Windows 10: Start menu problem

Discus and support Start menu problem in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, i've just re-installed windows, version 1803 (not that much gaming performance decrease), and for a few hours i've been dealing with this start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JeffUruguay, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Start menu problem

So, i've just re-installed windows, version 1803 (not that much gaming performance decrease), and for a few hours i've been dealing with this start menu problem. https://imgur.com/a/0SZcaP7
    I'm not able to add or remove any items from the start menu. Every time i restart explorer.exe it resets and shows up the icons as the image shows. I've already tried re-registering start menu through powershell but nothing seems to work.

submitted by /u/JeffUruguay
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JeffUruguay, Oct 3, 2020

2. Start menu search problems

Hi Michael,

In order for us to better assist you, we would like to ask few questions:

• Did you make any changes or updates to your computer prior to the issue?
    • When did you start experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    Since you're having issues with the Start menu, we suggest checking this
    article
    and follow the methods provided to troubleshoot Start menu.

Update us on the outcome.

Reymichael Ros, Oct 3, 2020
  3. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Oct 3, 2020
  4. Start menu problem

Jeraldine Ase, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

Start menu problem

1. Start menu problem - Similar Threads - Start menu problem

2. Start menu problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu problem: Start menu only shows half of the image of each apps. It will not show anything and sometimes it will not function. I restart the PC maybe it will help but nothing. I run virus scan maybe Im affected by something, but nothing is detected. I need to make if functionable....
  3. Problem with Start menue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Start menue.: Probably after an update, when I want to shut down I get a Critical Error message that the Start Menu does not work. I have to push the Power button to shut down.It says it will be fixed the next time I sign on, but it does not. 3 days now it is still not working.I welcome...
  4. Problem with Start menue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Start menue.: Probably after an update, when I want to shut down I get a Critical Error message that the Start Menu does not work. I have to push the Power button to shut down.It says it will be fixed the next time I sign on, but it does not. 3 days now it is still not working.I welcome...
  5. Start menu problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu problem: Hi! Just got windows 10 pro. My start menu isn't how I want it to be, I want to make it have the shut down button and other stuff like: control panel, this pc, user etc. on the right side instead of the left, just like Windows 7 had! My brother has it that way on his laptop...
  6. Start Menu Problem.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Problem.: Hey. Last night my laptop got a malware and I decided to use HitmanPro and Adwcleaner to cleaned it up. After that, everytime I restarting/turning on my laptop, I always get a message like this: 1. Fatal error: failed to execute script electrum Note: I never used electrum...
  7. Start Menu Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Problems: [img] Hi there. Recently I've had this problem with the start menu not being able to display any of the folders on the left hand side in Windows 10 Pro. In the settings application, the above image is what shows when I try to enable it. Any ideas? Thanks in advanced, ....
  8. Start menu problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu problem: Yesterday when i try to arrange icons in start menu i saw the problem ,i can not move any of icon in start menu, the icon disappear and i am not able to do anything until i restart windows explorer,but when i try rearrange again this bug occur again...Is there any solution?...
  9. Start menu problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu problems: [img] Anyone know how to fix this start menu? 76067
  10. start menu problem

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu problem: [img] just installed windows 10 preview as a virtual pc. i click start menu and a short menu comes up. how can i expand this to normal size 2366