start menu problem

Discus and support start menu problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] just installed windows 10 preview as a virtual pc. i click start menu and a short menu comes up. how can i expand this to normal size 2366 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jamos316, Oct 8, 2014.

1. jamos316 Win User

start menu problem

start menu problem [​IMG]

just installed windows 10 preview as a virtual pc. i click start menu and a short menu comes up. how can i expand this to normal size

:)

jamos316, Oct 8, 2014
  2. start menu not working Win User

My start menu icons aren't showing up properly!

I have same problem, the start menu is not working. when you click it , nothing happened. Microsoft edge and store icon are missing on the taskbar.

start menu not working, Oct 8, 2014
  3. Bimal Kanti Shuklabaidya Win User
    Problem with Start Menu.

i have looked this much ahead. it doesn't work.

Bimal Kanti Shuklabaidya, Oct 8, 2014
  4. labeeman Win User

start menu problem

Try this link. MORE

labeeman, Oct 8, 2014
  5. Jazz Win User
    Try to install VM tools *Smile

Jazz, Oct 9, 2014
  6. gator Win User
    Right Click Taskbar > Click Properties > Start Menu Tab > Customize > Then Add what you like.

gator, Oct 9, 2014
  7. Boozad Win User
    You can adjust the height of the Start Menu regardless of how many or few items are in there.

Boozad, Oct 9, 2014
  8. jimbo45 Win User

start menu problem

Hi there

I had the same problem - the Link at the top of the thread works (even in a VM). You need to strtch by a DISCRETE amount say 3 cm on a typical screen then it will expand. It doesn't expand like a "Normal" window re-size. You won't see the menu expand dynamically as you move the mouse like normal window resizing but it will expand once you've finished -- it's confusing.

I don't think though you can do anything about the menu text size though -- If I keep looking at that I'll probably need to get some glasses as thick as old fashioned Milk Bottles. !!!

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Oct 9, 2014
  9. f14tomcat Win User
    Before I have to borrow your old fashioned milk bottles, is there any hope of increasing THE TEXT SIZE ​on the start menu????? Thrashzone said he had posted info on this in his reply to me, but I cannot find it. Maybe I'm just klutzy getting around this forum. Please help if you can. Thanks, Dick...*Doh*Doh*Doh*Doh

f14tomcat, Oct 15, 2014
  10. jamos316 Win User
    i think this is what you're after
    right click on desktop>personalize>display. click the check box to let you choose scaling levels. here you can change the size of all items

jamos316, Oct 15, 2014
  11. f14tomcat Win User
    jamos316... thanks for the reply, but I've tried every option under personalize. They only affect the "desktop" environment, not the start menu or tiles. What I'm looking for is a way to change the font type AND size on the start menu (left click on win 10 logo bottom left). The text size is WAY too small and is a mega-eyestrain!

f14tomcat, Oct 15, 2014
  12. Edwin New Member
    This help?

Edwin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

start menu problem

1. start menu problem - Similar Threads - start menu problem

2. recovery D problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    recovery D problem: I keep getting this message saying that Im running out of space on this drive and to click here when I do it opens up a box to clear files of recycle bin and directx shader cache But they show there is nothing in them to delete and what is directx shader and how do I get rid...
  3. Configure problem

Configure problem: Hi there my battery ran out whilst my laptop was configuring and now it won't load properly as the configure didn't complete. Can you sort this out remotely for me please? I,m on my husband's tablet so can,t see what is happening.. thanks jayne...
  4. Start Menu Full Text Labels instead of Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Full Text Labels instead of Icons: Hi, I just installed Windows 10 and have been watching some youtube videos and tutorials about it. During some of the videos I noticed the start menu was different to mine. So I was wondering how do I enable full texted labels instead of just the icons when I click the start...
  5. Problem with some kind of malware, worm, RAT, not sure.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem with some kind of malware, worm, RAT, not sure.: Some guys, old male aquaintances, boyfriends, etc, I used to know, a lot, hackers, and other people, got into my computer and have been watching me. a lot of the pages are edited and they also do stuff like flash the taskbar at the bottom of the screen and changing what my...
  6. problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem: i am not able to open my asphalt 8 not able to music in groove music not able to add any photos folder in microsoft photos app why are you not fixing this issue worst experience ever Moved from: Windows 10 / Ease of access...
  7. PROBLEM TO RENAME THE NAME OF AN ENVELOPE EXISTING ON THE WORKING AREA OF PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    PROBLEM TO RENAME THE NAME OF AN ENVELOPE EXISTING ON THE WORKING AREA OF PC: Good day. First of all please let me know shall we communicate in english or greek language ? Now on the problems which appeared suddendly yesterday without any mark. I have an envelope and i change the name then I place this envelope inside another envelope and the name of...
  8. High definition audio problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    High definition audio problem: Hi I have old Dell Latitude E4300 laptop (include Intel Mobile Intel 4 series express chipset family) with Windows 10. It has work fine, however last summer I start to have a problem with audio and video. Both works but every two or three seonds video freeze for half a...
  9. Unable to access boot menu even i had already inserted window installation media and keep...

Unable to access boot menu even i had already inserted window installation media and keep...: Hi, My laptop is dead and it only shows up a manufacturer screen and turns to a blank screen after a few seconds, I also tried to open up a task manager but it won't works. So, i got nothing to then to force close my laptop (by keep pressing the off button). I had tried...
  10. Qualcomm QCA 9565 Bluetooth 4.5 getting Error 43 after 2 seconds on start

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Qualcomm QCA 9565 Bluetooth 4.5 getting Error 43 after 2 seconds on start: Recently, my Bluetooth Driver keeps on giving me an error with this: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) I have a Dell Inspiron PC (the ones made in 2016 Christmas) and it's really interfering with my Headset that has Bluetooth....