Windows 10: Start menu overlay

Discus and support Start menu overlay in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have been having a translucent overlay over my start menu whenever I open it for the first time. I can close it then open it again to make it go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ErrantParsley47, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Start menu overlay

I have been having a translucent overlay over my start menu whenever I open it for the first time. I can close it then open it again to make it go away. I am also unable to type to search with the start menu.

:)

ErrantParsley47, Nov 11, 2018
  2. Sasqui Win User

Radeon Overlay not displaying all options

Ok, I got a question. The options to hide the overlay are confusing. What are the steps to turn on the overlay in-game? Not interested in logging much at the moment. Is Alt-R part of turning it on/off?

Sasqui, Nov 11, 2018
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 11, 2018
  4. Start menu overlay

windows starts hidden applications with overlay window

Hi,

The challenge that you are experiencing with the applications on your computer can occur due to several reasons, such as, a possible threat on your computer, system failure, etc. To better assist you with your concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any significant changes to your computer before the issue started?
    • What are the exact troubleshooting steps that you've taken so far? This is for us to avoid providing the same steps.

Also, kindly send us a screenshot of the overlay that you are seeing.

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

Start menu overlay

1. Start menu overlay - Similar Threads - Start menu overlay

2. Trying to disable the search overlay that blocks the start menu

in Cortana
    Trying to disable the search overlay that blocks the start menu: This keeps popping up whenever I press the start menu. I am trying to figure out a way to disable it but I don't even know what it's called. Anyone here know? Running Win10 Enterprise 2004. Blocks the regular start menu under it I have no idea what it is called nor how to...
  3. Start menu getting overlayed by Search app/window (version 2004). How to solve this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu getting overlayed by Search app/window (version 2004). How to solve this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/anfil89 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hl72wm/start_menu_getting_overlayed_by_search_appwindow/
  4. Windows 10 Start Menu/Search Window - Overlay on the search window appears - and reappears...

Windows 10 Start Menu/Search Window - Overlay on the search window appears - and reappears...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DailyRaccoon [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hbd752/windows_10_start_menusearch_window_overlay_on_the/
  5. Start Menu No Start

Start Menu No Start: When I select my Start Menu, I receive a critical error message. I uninstalled the last Windows update but that didn't solve the problem. submitted by /u/HalfFoods [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fq6m3a/start_menu_no_start/
  6. What is this icon overlaying on my start menu icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    What is this icon overlaying on my start menu icon: What does this icon on top of start menu icon mean? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-this-icon-overlaying-on-my-start-menu-icon/19a55bcc-69c4-4e26-8a42-bf3d96a46432
  7. Screen Overlay Issues after start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen Overlay Issues after start up: At start up, the screen has an overlay issue of not clearing the previous screen. I have yet to figure out a solution to get this to stop. Any ideas? [IMG]...
  8. overlay

in Windows 10 Customization
    overlay: its actually two questions I just bought a new comp it cam with win 1o don't like it can I install 8 or 7 over it 2. I thought micro came out with a fix just to change windows 10 desk top back to the old style <Moved from Windows Insider forum>...
  9. Unwanted overlay interfering with Start menu/Taskbar autohide

in Windows 10 Support
    Unwanted overlay interfering with Start menu/Taskbar autohide: When I open a certain program called Hitfilm Express, a couple of icons appear (microphone and refresh?) which didn't used to be there and there are preventing the Start menu and Taskbar responding whilst I'm using the program. Does anyone recognise the overlay or know how I...
  10. Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu: All of a sudden the start menu doesn't open when I click on it. That's that square with 4 squares inside the square on the bottom left corner and I can't type in the "Search the web and Windows" box next to it. Also the speaker icon on the right bottom corner won't open too...