Start Menu Refusing To Open

Discus and support Start Menu Refusing To Open in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; This issue has happened twice already and required a full restart to fix. I'll attempt to open the Start Menu, by clicking it or pressing the Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Drachen, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Drachen Win User

This issue has happened twice already and required a full restart to fix. I'll attempt to open the Start Menu, by clicking it or pressing the Windows key, and it will refuse to open. In restarting Windows Explorer, the issue still persists. Considering I'm heavily reliant on Windows Search to get around my machine, this is quite an issue.

Anybody else have this issue or a possible solution?

:)

Drachen, Aug 3, 2015
  2. davidwelsman Win User

Bug in Windows 10 - start menu and apps not working

I have the same issue.

Been using Win10 since the official launch - then suddenly a few days ago the Start Menu will not open and New Notifications will not open.

I created a new separate Account (via Control Panel not Settings window) and the Start Menu works. But, it refuses my password on the second screen, when setting up my MS account ?

Woeful position - it's worse than the old Microsoft Blue Screen !!

Microsoft get this issue fixed, please !!!

davidwelsman, Aug 3, 2015
  3. MichaelBear_227 Win User
    Can't open Start Menu or Settings in Windows 10 Creators Update

I just got the Windows 10 Creators Update. Now my computer is refusing to let me open the Start menu or open Settings. Help, please?

NOTE: I was fine just after I got the update. But after a few hours, this started happening. I thought restarting might help, but it didn't. Although it was taking an absurdly, suspiciously long time to restart...

MichaelBear_227, Aug 3, 2015
Thema:

Start Menu Refusing To Open

Start Menu Refusing To Open - Similar Threads - Start Menu Refusing

1. Start Menu Customization

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Customization: Hi all If this post is a repeat of an existing topic, I apologize, I couldn't find anything in my searches. I'm trying to customize the Windows 10 start menu and I'm running into an issue with grouped boxes (the icons boxes created by placing one icon on top of another,...
  2. New update messes my start menu up

in Windows 10 Support
    New update messes my start menu up: I tested to see if my menu works before I installed the new update, and it was working. After restart for the update I checked it again and it's missing. What is up with these updates that keep removing my start menu? This is getting to be a pain and to think I liked windows...
  3. Start menu typing search doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu typing search doesn't work: I thought I could just type "rege" and get Regedit result right away. No. I need to type the whole name. What's going on? The Windows Search service is running. I disabled Cortana, but that shouldn't matter, should it? 112057
  4. Start Menu Not Responding Enterprise

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Not Responding Enterprise: I imaged a new machine in my company's environment with Windows 10 Enterprise. Upon the user logging in to the machine, he reports his start menu not working. A reboot fixes the issue. Is there a solution other than rebooting the machine to fix this issue? I ran the sfc...
  5. Would an out-of-date video driver cause the Start menu to stop working

in Windows 10 Support
    Would an out-of-date video driver cause the Start menu to stop working: Hello, A while back, I had a problem where the Start menu wouldn't work. This started as an intermittent problem that usually went away when I rebooted, but developed into a full-time issue. Despite a lot of help in this forum (thanks again to all those who put in so much...
  6. Taskbar GPO option NOT properly preventing right-click on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar GPO option NOT properly preventing right-click on Start Menu: The GPO option "Remove access to the context menus for the taskbar" is NOT properly preventing users from opening up the Power User Tasks Menu by right-clicking on the Start Menu button. (I swear this USED to work before the Windows 10 Pro April 2018 update - build 1803)...
  7. Win10CU - Refuses to open most/all MS apps through start menu search

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10CU - Refuses to open most/all MS apps through start menu search: Been getting this odd behaviour as of late, where the Start Menu (Winkey, type "cmd" or whatever) won't let me launch any MS based app that it finds in searches. I'm a lazy guy who tends to search for CMD, Paint, WFS (and so on) rather than use icons. And Search DOES find...
Start Menu Refusing To Open solved