start menu problem

Discus and support start menu problem in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; [img] just installed windows 10 preview as a virtual pc. i click start menu and a short menu comes up. how can i expand this to normal size 2366 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jamos316, Oct 9, 2014.

1. jamos316 Win User

[​IMG]

just installed windows 10 preview as a virtual pc. i click start menu and a short menu comes up. how can i expand this to normal size

:)

jamos316, Oct 9, 2014
  2. start menu not working Win User

My start menu icons aren't showing up properly!

I have same problem, the start menu is not working. when you click it , nothing happened. Microsoft edge and store icon are missing on the taskbar.

start menu not working, Oct 9, 2014
  3. Bimal Kanti Shuklabaidya Win User
    Problem with Start Menu.

i have looked this much ahead. it doesn't work.

Bimal Kanti Shuklabaidya, Oct 9, 2014
  4. labeeman Win User

start menu problem

Try this link. MORE

labeeman, Oct 9, 2014
  5. Jazz Win User
    Try to install VM tools *Smile

Jazz, Oct 9, 2014
  6. gator Win User
    Right Click Taskbar > Click Properties > Start Menu Tab > Customize > Then Add what you like.

gator, Oct 9, 2014
  7. Boozad Win User
    You can adjust the height of the Start Menu regardless of how many or few items are in there.

[​IMG]

Boozad, Oct 9, 2014
  8. jimbo45 Win User

start menu problem

Hi there

I had the same problem - the Link at the top of the thread works (even in a VM). You need to strtch by a DISCRETE amount say 3 cm on a typical screen then it will expand. It doesn't expand like a "Normal" window re-size. You won't see the menu expand dynamically as you move the mouse like normal window resizing but it will expand once you've finished -- it's confusing.

I don't think though you can do anything about the menu text size though -- If I keep looking at that I'll probably need to get some glasses as thick as old fashioned Milk Bottles. !!!

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Oct 9, 2014
  9. f14tomcat Win User
    Before I have to borrow your old fashioned milk bottles, is there any hope of increasing THE TEXT SIZE ​on the start menu????? Thrashzone said he had posted info on this in his reply to me, but I cannot find it. Maybe I'm just klutzy getting around this forum. Please help if you can. Thanks, Dick...*Doh*Doh*Doh*Doh

f14tomcat, Oct 15, 2014
  10. jamos316 Win User
    i think this is what you're after
    right click on desktop>personalize>display. click the check box to let you choose scaling levels. here you can change the size of all items

[​IMG]

jamos316, Oct 15, 2014
  11. f14tomcat Win User
    jamos316... thanks for the reply, but I've tried every option under personalize. They only affect the "desktop" environment, not the start menu or tiles. What I'm looking for is a way to change the font type AND size on the start menu (left click on win 10 logo bottom left). The text size is WAY too small and is a mega-eyestrain!

f14tomcat, Oct 15, 2014
  12. Edwin New Member
    This help?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edwin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

start menu problem

start menu problem - Similar Threads - start menu problem

1. create administrator account to solve problem with start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    create administrator account to solve problem with start menu: Hello, I'm trying to set up a second administrator account to solve problems I'm having with my start menu, following the instructions provided here: How to reset the Start menu layout on Windows 10 | Windows Central I have created a new local account, but cannot go any...
  2. Problems with my start menu display (missing apps and grayed texts)

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with my start menu display (missing apps and grayed texts): Don't know where to post this so I'll do it here. *sarc Issues: Blurry Start Menu Texts and Icons; 'Grayed' Start Menu Texts; Missing Apps; Unable to change the Start Menu titles Just updated to Windows 10 creators fall version 1709 and it might have caused the issues....
  3. Two connected problems?: Edge won't start & Start Menu does not work

in Windows 10 Support
    Two connected problems?: Edge won't start & Start Menu does not work: I'm probably like most people - able to solve the seemingly endless minor windows problems that arise after a bit of google searching on forums. However at the moment I've got two problems that I just can't fix despite trying every solution I could on the web including all of...
  4. Problems with Start Menu/Search Windows (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with Start Menu/Search Windows (Windows 10): I seem to have some odd things going on with my Windows 10 computer last couple of days. When I type in the Search Windows box sometimes nothing happens, nothing I type appears. I don’t think it’s a keyboard problem as I’ve just typed this using MS Word with the same...
  5. Problem with Start Menu search

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with Start Menu search: I had to restore a older image of my Windows 10 install, after copying my current user profile. I restored it, copied the new user profile over the old one and got all working. Except the Start menu search feature stopped finding programs, the only results it returns are...
  6. Problems with Windows Start Menu/Cortana

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with Windows Start Menu/Cortana: I had many problems with the Windows Start Menu and Cortana not working at all 3 days ago and I have resorted to Resetting my PC after many attempts of trying to fix the problem by following google and youtube guides. Everything was working fine for 2 days until now at 1am...
  7. Start menu problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu problems: [img] Anyone know how to fix this start menu? 76067
start menu problem solved