Windows 10: start menu pinned to desktop

Discus and support start menu pinned to desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; my start menu is always on top of the desktop making me unable to access the desktop directly, how can i resolve that.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by legend-kay, Oct 2, 2019.

1. start menu pinned to desktop

my start menu is always on top of the desktop making me unable to access the desktop directly, how can i resolve that.

:)

legend-kay, Oct 2, 2019

2. How to pin shortcut to start menu.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you would like to know how to pin short cut to start menu.

I would suggest you to refer to the article given below if you are using Windows 7.

Pin a program to the Start menu

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Pin-a-program-to-the-Start-menu

And if you are using Windows 10 then I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

Pin apps to Start

Pin the apps you use most often to the Start menu. Here's how:

• Go to Start > All Apps.
    • Press and hold (or right-click) an app.
    • Select Pin to Start.

Hope this helps. Please let us know the results. We will be happy to assist you further.

Mayank Gupta10, Oct 2, 2019
  3. GPM949 Win User
    How to pin shortcut to start menu.

Your answer related to pinning apps to the start menu.

The question was can you pin desktop shortcuts to the start menu, or to the apps list?

GPM949, Oct 2, 2019
  4. MDD0799 Win User

start menu pinned to desktop

How to pin shortcut to start menu.

Sergiy Shklyar - You are a genius. This is the solution for pinning a non-executable to the Start Menu. Many thanks.

MDD0799, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

start menu pinned to desktop

1. start menu pinned to desktop - Similar Threads - start menu pinned

2. Using Start Menu as a desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using Start Menu as a desktop?: Hi all Does anyone know if it's possible, within Windows 10 or using a third party program, to make the Start menu full-screen and to have it permanently replace the desktop as the thing that shows when you minimise all windows/hit the Start button/hit the Desktop button?...
  3. start menu pinned tiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu pinned tiles: so when i close everything it goes to desktop and im not able to see desktop apps because start menu is blocking everything and wont close. os build {19041.508} 2004...
  4. start menu pinned tiles

start menu pinned tiles: when ever i close everything i cant see anything in desktop apps because start menu pinned tiles wont close??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-pinned-tiles/e0987182-f335-48a0-ab83-c7f1a213dfbd
  5. pin to start menu customizations

pin to start menu customizations: Where are start menu tiles (pinned shortcuts) stored? I can't find them. I want to customize the start menu and back it up to deploy elsewhere. 12877
  6. Pin all desktop items to Start Menu at once?

Pin all desktop items to Start Menu at once?: Hey guys, I have a decent amount of items on my Desktop that I want to pin to the Start Menu. Pinning them one by one would be a pain, so is there a way to pin all of them at once? Thanks *Smile 11799
  7. Start menu problem "pin and unpin to start"

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu problem "pin and unpin to start": Hi guys I work on win 10 pin to start & unpin to start was working normally and a few days ago i found that it's not exist anymore and when i perform a right click on a free space in start menu there's nothing happens [img] [img] [img] [img] 49409
  8. Only "pin to start" (as a tile) and not "pin to start menu"?

in Windows 10 Support
    Only "pin to start" (as a tile) and not "pin to start menu"?: Hello! I haven't tried the previews but follow the development through blogs and YouTube. I am running 8.1 on all my PC's and love it. I've become used to the start screen and tiles but was under the impression that the new start menu in 10 would make it possible to pin...
  9. Start Menu Apps to Desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Apps to Desktop?: Is there a way to move apps from the Start Menu to folders on the Desktop? I want to put all games that are now tiles in my Start Menu to a Games Folder on my Desktop. 46338
  10. Pin shortcuts to Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Pin shortcuts to Start Menu: What am I missing here? I can pin exe's with a right click but trying to do this with a desktop shortcut does nothing. If it is not allowed, why does the context menu have 'Pin to start' in it? Just wondering. 8914

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 start menu pinned to desktop

2. windows 10 pin to start or taskbar lnk