Windows 10: Start menu pinned tiles lost

Discus and support Start menu pinned tiles lost in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello to all, Yesterday I have done the following Windows update: https://support.microsoft.com/nl-nl/help/4551762/windows-10-update-kb4551762 Now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Stefanos_P, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Start menu pinned tiles lost

Hello to all,

Yesterday I have done the following Windows update:

https://support.microsoft.com/nl-nl/help/4551762/windows-10-update-kb4551762

Now I see that I also moved to Version 1909, too.

… and ever since all my pinned programs in the Start menu are gone not the software themselves.

I had created a few groups and pinned some shortcuts, but now I got the reset version and seeing a group called Productivity with MS Edge, Office, Photos, Mail and Store.

How can I make them come back?

Or at least how can I prevent this from happening again in another update?

Of course I can try and recreate them, but why did this happen?

Sorry to ask but I could only find some similar issues that were old and their suggestions did not work out.

:)

Stefanos_P, Mar 15, 2020
  2. Edwin Win User

Only "pin to start" (as a tile) and not "pin to start menu"?

And "pin to start list" is still there in the latest build? Yup.

Start menu pinned tiles lost [​IMG]

Edwin, Mar 15, 2020
  3. Aakster Win User
    Give Office 2016 Start Menu Tiles Colored Backgrounds

After upgrading to Office 2016, I have noticed that the start menu tiles lost their colorful backgrounds and were reverted back to the accent color. Here is how to fix that so the tiles have colored backgrounds.

This guide shows you go to go from this:
    Attachment 113103
    To this:
    Attachment 113105

Step 1
    Navigate to your Start Menu folder
    Typically can be found at: "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"

Step 2
    Find the shortcut for one of the Office suite apps and rename it to anything you want.

Step 3
    Reopen the Start Menu, the page will refresh and the tile will now be colored (assuming you have pinned it on the front page)

Step 4 (Optional)
    Rename the shortcut back to its original name, the tile will still remain colored.

Enjoy *Wink

Aakster, Mar 15, 2020
  4. altae Win User

Start menu pinned tiles lost

Only "pin to start" (as a tile) and not "pin to start menu"?

It does not work like this. You have to shift + right click the corresponding exe file or a shortcut in Windows Explorer to get the "pin to start lis" option. But be aware that even though you can choose to pin a certain program to the start list there is no guarantee that it actually works. On my system it does not work for most programs, i've only been able to add a handful of them. The only thing that does work ist "pin to start" which adds them to thw right side of the sart menu as a tile.

Seriously,I hope this is a bug. Because a start menu that does not let you add your own programs is worthless. If I'm forced to use tiles I will be better off using the start screen.

altae, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

Start menu pinned tiles lost

1. Start menu pinned tiles lost - Similar Threads - Start menu pinned

2. Start Menu Tiles...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start Menu Tiles...: [ATTACH] Is there any way to change Windows 10 UWP app tiles to an unsupported color or at least, change it without changing the accent color? https://preview.redd.it/mbqdxtnjwlx51.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=4cb2a93bc3c80ee24150a8458dd752ab330f4e94 submitted...
  3. start menu pinned tiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu pinned tiles: so when i close everything it goes to desktop and im not able to see desktop apps because start menu is blocking everything and wont close. os build {19041.508} 2004...
  4. start menu pinned tiles

start menu pinned tiles: when ever i close everything i cant see anything in desktop apps because start menu pinned tiles wont close??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-pinned-tiles/e0987182-f335-48a0-ab83-c7f1a213dfbd
  5. Start Menu Tiles

Start Menu Tiles: Hi, I really like the original factory start menu view with all of the tiles. I did someting and now when I click start menu I only get cortona to come up. Is there a fix for this? I know it is likely something easy.... Help!...
  6. START MENUE TILES

START MENUE TILES: USING THE SAME MICROSOFT ACCOUNT WHY THE START TILES ARE NOT THE SAME ON EACH COMPUTER USING THE SAME MICROSOFT ACCOUNT. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menue-tiles/22d9f2c5-64c5-4b9a-9549-f88a285c37f7
  7. Start menu tiles

Start menu tiles: Hi Im trying to sort out a problem, recently I noticed that I cant add tiles to the start menu, I cant delete ones already there, I cant move them where I want them to be and that the *context* menu that appears when I right click on the tiles already pinned to the start...
  8. Only "pin to start" (as a tile) and not "pin to start menu"?

in Windows 10 Support
    Only "pin to start" (as a tile) and not "pin to start menu"?: Hello! I haven't tried the previews but follow the development through blogs and YouTube. I am running 8.1 on all my PC's and love it. I've become used to the start screen and tiles but was under the impression that the new start menu in 10 would make it possible to pin...
  9. no tiles in the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    no tiles in the start menu: [img] I've had this problem for a while and with every build it doesn't get fixed. When I open the start menu the tiles don't appear. Screenshot should say it all. If anyone can tell me what to do to get this problem solved I would appreciate it 8379
  10. Start Menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu tiles: I have mistakenly dragged my mail tile/ icon from the Start Menu in W.10 to the desktop. How can I return it to the start menu ? ( drag and drop does not work ) 69326