Windows 10: Start Menu , Search and Notifications not work

Discus and support Start Menu , Search and Notifications not work in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello , suddenly my start menu , search and notifications not work. Even if i click on it it dont opens. I did this solution with this copy pasta at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Suigen3ris, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Start Menu , Search and Notifications not work

Hello , suddenly my start menu , search and notifications not work. Even if i click on it it dont opens. I did this solution with this copy pasta at PowerShell but dont works : Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Pls help me?
    Thx in advance

:)

Suigen3ris, Aug 3, 2015

2. Start Menu and search does not work

Hi Angie,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the assistance required to help you resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

As per the information that you have provided, it appears that your Start Menu and search is not working. If that is so, I suggest that you follow the methods below:

Method 1: SFC

System File Checker [SFC] scan on the computer which will replace the missing or corrupt files & check if the issue persists.

a. Right click on the Start Menu, locate and select Command Prompt (Admin).

Note: If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.

b. Type the following command, and then press
    ENTER
    :

sfc /scannow

Method 2: DISM

Follow the steps to Run DISM Commands:

1) Press Windows + x on your keyboard.

2) Select Command prompt (Admin) to open Administrator Command Prompt.

3) In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press the Enter key after each command:

dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Method 3:

Refer to the article Troubleshoot Start menu and Cortana
    provided in the link below and check if it helps rectify your issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/get-help-windows-start-menu

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Aug 3, 2015
  3. Start Menu and search does not work

Push Microsoft Icon on Bottom of Taskbar, which I have to use left click to open, push Search get NOTHING? Don't ask me to be more specific, if you don't understand this you can't answer the question.

Push Microsoft Icon on Bottom of Taskbar, which I have to use left click to open, push Search get NOTHING?- Original Title

AngelaMaxwell, Aug 3, 2015
  4. Imjinman Win User

Start Menu , Search and Notifications not work

Same here- but I use Stardock Start10 menu which works fine and soooo much better (ie the same as Win7). Why Microsoft changed it I don't know. But I still can't get Search and Action Centre like you :-(

Imjinman, Aug 8, 2015
Thema:

Start Menu , Search and Notifications not work

1. Start Menu , Search and Notifications not work - Similar Threads - Start Menu Search

2. Start menu search not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu search not working?: Hello! I discovered a few days ago that my start menu/task bar search menu no longer works. When I click either, I am unable to type. Additionally, I have noticed that when I open the start menu, I no longer have any 'recommended's on display:Does anyone have a guess as to...
  3. Setting, start menu, notification center, search menu not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting, start menu, notification center, search menu not working: Hello, after recent updates from Windows, I've found a lot of problems. I can't access the start menu, search menu, action center, task bar, as well as setting. When I try to use the keyboard shortcut to open the settings, it said something along the line like 'Class Not...
  4. start menu search not working

in Cortana
    start menu search not working: Hello, The start menu search has stopped working, please help me fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-search-not-working/17d1856e-511b-4649-b2e3-d3d4c1fc1e52
  5. Start Menu Search not working

in Cortana
    Start Menu Search not working: Hello, I have updated latest feature windows version 2004 in June. After this feature update my start menu searching is not worked and it is little bit slow. Could you please help me with this issue ? Regards, Bhavesh...
  6. Start menu, settings, search and notifications are not opening

Start menu, settings, search and notifications are not opening: Since a few days I cannot open any standard microsoft apps. While typing this I also noticed that pressing anything like sound, internet icon, language or battery on the taskbar doesn't work either. Sadly there doesn't seem to be a new update for Windows 10, and installing...
  7. Start Menu Search Not Working

Start Menu Search Not Working: When I search for files using the regular Windows Explorer when in a folder it works fine. When I press the windows key and type something it now shoes completely empty. I have tried a lot of things within Windows to fix this such as rebuilding the index for search but that...
  8. problem with start menu, search and new notifications

in Windows 10 Support
    problem with start menu, search and new notifications: I'm having a problem with the start menu, search and new notifications not responding to a click. I think it might be tied to the fact I am using a local logon only. I have created a new user that logs onto Microsoft that doesn't seem to have this problem. I saw this in the...
  9. Start Menu Search not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Search not working: When I start my computer, my Start Menu Search sometimes gets stuck in a start up or searching loop. The start menu itself works if I am just using my mouse to click icons. The issue is hitting the Windows button on my keyboard and typing. What is strange is that when...
  10. Start Menu, Search, and Volume toggle in Notification area not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu, Search, and Volume toggle in Notification area not working: So, this last update seems to have killed the start menu again. After reboot, it might work, it might not, but not too long there-after it just quits working all-together if it was working before. Same with search and Volume toggle. Dang! Mines an AMD machine which is perhaps...