Windows 10: Start Menu PC shows wrong computer name.. HELP

Discus and support Start Menu PC shows wrong computer name.. HELP in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; so in the settings section I renamed the PC.. When I go to 'rename pc' it shows the new name, but the start menu shows "Computer" as the name, instead... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by skysimonephoto, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Start Menu PC shows wrong computer name.. HELP

so in the settings section I renamed the PC.. When I go to 'rename pc' it shows the new name, but the start menu shows "Computer" as the name, instead of the new name

I can't find any google answers either please help

:)

skysimonephoto, Feb 10, 2019

2. Start menu is not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Iunderstand the frustration if things are not working fine as expected.

Please help us with below details,

• When you say "If I sign in under my user name I am in some earlier version", which version you are referring to?

• Did you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?

• When you say “I cannot access the start menu and am limited to IP as a browser” Is it refers to Microsoft Edge?

As an initial steps, I suggest you to check for the Windows version. To do so, follow the below steps:

1) Login to your computer through user name on which it show earlier version of Windows.

2) Press Windows key + r.

3) Type winver, hit enter.

For the issue related to start menu, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article and check,

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Reply with results and necessary information to help you further.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Feb 10, 2019
  3. #VSingh Win User
    Start menu is not working on Windows 10

I have tried till the troubleshooter and got this

"Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost" and "Microsoft.Windows.Cortana" applications need to be installed correctly.

Now how do install these applications

#VSingh, Feb 10, 2019
  4. Start Menu PC shows wrong computer name.. HELP

How to disable User name from Start menu

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your description, I understand that you would like to remove user name from Start menu. 3

I would like to inform you that this feature is by design and would not be able to delete the User name from the Start menu.

I suggest you to post your valuable suggestions in Windows feedback app. So, that developers will try to implement it in future Windows 10 updates to enhance user experience.

However you may, customize the Start menu tiles. Follow the below steps:

• Type Settings on the search bar and select
      Settings.
    2. Click on
    Personalization and choose Start.

Here you will be able to customize the Start screen as you wish.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

Start Menu PC shows wrong computer name.. HELP

1. Start Menu PC shows wrong computer name.. HELP - Similar Threads - Start Menu shows

2. Computer name not showing, reverts to "This PC"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer name not showing, reverts to "This PC": I'm using Window 11 Pro Version 23H2 Build 22631.3007, and I customized the computer name. When I check the Properties, under System >About, the custom computer name shows correctly, but the desktop icon says "This PC". Anyone know why it's doing that? How can I get it to...
  3. Computer name not showing, reverts to "This PC"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer name not showing, reverts to "This PC": I'm using Window 11 Pro Version 23H2 Build 22631.3007, and I customized the computer name. When I check the Properties, under System >About, the custom computer name shows correctly, but the desktop icon says "This PC". Anyone know why it's doing that? How can I get it to...
  4. Naming Glitch in Start Menu

Naming Glitch in Start Menu: I am having this dumb problem with my Windows 10. The Name of "Windows Security" is replaced with "Set up Onedrive" Please tell me how do I fix it. I have tried restarting the explorer from the task manager and also have tried restarting my computer....
  5. Application updated but start menu still showing old application name

Application updated but start menu still showing old application name: hi, I upgraded OneNote from 2016 ver to 2019 version but the start menu is still showing the 2016 version. Is there any way I can change this? See attached images. Frank [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  6. Help! Start menu won't show

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! Start menu won't show: I just noticed my start menu isn't working. I searched and followed the instructions in various articles but nothing worked. This is what I tried: running windows update restarting using sfc.exe to scan (it didn't find any integrity issues) using Get-AppXPackage to...
  7. Ethernet shows wrong router name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet shows wrong router name: When I connect to ethernet it shows my school wifi name instead of my home wifi. It is connected to my home wifi but it just shows the wrong name. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-shows-wrong-router-name/2fbd8411-aa7c-4c51-b24c-5f20858399f8
  8. PC shows Wrong PC name Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC shows Wrong PC name Windows 10: Hey guys, this isn't a new problem - it is still unresolved but the previous thread was locked Previous thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-pc-shows-wrong-computer-name-help/49f7d7ce-38e3-450f-8e3a-cb46abfb76ff I tried all the...
  9. start menu shows up in wrong location

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu shows up in wrong location: I noticed my start menu will randomly show up in the bottom left-hand corner. It usually shows up in the upper left-hand corner. How do I fix this? Also, when I start typing to search, the menu goes away. 79178
  10. Group names on start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Group names on start menu: Is there a setting to remove "group names" and grouping on the start menu. To the right of the group name input box there is a "2 slice" hamburger that does not do anything except invite naming of the group. I would prefer to have free alignment if that is possible. 53954