Windows 10: Start menu, search and other apps won't start from task bar

Discus and support Start menu, search and other apps won't start from task bar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have just upgraded from Win 7 Ultimate to Win 10 build 10240 The sart menu button does not activate anything, search doesn't either,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Shai, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Shai Win User

Start menu, search and other apps won't start from task bar

Hello,

I have just upgraded from Win 7 Ultimate to Win 10 build 10240

The sart menu button does not activate anything, search doesn't either, Notification bubble does not open anything either.

Safe mode produces same behaviour, I have uninstalled AVG Anti virus as some people were correlating AV software with this behaviour.

I also ran a system checker as suggested in some forums.

Nada.

I can right click on the start button but not left click

Please help!

:)

Shai, Aug 8, 2015
  2. loyall Win User

In Win 10 some apps are not listed in the Start Menu

Thank you Dustin,

These two programs were pinned to my Task Bar during the update to Win 10, but they are not listed in the Start Menu either in All Apps or Most Used. How can I move these links from the Task Bar to the Start Menu?

By-the-way typing these programs into the search bar on the Task Bar does not find anything.

loyall, Aug 8, 2015
  3. Critical Error: Start Menu and Cortana aren't working. Windows 10 Build 10240

For me my whole entire task bar isn't working. Pressing the Start menu and search bar won't launch anything. Any advice?

Zachary Chiu, Aug 8, 2015
  4. SirChick Win User

I have this issue with Chrome ! Clicking it does nothing ! Have to right click and then select Chrome again in the sub-menu - very frustrating.

SirChick, Aug 8, 2015
Thema:

1. Start menu, search and other apps won't start from task bar - Similar Threads - Start menu search

2. Search bar, task bar, start menu and many other programs not working. System is freezed.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Search bar, task bar, start menu and many other programs not working. System is freezed.: Hello,Various Windows functions no longer work on several Windows computers:- Windows Search; it is no longer possible to open the start menu and enter a word- Windows Updates; When I open the Windows Updates view in Computer Settings, only the three dots appear. It does not...
  3. Search not starting from start menu

in Cortana
    Search not starting from start menu: Hi,I recently started using my laptop after not using it for a while and the search doesn't seem to be working anymore.Normally to search I hit the windows key and start typing, the search results load in immediately.Now I hit the windows key and start typing, nothing happens...
  4. Search Bar, Start Bar and apps installed from Microsoft Apps not starting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Search Bar, Start Bar and apps installed from Microsoft Apps not starting: So, this issue started two days ago after the Windows installed "2021-05 Cumulative for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems KB5003173". Since then, I am not able to run any app installed through Microsoft Store. The search bar is also completely unresponsive, so is...
  5. Errro with Start Menu and start search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Errro with Start Menu and start search bar: I need help with the error in the image attached. I don't know if it is a virus. I have updated windows but still this problem. I can't type in Microsoft word document i get this \\\\\ where every i try to type. The image below is when i try to open the start menu.[ATTACH]...
  6. search in start menu and "search box" on task bar not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    search in start menu and "search box" on task bar not working: Hello, no idea why but typing in my start menu and search box suddenly doesn't work. Oddly after playing around with powershell and some tips online (see below) I have gone from nothing appearing in the search box when I type to only the first character of whatever I type...
  7. No Search Bar in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Search Bar in Start Menu: Hello, My start menu has no search bar. I looked this up on the forum, and one answer was to go into Control Panel -> Programs & Features -> Turn Windows features on or off -> check mark the box for 'Windows Search' -> Reboot. Problem 1: 'Windows Search' is not on my list...
  8. Start Menu Search Bar

in Cortana
    Start Menu Search Bar: Prior versions of windows allowed me to hit the handy-dandy start-menu button, type a document name in the search bar, and recent documents I pulled up with the search words would show up - the charm of that feature was that I could close a document or spreadsheet confident...
  9. Start Menu Search Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Search Bar: [ATTACH] I messed up something and now when ever i type something in the start menu search bar, i see a preview pane like something (containing open,open file location,pin to start,pin to taskbar)beside the search results.I don't want my search bar like this, i want my...
  10. Search Bar Missing From Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Bar Missing From Start Menu: Hello everybody, I am having some trouble with my start menu. Originally, at the bottom there was a search bar. Then I installed Start10, made some changes, and then decided to uninstall the program and go back to the default start menu. The uninstallation required a...