Windows 10: start menu right side doesn't show and is blank when expanded

Discus and support start menu right side doesn't show and is blank when expanded in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; in my start menu the right side doesn't show when I open it and when I expand it I don't have any live tiles or apps, it just shows as blank.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by 03.batool, Sep 27, 2020.

1. 03.batool Win User

start menu right side doesn't show and is blank when expanded

in my start menu the right side doesn't show when I open it and when I expand it I don't have any live tiles or apps, it just shows as blank.

:)

03.batool, Sep 27, 2020

2. windows right click menu shows blank

Hello,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Start menu showing up blank on your system. We will certainly help you with this issue.

• How often does this issue occurs?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?

This issue could be due to missing or corrupted files present on your system. We suggest you to try the steps from the below Microsoft Help article and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 27, 2020
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

start menu right side doesn't show and is blank when expanded [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Sep 27, 2020
  4. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Thema:

1. start menu right side doesn't show and is blank when expanded - Similar Threads - start menu right

2. right side of context menu not showing properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    right side of context menu not showing properly: Hey guys. The right side of my contextright click menu is having issues when I right click on programs, apps and certain file formats but not when I right click on folders.It also glitches on certain occasions with folders too.I also have the latest windows updates and...
  3. right side of context menu not showing properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    right side of context menu not showing properly: Hey guys. The right side of my contextright click menu is having issues when I right click on programs, apps and certain file formats but not when I right click on folders.It also glitches on certain occasions with folders too.I also have the latest windows updates and...
  4. Apps on start menu right side not appearing on left side alpha list.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps on start menu right side not appearing on left side alpha list.: How do I get them on the alpha list? submitted by /u/richfield1945 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jvf33o/apps_on_start_menu_right_side_not_appearing_on/
  5. Show windows side by side not working right

in Windows 10 Customization
    Show windows side by side not working right: When I try to use the "Show windows side by side" option, more often than not, the windows will not tile correctly. Windows seems to think there are some invisible applications/programs running. see image. The only ways I have found to remedy this are: Reboot Sign out...
  6. Prevent Start Menu side bar from expanding out?

Prevent Start Menu side bar from expanding out?: Is there a way to stop the power icon (or settings, file explorer etc) from expanding out to the side when my mouse hovers over it for half a second? I know that's the power button, that's why I've put my mouse there, the fact it expands itself out means more often than not...
  7. start menu auto expand.

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu auto expand.: Does any one know how to enable the new start menu auto-expand side icons? link to feature article: https://www.windowslatest.com/2018/1...ane-behaviour/ thanx in advance! 131510
  8. Start menu doesn't show up

Start menu doesn't show up: HI, my pc is having this simple problem: when left clicking on the start icon the start menu doesn't show up, instead the icon background chances colour from black to white. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Other info: - full screen start menu mode works. - the start menu works with...
  9. Expand the start menu (left side)

in Windows 10 Support
    Expand the start menu (left side): Perhaps I'm missing something but can the left side (non tiled side) of the start menu be expanded? If so, how? [img] I kind of find it a bit annoying that I can't expand that side out a little so I can easily read item titles. Thanks. 24456
  10. How to Expand the left side of Start (by default)

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Expand the left side of Start (by default): In Start Menu, on the left there is an expand button, but how can I make it expanded by default (thus hiding that ridiculous huge list of apps by letter) Thanks in advance. 68969