Windows 10: Start Menu - Right-Click

Discus and support Start Menu - Right-Click in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello,In the "Start Menu" there are two types of icons - one is a square with a folder icon on it, the other is a square with the program's icon.Now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Motim, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Motim Win User

Start Menu - Right-Click

Hello,In the "Start Menu" there are two types of icons - one is a square with a folder icon on it, the other is a square with the program's icon.Now 'folder icons' have no right-click sub-menu, the others with a program icon have a right-click sub-menu.In the sub-items of a "folder-icon" there is a right-click sub-menu.Have not noticed it before and cannot remember how it was before the upgrade.My question - Is it normal or something wrong ? (If wrong, how to fix it)Attached to demonstrate: "Start Menu Screenshots.jpg": A - right-click on a "folder icon", B - right-click on a program's icon,
    C - right-click on a sub-item from the "folder-icon"Answers will be appreciatedThanks
    (Windows version 1809 x64 build 832)

:)

Motim, Oct 31, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. Start menu not working

I found the following article, ran the suggested powershell command and my start menu is working again. Here it is as I found it:
    Go to Start menu button and right click on it. This will open the contextual menu, after which you need to select Command Prompt (Admin). Once Command Prompt is open, go ahead with the following steps.

• Type and enter: Powershell
    • Type the following: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Don Donadio, Oct 31, 2019
  4. John Sarc Win User

Start Menu - Right-Click

Start Menu

Hi,

To pin a website to Start, see the steps below:

• Click on the ellipsis button (three vertical dots) at the upper-right corner of the page >
      Pin this page to Start.
    • After doing that, the page should show up on the Start menu as one of the tiles.

Let us know what happens after following the steps.

John Sarc, Oct 31, 2019
Thema:

Start Menu - Right-Click

1. Start Menu - Right-Click - Similar Threads - Start Menu Right

2. Start menu right click menu not highlighting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu right click menu not highlighting: When I go to the start menu, type in an application like cmd, then try to right click, the menu no longer highlights. Is there a fix for this problem? Thank you....
  3. Start menu right click menu not highlighting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu right click menu not highlighting: When I go to the start menu, type in an application like cmd, then try to right click, the menu no longer highlights. Is there a fix for this problem? Thank you....
  4. Right-click on start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right-click on start menu: When I right-click on the Start menu in Windows 10, it brings up the options menu and when I select Task manager nothing happens. This also happens when I try to select Device Manager, Event Viewer, Disk Manager, Computer Manager, Windows Powershell and Admin, and File...
  5. Right-click on start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right-click on start menu: When I right-click on the Start menu in Windows 10, it brings up the options menu and when I select Task manager nothing happens. This also happens when I try to select Device Manager, Event Viewer, Disk Manager, Computer Manager, Windows Powershell and Admin, and File...
  6. Right-click on start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Restore Right Click on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restore Right Click on Start Menu: Hello,I discovered lately that the right click on some of the entries in the start menu just do not work, while some do. The ones that don't work seem to be associated with admin management, like Device Manager, Disk Manager, etc. Can the problem be fixed? Many people have...
  8. right click start menu missing?????

right click start menu missing?????: i have a issues where the right click start menu windows icon does nothing anymore for some reasons i was seeing all administrator tools like command prompt event viewer or disk management but now the right click with the mouse doesnt show the 2nd menu anymore someone have...
  9. Right click Start Menu

Right click Start Menu: Last few insider builds (not necessarily because of it) Most of items in Start menu's just don't do anything. Command prompt/, Disk management, Device manager, Task manager etc. Other shortcuts for them work, each one when started from anywhere else works. I made links for...
  10. Start menu programs right click

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu programs right click: Hello, recently I have reinstalled my windows, and after few days, after right clicking on my apps in start menu several options, which have been previously, disappeared. I can't uninstall, resize, or pin apps to start. Right clicking only show 'more' with sub-menu. Does...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. menu name right click on start munu icon