Windows 10: Start Menu Reposition to center monitor of 3 monitor wide screen setup

Discus and support Start Menu Reposition to center monitor of 3 monitor wide screen setup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have just upgraded from win 7 ultimate to win 10 pro on my gaming computer. I have 3 monitors set to act as one wide desktop. Currently the Win 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hurkeybird, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Start Menu Reposition to center monitor of 3 monitor wide screen setup

I have just upgraded from win 7 ultimate to win 10 pro on my gaming computer. I have 3 monitors set to act as one wide desktop. Currently the Win 10 start menu positions to the far left of the left monitor. Is there a way to reposition it (in it's entirety) to he center monitor (in other words the center of the wide screen desktop) including the far left column of the start menu? I know I can drag all the icons to the center screen but that still leaves the left hand column all the way to the left which is not what I want.

:)

hurkeybird, Apr 25, 2017
  2. ARBYTOO Win User

Windows 10 Apps on twin monitors

I have upgraded to Windows 10.

I have a twin monitor setup.

In 8.1 if I clicked on a task bar icon, or full screen live tile, the program started on the same monitor as the task bar.

In 10 the program always opens on the main monitor.

The display is "extended" over the two monitors and works fine other than this.

I can reposition the program to the second monitor, but once closed it will always reopen on the main monitor.

Anyone got any ideas?

ARBYTOO, Apr 25, 2017
  3. ARBYTOO Win User
    Opening programs on a twin monitor setup

I have upgraded to Windows 10.

I have a twin monitor setup.

In 8.1 if I clicked on a task bar icon, or full screen live tile, the program started on the same monitor as the task bar.

In 10 the program always opens on the main monitor.

The display is "extended" over the two monitors and works fine other than this.

I can reposition the program to the second monitor, but once closed it will always reopen on the main monitor.

Anyone got any ideas?

ARBYTOO, Apr 25, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Start Menu Reposition to center monitor of 3 monitor wide screen setup

Hi, you can set it full screen, but I doubt that's what you'd want.

dalchina, Apr 25, 2017
  5. No, I did that and it still show everything to the left. Was able to move icons to center screen but the left column will not move from left edge of left monitor.

hurkeybird, Apr 25, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    That's the limit of what you can do I'm afraid. I've not seen a start menu replacement that isn't left oriented. And please note that if you have categorised start menu folders and sub-sub folders inherited from Win 7, Win 10's start menu extracts the shortcuts from the deeper folders and lists them alphabetically.

Think
    Help
    Help
    Help
    Help

from different programs.

You may find you like Classic Shell much better (free). That gives you all the features of XP and Win 7 menus and more. But still left oriented.

dalchina, Apr 25, 2017
  7. I don't think you can do that when you have your display spanned across multiple monitors. As far as Windows is concerned its just one big monitor. Your only options are top bottom, left side or right side. In the normal Windows Extend mode the Start menu is on all monitors. That's the way I run my triple monitor setup.

alphanumeric, Apr 25, 2017
  8. Ztruker Win User

Did it work as you wanted in with Windows 7?

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Start Menu Reposition to center monitor of 3 monitor wide screen setup - Similar Threads - Start Menu Reposition

2. 3 Monitor Setup: Monitor 2&3 Are lagging when gaming on Monitor 1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3 Monitor Setup: Monitor 2&3 Are lagging when gaming on Monitor 1: Hi,I have Win 11 23H2 x64 running on:Ryzen 9 7900x3d, RTX 2080ti, 64gb DDR5 RamThe system operates on a 3 Monitor Setup all 144hz or higher.obviously i want to use my 3 monitors while gaming so I play on main monitor and additionally watch a stream or videos on second...
  3. 3 Monitor Setup: Monitor 2&3 Are lagging when gaming on Monitor 1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3 Monitor Setup: Monitor 2&3 Are lagging when gaming on Monitor 1: Hi,I have Win 11 23H2 x64 running on:Ryzen 9 7900x3d, RTX 2080ti, 64gb DDR5 RamThe system operates on a 3 Monitor Setup all 144hz or higher.obviously i want to use my 3 monitors while gaming so I play on main monitor and additionally watch a stream or videos on second...
  4. Start Menu on Secondary Monitor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu on Secondary Monitor.: Hello, because of my job i have a crazy 4 monitor setup. My main monitor in the windows settings is the middle one but i moved the main task bar to the top monitor. Everything is working fine and like intendet. The only thing that really really enoyes me is that when i click...
  5. 3 Monitors Setup

in Windows 10 Customization
    3 Monitors Setup: How can I use 3 monitors 1 Dell Notebook and 2 Dell Monitors as extended screens using a VGA splitter? Could a Virtual Desktop Manager solve the Mirroring issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3-monitors-setup/49f92c7b-ec69-42d2-ad0e-bc90c2636c35
  6. Trying to get taskbar on center monitor of 3 monitors in surround mode as one screen

Trying to get taskbar on center monitor of 3 monitors in surround mode as one screen: I have 3 3440 x1440 monitors connected to an RTX 3090 graphics card. I have the monitors set up in the Nvidia surround mode as one monitor 10340 x 1440. Under taskbar settings, you can set the taskbar to top, bottom, left, and right monitor locations. What I would like to...
  7. 3 monitor setup; cursor issue.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    3 monitor setup; cursor issue.: [ATTACH] Hi there, Monitors 1, 2 & 3 I just got a 3rd monitor (1) and decided to stack my current monitors vertically (2 & 3). Everything hooked up and works fine, but I can't seem to figure out how to move my cursor between monitors 2 & 3 without moving it through...
  8. 3 Monitor Setup Questions

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    3 Monitor Setup Questions: Hey all. How would one connect 3 external monitors to the dell xps 15 9550? I currently have 2 monitors 24' 1920x1200 connected to my monitors. One is the hdmi to hdmi to a monitor, the other is the usb-c to display port on the other monitor. I also have a 3rd cable... usb-c...
  9. 3 Monitor Setup Lagging

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    3 Monitor Setup Lagging: I have 3 monitors...2 are 240hz 1080p and one is 1080p 75hz I have a 2070 and 16 GB 2600mhz but whenever I put any media item like youtube or an mp4 file on the 75 hz monitor it will lag and pause and buffer...and when it lags, my whole computer lags. But when i put media on...
  10. Make screen fill wide monitor

Make screen fill wide monitor: I'm using a 32" tv as a monitor. The TV has a VGA port and will work with a setting of 1024 X 768 If I go to a higher setting the TV won't accept it. The desktop used to fill the screen from side to side but has changed lately so that the display is a square in the middle...