Windows 10: Start Menu Refusing To Open

Discus and support Start Menu Refusing To Open in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This issue has happened twice already and required a full restart to fix. I'll attempt to open the Start Menu, by clicking it or pressing the Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Drachen, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Drachen Win User

Start Menu Refusing To Open

This issue has happened twice already and required a full restart to fix. I'll attempt to open the Start Menu, by clicking it or pressing the Windows key, and it will refuse to open. In restarting Windows Explorer, the issue still persists. Considering I'm heavily reliant on Windows Search to get around my machine, this is quite an issue.

Anybody else have this issue or a possible solution?

:)

Drachen, Aug 2, 2015

2. Bug in Windows 10 - start menu and apps not working

I have the same issue.

Been using Win10 since the official launch - then suddenly a few days ago the Start Menu will not open and New Notifications will not open.

I created a new separate Account (via Control Panel not Settings window) and the Start Menu works. But, it refuses my password on the second screen, when setting up my MS account ?

Woeful position - it's worse than the old Microsoft Blue Screen !!

Microsoft get this issue fixed, please !!!

davidwelsman, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Can't open Start Menu or Settings in Windows 10 Creators Update

I just got the Windows 10 Creators Update. Now my computer is refusing to let me open the Start menu or open Settings. Help, please?

NOTE: I was fine just after I got the update. But after a few hours, this started happening. I thought restarting might help, but it didn't. Although it was taking an absurdly, suspiciously long time to restart...

MichaelBear_227, Aug 2, 2015
Thema:

Start Menu Refusing To Open

1. Start Menu Refusing To Open - Similar Threads - Start Menu Refusing

2. Start Menu is not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu is not opening: The start menu is not opening using the mouse by clicking on the windows logo in the taskbar nor the keyboard on my windows 11 system. I have restarted my laptop multiple times but the same issue occurs. Because of this, I am unable to access the search function also, neither...
  3. Start Menu is not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu is not opening: The start menu is not opening using the mouse by clicking on the windows logo in the taskbar nor the keyboard on my windows 11 system. I have restarted my laptop multiple times but the same issue occurs. Because of this, I am unable to access the search function also, neither...
  4. Start menu starts opening randomly.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu starts opening randomly.: Hi! I have a windows tablet with broken touch that goes crazy sometimes, so i have disabled it. When im using tablet the start menu opens randomly sometimes. Is there a fix? submitted by /u/vukasin123king [link] [comments]...
  5. Start Menu refusing to work properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu refusing to work properly: Recently, my start menu will no longer work. Left clicking the start button does nothing, but right clicking it will open the 'power user menu.' The button on my keyboard also fails to bring the start menu up, but clicking the 'type here to search' or using any keyboard...
  6. Start Menu refuses to work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu refuses to work: Each time I click on the windows 10 start menu, I get a nice message saying "Critical Error Your Start Menu isn't working. We'll try to fix it the next time you sign in." I have rebooted the machine several times and also signed out and signed back in. Other than this, I...
  7. Win10CU - Refuses to open most/all MS apps through start menu search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10CU - Refuses to open most/all MS apps through start menu search: Been getting this odd behaviour as of late, where the Start Menu (Winkey, type "cmd" or whatever) won't let me launch any MS based app that it finds in searches. I'm a lazy guy who tends to search for CMD, Paint, WFS (and so on) rather than use icons. And Search DOES find...
  8. Can't open start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't open start menu: I can't open my start menu and when I try to open some stuff. It happened a week ago when I was away from pc *Mad Screen capture - 4d26d594ea04bc174b8336a6835b92d8 - Gyazo P.s when my mouse is over the win button i am pressing. 20768
  9. Start Menu not opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu not opening: Trying to resolve this issue for a couple of days where the start menu doesn't open when its clicked on. I have seen other posts with this issue where its an issue with personalization settings under ms-settings. I am unable to open Ms-settings because I receive the error...
  10. Cannot open start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot open start menu: Hello, I have relocated my Users directory during the installation of Windows to another drive using tutorial from this forum. Everything worked perfectly. Then I wanted to upgrade the build, however due to the relocated User directory, the update failed. So I edited the...