Windows 10: Start Menu pop-unders

Discus and support Start Menu pop-unders in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Whenever I launch any Store-based application or Settings from the Start Menu, the application opens underneath all open windows and the Start Menu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by David Trimboli, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Start Menu pop-unders

Whenever I launch any Store-based application or Settings from the Start Menu, the application opens underneath all open windows and the Start Menu does not close. Win32 applications work normally: the Start Menu closes and the application opens on top of all windows.

What's wrong with my Store apps? Can this be fixed?

I'm running Windows 10 Pro with update 1803 with a domain user account.

:)

David Trimboli, Feb 11, 2019

2. Start menu is not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Iunderstand the frustration if things are not working fine as expected.

Please help us with below details,

• When you say "If I sign in under my user name I am in some earlier version", which version you are referring to?

• Did you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?

• When you say “I cannot access the start menu and am limited to IP as a browser” Is it refers to Microsoft Edge?

As an initial steps, I suggest you to check for the Windows version. To do so, follow the below steps:

1) Login to your computer through user name on which it show earlier version of Windows.

2) Press Windows key + r.

3) Type winver, hit enter.

For the issue related to start menu, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article and check,

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Reply with results and necessary information to help you further.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Feb 11, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Start Menu pop-unders

How do I get a screenshot of start menu?

Thanks for this topgundcp as I have used the snipping tool a lot but could never figure how to capture pop up menus.

IownAmoneyPit, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Start Menu pop-unders

1. Start Menu pop-unders - Similar Threads - Start Menu pop

2. Rouge Start Menu entries at bottom of menu under 'other'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rouge Start Menu entries at bottom of menu under 'other': HiI have the same issue as commented on by Phant0m`` in 2016Windows 10 Start Menu, DEAD, INVALID shortcut under ' Other ' category.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/Windows/forum/all/windows-10-start-menu-dead-invalid-shortcut-under/a8d41ac8-926f-440d-9183-987ce77a8bd0Has...
  3. Rouge Start Menu entries at bottom of menu under 'other'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rouge Start Menu entries at bottom of menu under 'other': HiI have the same issue as commented on by Phant0m`` in 2016Windows 10 Start Menu, DEAD, INVALID shortcut under ' Other ' category.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/Windows/forum/all/windows-10-start-menu-dead-invalid-shortcut-under/a8d41ac8-926f-440d-9183-987ce77a8bd0Has...
  4. Rouge Start Menu entries at bottom of menu under 'other'

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Start menu keeps popping up

Start menu keeps popping up: Past 4 days my start menu keeps popping up on my screen and closes by itself every second. I have tried every solution I have found online, I am using a regular pc with a mouse and keyboard, no touch pad. I have unplugged my keyboard just to watch it keep happening, reset my...
  6. windows start menu pops up randomly.

windows start menu pops up randomly.: As it says in subject, my pc randomly pops up the start menu and sometimes the notification bar. Already performed a scan in command prompt. 0 issues. Do you have any suggestions on how i can fix this problem. Also occurs during gaming when all notifications are shut...
  7. Weird white lines under apps in start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird white lines under apps in start menu: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/vandesm14 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iomnp4/weird_white_lines_under_apps_in_start_menu/
  8. WIN 10 - Pops up start menu

WIN 10 - Pops up start menu: Hi.I have one little problem in Windows 10. The Start menu always pops up after log on the desktop.When I log in for the first time on any of the accounts, the start menu will not pops up.This only happens when switch accounts on the second login. Is it possible to set...
  9. How apps are grouped under the Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How apps are grouped under the Start menu: Noticed in Windows 10 that when I install different products from the same developer they all end up under the "root" developer folder rather than in sub-groups lacking a better word for it but hope you still understand what I mean. I have lots of airport scenery products...
  10. Start Menu not Opening/Popping Up

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu not Opening/Popping Up: I have a Windows 10 computer with a new profile and the start menu will not open. It works fine on other profiles, but on new profiles, the start menu does not work. I tried downloading the repair tool, but it gives me, 0x80070005 Restricted. The domain account is set as an...