Windows 10: Start Menu PC shows wrong computer name.. HELP

Discus and support Start Menu PC shows wrong computer name.. HELP in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; so in the settings section I renamed the PC.. When I go to 'rename pc' it shows the new name, but the start menu shows "Computer" as the name, instead... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by skysimonephoto, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Start Menu PC shows wrong computer name.. HELP

so in the settings section I renamed the PC.. When I go to 'rename pc' it shows the new name, but the start menu shows "Computer" as the name, instead of the new name

I can't find any google answers either please help

:)

skysimonephoto, Feb 10, 2019

2. Start menu is not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Iunderstand the frustration if things are not working fine as expected.

Please help us with below details,

• When you say "If I sign in under my user name I am in some earlier version", which version you are referring to?

• Did you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?

• When you say “I cannot access the start menu and am limited to IP as a browser” Is it refers to Microsoft Edge?

As an initial steps, I suggest you to check for the Windows version. To do so, follow the below steps:

1) Login to your computer through user name on which it show earlier version of Windows.

2) Press Windows key + r.

3) Type winver, hit enter.

For the issue related to start menu, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article and check,

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Reply with results and necessary information to help you further.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Feb 10, 2019
  3. #VSingh Win User
    Start menu is not working on Windows 10

I have tried till the troubleshooter and got this

"Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost" and "Microsoft.Windows.Cortana" applications need to be installed correctly.

Now how do install these applications

#VSingh, Feb 10, 2019
  4. Start Menu PC shows wrong computer name.. HELP

How to disable User name from Start menu

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your description, I understand that you would like to remove user name from Start menu. 3

I would like to inform you that this feature is by design and would not be able to delete the User name from the Start menu.

I suggest you to post your valuable suggestions in Windows feedback app. So, that developers will try to implement it in future Windows 10 updates to enhance user experience.

However you may, customize the Start menu tiles. Follow the below steps:

• Type Settings on the search bar and select
      Settings.
    2. Click on
    Personalization and choose Start.

Here you will be able to customize the Start screen as you wish.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

Start Menu PC shows wrong computer name.. HELP

1. Start Menu PC shows wrong computer name.. HELP - Similar Threads - Start Menu shows

2. What's wrong with my PC?? HELP!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What's wrong with my PC?? HELP!: So my PC recently started having issues. Some of the issues include: 1. While watch YouTube videos on Google Chrome, the PC would eventually freeze and so I would need to power off and restart. 2. Google Chrome would crash sometimes (randomly closes) 3. The PC slows down...
  3. start menu not showing tiles

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    start menu not showing tiles: start menu not showing tiles https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-not-showing-tiles/21e7436d-100f-4d21-aa5d-0d3ea3f2dd29
  4. Random app named "ms-resource:appDisplayName" showing up on start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Random app named "ms-resource:appDisplayName" showing up on start menu: So I had a couple of updates that were installed this weekend and I noticed this random "other" section in my start menu all the way at the bottom. It only has one "app" in the list and it's named "ms-resource:appDisplayName" I tried to pull it up in the app store by...
  5. Computer clock shows wrong time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer clock shows wrong time: I am in Canada and my 2-year-old Acer Aspire has Windows 10. The time clock is always 1 hr. ahead of real time. I reset, change location from Canada/US to Eastern Standard time Canada. But it doesn't reset itself. Still showing 1 hr ahead of Ontario time. What can I do to fix...
  6. Start > Programs. How to show program name - not manufacturer's name?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start > Programs. How to show program name - not manufacturer's name?: . I have Windows 10 Pro. I tried to find a seldom-used program using Start > Programs. The search took a long time, because the list of programs contained the manufacturer's name - not the name of the program. Is it possible to edit or modify the entry so that I see...
  7. start menu shows up in wrong location

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu shows up in wrong location: I noticed my start menu will randomly show up in the bottom left-hand corner. It usually shows up in the upper left-hand corner. How do I fix this? Also, when I start typing to search, the menu goes away. 79178
  8. Computer Name Wrong in Homegroup But Right on Network?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer Name Wrong in Homegroup But Right on Network?: I have what I think is a simple problem. Here is a picture of the swapped names as I can't seem to find anybody else with this issue as I searched. [img] How do I get 1 out of 2? What have I done wrong? Thanks for the help! . . . 78489
  9. Changing Names on Start Menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Names on Start Menu tiles: I have searched all over for a simple method of changing the names on start menu tiles, especially the ones relating to websites etc. Isn't it possible for Microsoft to come up with a simple "right-click on tile" solution which would allow you to change the properties of the...
  10. Group names on start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Group names on start menu: Is there a setting to remove "group names" and grouping on the start menu. To the right of the group name input box there is a "2 slice" hamburger that does not do anything except invite naming of the group. I would prefer to have free alignment if that is possible. 53954