Windows 10: Start Menu registry settings

Discus and support Start Menu registry settings in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to deploy a custom Start Menuvia LGPO PC's and plan on having a full screen start menu with pinned tiles. But somewhere in the org's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JordanBeardmore, May 19, 2020.

1. Start Menu registry settings

I'm trying to deploy a custom Start Menuvia LGPO PC's and plan on having a full screen start menu with pinned tiles.

But somewhere in the org's image/deployment of W10 which includes a customised Start Menu it will create a maximum tile size of 2x2. Even going into the XML generated by Export-StartLayout and manually configuring to a 4x4 tile just breaks it.

I'm assuming there is a Registry key for this somewhere, but I'm not the most familiar with the Registry so my digging hasn't turned up anything helpful.

Anybody have know where this might be?

:)

JordanBeardmore, May 19, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

Settings icon missing from the Start Menu in Windows 10

Hello Venkatesh,

This issue might have occurred if you have disabled the settings icon from the Start Menu. I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Click Start, type
      Start settings and click the Start settings in results

• Click "Choose which folders appear on Start"

• Enable "Settings" toggle button.

Hope this helps. Write back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance.

Arul_D, May 19, 2020
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    Start menu and settings both wont open.

Hello Robert,

As per the description of the issue, you are unable to open both Windows Settings and Start menu. For us to resolve this issue, we suggest that you perform troubleshooting. Here's an

article
    that you can go to. In here, you'll see solutions to resolve Start menu issues.

To resolve Windows Settings issue, kindly follow the steps listed below:

• Boot into Safe Mode.
    • Open a command prompt windows.
    • Type sfc/scannow, and then hit Enter.
    • Once it's finished, restart the computer to check if the issue still persists.

If the issue still persists after doing the steps above, kindly refer to this
    link
    for further troubleshooting.

Let us know if the resolution provided works.

Paolo Mag, May 19, 2020
  4. YanAndrew Win User

Start Menu registry settings

Registry Editor Missing from Administrative Tools in Start menu

The Registry Editor was never listed in Administrative Tools in the Start menu in the earlier versions of Windows 10 and previous versions of Windows. It is only in the recent couple of Windows 10 updates that it was included there. I guess I only have my itchy hands to blame for manually adding it before the updates came my way and therefore breaking it.

No worries, Guys. Thank you very much All for your inputs and suggestions. I appreciate it.

Have a good day wherever you are,
    Andrew

YanAndrew, May 19, 2020
Thema:

Start Menu registry settings

1. Start Menu registry settings - Similar Threads - Start Menu registry

2. Registry Cheat on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry Cheat on Start Menu: After I upgraded to windows 11 I discovered that it won't support the hideable start menu on the left side of the screen that I've been using for 10+ years.I had to buy a reconditioned desktop PC with Windows 10 after my old one died last week after HP downloaded a new bios...
  3. Registry Cheat on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Registry Cheat on Start Menu: After I upgraded to windows 11 I discovered that it won't support the hideable start menu on the left side of the screen that I've been using for 10+ years.I had to buy a reconditioned desktop PC with Windows 10 after my old one died last week after HP downloaded a new bios...
  4. Registry Cheat on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Start Menu List - Settings

Start Menu List - Settings: It's already listed on the Start Menu just below my User Icon (red arrow), so does anyone know how to remove the Settings icon from the Start Menu list (red circle)? [img] 173783
  6. Start Menu and Settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start Menu and Settings: My laptop has had this problem for about a week but i got by without it being a pain until today. When I click on the Start button or search icon on my taskbar nothing happens. I also tried following an online tutorial made by BT which says to go into task manager and run a...
  7. Start menu and settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Start menu and settings: Hi , i recently upgraded my windows 10 version from 1903 to 1909 with update assistant. I got to the point where the update asks you whether to upgrade now or later and choose later. i later on restarted to upgrade (which was incredibly faster than normal updates) but then...
  8. Start Menu and Settings problems.

Start Menu and Settings problems.: After applying the most recent forced update my start menu no longer works. Clicking on the button or attempting to type into the search bar does not function and there is a significant decrease in performance. What I've tried so far to fix it: 1. Restarting the...
  9. start menu settings

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu settings: is it possible to change the start menu settings for the number of items in the jump menus? when i go into the taskbar and navigation menu through the control panel, i don't get a tab to switch to the start menu's settings. 44421
  10. Start menu jumplist settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu jumplist settings: In W7, if you hover over an app on the start menu, recent documents are displayed automatically. In W10 it seems you have to click on the jumplist arrow. Is there any way to change this in W10? 18775

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 start menu registry