Windows 10: Start menu scaling different than rest of UI.

Discus and support Start menu scaling different than rest of UI. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; A few days ago my start menu seems to be scaled at what I am assuming is at 4k with no scaling to make icons larger. But everything else remains scaled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Z0idberg_MD, Mar 14, 2021.

1. Start menu scaling different than rest of UI.

A few days ago my start menu seems to be scaled at what I am assuming is at 4k with no scaling to make icons larger. But everything else remains scaled (desktop icons, taskbar, notifications)

Is there any way for me to correct this?

submitted by /u/Z0idberg_MD
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Z0idberg_MD, Mar 14, 2021
  2. verysame Win User

Chrome (& chromium) browser scale is bigger than the rest in Windows10

Another workaround that seems to fix the overall Chrome window better is this:
    (source: Fixing common Google Chrome Scaling Problems on Windows 10)

In my case, this is what I did:

Start menu scaling different than rest of UI. [​IMG]

Now the overall UI looks consistent with the rest of Windows general scale, except for the tabs which now show a tiny text.
    Again, not perfect, but very close.
    Hope this can help others in the same situation.

verysame, Mar 14, 2021
  3. Age of Empires UI Scaling

Can you update the game to include larger UI resolution scaling? I can barely read the text and icons with the UI scale set to maximum. Impossible to play.

Also I sit about 10 feet away from my HDTV not to strain my eyes please update the scaling.

Mudslinger123, Mar 14, 2021
  4. alijcam Win User

Start menu scaling different than rest of UI.

Start Menu Customisation

I like having a decent list of most used apps on the start launch list in W7. I would change to [not] 'large icons' in the start customisation options, then set the start menu size to (say) 20 apps.
    Shaun posed a great solution to restoring the 9879-type 'resizable' start menu on 9926 (thanks!), but tinkering with the registry entries that controlled the icon sizes in W7 doesn't seem to work in W10TP.
    However, there is clearly some mechanism that configures the 'all programs' list to use small icons
    Anyone have any suggestions to change the main start list to small(er) icons?

I suppose what i'm wanting is the W7 desktop back - and that's probably not far from the truth; for a desktop user, the W7 Aero presentation was smart, nice to look at, and more productive because it had better delineation between content and functional zones that the Playschool (is this to become the new name for it?) UI doesn't seem to have (for me).

Retain the options to allow the users the options to configure the UI presentation the way they are happiest with, and perhaps then do the analytics to see what everyone chooses?

alijcam, Mar 14, 2021
Thema:

Start menu scaling different than rest of UI.

1. Start menu scaling different than rest of UI. - Similar Threads - Start menu scaling

2. Issues with UI scaling on only parts of the UI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with UI scaling on only parts of the UI: I turned on my Windows 10 system to discover a weird issue with the UI where portions of the UI is massive and much of the rest of the UI is normal. The system was shut down the night prior through the start menu with no issues. Yes, the ui scale is set to 100% in the start...
  3. Issues with UI scaling on only parts of the UI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with UI scaling on only parts of the UI: I turned on my Windows 10 system to discover a weird issue with the UI where portions of the UI is massive and much of the rest of the UI is normal. The system was shut down the night prior through the start menu with no issues. Yes, the ui scale is set to 100% in the start...
  4. Issues with UI scaling on only parts of the UI

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can you alter the UI scale of a program without changing the UI scale of Windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can you alter the UI scale of a program without changing the UI scale of Windows?: I've just bought a large 1440p monitor. I like the Windows 10 UI at the smaller size owing to the 1440p resolution, but I'd prefer my programs to be scaled a little larger. Is there any way to scale programs independently of Windows? submitted by /u/Mega_Dunsparce [link]...
  6. Start menu different

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu different: Split from this thread. I recently downloaded an update of Copic search.; They changed the start menu. How can I revert to the prior format? I have since deleted the program as I was advised that it is not secure by my McCaffrey...
  7. Age of Empires UI Scaling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Age of Empires UI Scaling: Can you update the game to include larger UI resolution scaling? I can barely read the text and icons with the UI scale set to maximum. Impossible to play. Also I sit about 10 feet away from my HDTV not to strain my eyes please update the scaling....
  8. Chrome (& chromium) browser scale is bigger than the rest in Windows10

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome (& chromium) browser scale is bigger than the rest in Windows10: Hi there, Something happened after one of the latest Win10 updates. I use a UHD monitor and in order to have a reasonable good scale, I changed the scale size under the Display settings up to 125% as that's the perfect spot for my eyes. Something happened lately though, as...
  9. Chrome (& chromium) browser scale is bigger than the rest in Windows10

in Windows 10 Support
    Chrome (& chromium) browser scale is bigger than the rest in Windows10: Hi there, Something happened after one of the latest Win10 updates. I use a UHD monitor and in order to have a reasonable good scale, I changed the scale size under the Display settings up to 125% as that's the perfect spot for my eyes. Something happened lately though, as...
  10. Win10 and its UI Scaling

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10 and its UI Scaling: Hello, I just built a new PC and made the move from win7 to win 10. I am being driven up a wall with some of these problems though. When on my recommended resolution : 3840 x 2160 with scale and layout set to 225% things look to be the right size (the text does, but the...