Start Menu Refusing To Open

Discus and support Start Menu Refusing To Open in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This issue has happened twice already and required a full restart to fix. I'll attempt to open the Start Menu, by clicking it or pressing the Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Drachen, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Drachen Win User

This issue has happened twice already and required a full restart to fix. I'll attempt to open the Start Menu, by clicking it or pressing the Windows key, and it will refuse to open. In restarting Windows Explorer, the issue still persists. Considering I'm heavily reliant on Windows Search to get around my machine, this is quite an issue.

Anybody else have this issue or a possible solution?

:)

Drachen, Aug 2, 2015
  2. davidwelsman Win User

Bug in Windows 10 - start menu and apps not working

I have the same issue.

Been using Win10 since the official launch - then suddenly a few days ago the Start Menu will not open and New Notifications will not open.

I created a new separate Account (via Control Panel not Settings window) and the Start Menu works. But, it refuses my password on the second screen, when setting up my MS account ?

Woeful position - it's worse than the old Microsoft Blue Screen !!

Microsoft get this issue fixed, please !!!

davidwelsman, Aug 2, 2015
  3. MichaelBear_227 Win User
    Can't open Start Menu or Settings in Windows 10 Creators Update

I just got the Windows 10 Creators Update. Now my computer is refusing to let me open the Start menu or open Settings. Help, please?

NOTE: I was fine just after I got the update. But after a few hours, this started happening. I thought restarting might help, but it didn't. Although it was taking an absurdly, suspiciously long time to restart...

MichaelBear_227, Aug 2, 2015
Thema:

1. Start Menu Refusing To Open - Similar Threads - Start Menu Refusing

2. High Disk Usage When Opening Any Programs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High Disk Usage When Opening Any Programs: I am experiencing high disk usage when I open literally everything. I am not too knowledgeable on computer hardware so hopefully someone here can help. I have disabled SuperFetch (I was/still am having issues with my computer randomly resetting; someone said disabling it...
  3. Win10 Emoji Panel Won't Open

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Emoji Panel Won't Open: Hi All, I also posted this same question here... Entering Emoji on Hardware Keyboard with Emoji Panel in Windows 10 Anyway, I'm running the latest version of win 10 and the emoji panel will not open, using either Win + period or Win + semicolon key's. I've done a system...
  4. Start Screen Issues (Windows 10 v1803)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Screen Issues (Windows 10 v1803): I recently acquired a new work laptop running Windows 10 v1803. I have elected an image from my Pictures folder to be used as my lock screen image. I also have "Show lock screen background picture in the sign-in screen" selected. However, every time I turn on my PC I was met...
  5. black screen on right side of opening page

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    black screen on right side of opening page: We need to fix your Microsoft account(most likely your password has changed). Select here to fix it in Shared experience settings.9.09a...
  6. text documents (*.txt) on notepad and it wont open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    text documents (*.txt) on notepad and it wont open: my computer has been hacked and all of sudden they sent this text documents and it say push enter but it doesn't do anything. also does anyone know how to get the hackers off my computer... any help would be appreciated...
  7. Starting computer for first time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Starting computer for first time: Bought a Dell Inspiron 13 5000 series 2 with Windows 10. Right out of the box, Cortana led me through selecting a country and even getting connected to my wifi. Then she said, we are going to check for updates - found updates - downloading updates - restarting computer....
  8. Word 2007 Can No-Longer open .DOCM files after upgrade to Windows 10

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word 2007 Can No-Longer open .DOCM files after upgrade to Windows 10: Today, I upgraded a Windows 8 system to Windows 10 Home. All seemed to work well. NOW however, Word 2007 cannot open a .DOCM file that has an embedded Excel spreadsheet object (.XLS). I've never seen such a thing before and I'm lost. There's a bunch of chatter about Security...
  9. Open New Tabs with a Blank Page Option does not work on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open New Tabs with a Blank Page Option does not work on Microsoft Edge: Hello, I have set Microsoft Edge to open with a blank page. However when I set the option to open new tabs with a blank page, it continues to open MSN.com. I have gone to the Edge Menu (3 dots) > Settings > Open New Tabs With , then I have selected "a blank page". Yet time...
  10. I have started to hear a sound signal every 15 seconds or so and it seems to be independent...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have started to hear a sound signal every 15 seconds or so and it seems to be independent...: I have started to hear a sound signal every 15 seconds or so and it seems to be independent of what I am doing. I have tried to turn the sound to "None" for things like receiving mail. that did not help. Then I used the Control Panel > Sounds and selected no system...