happen: does anybody know a fix to where when I press the esc key it brings up the windows start menu. also it wont let me type when this issue happens and when on a browser trying to scroll up and down with my mouse zooms the screen in and out. there is no issue with the keyboard I...