Windows 10: Start menu, search, and other icons in taskbar no longer function

Discus and support Start menu, search, and other icons in taskbar no longer function in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11. Today, the first four icons in the task bar stopped responding to the mouse including the start menu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Da'ud Vyd, Jan 30, 2022.

1. Da'ud Vyd Win User

Start menu, search, and other icons in taskbar no longer function

I recently upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11. Today, the first four icons in the task bar stopped responding to the mouse including the start menu and search function see image of affected icons. The start menu still opens when I push the appropriate key on my keyboard. What causes this and how can I fix it? Thank you for your help.

:)

Da'ud Vyd, Jan 30, 2022

2. Taskbar search icon and start menu search not working

Pressing the taskbar SEARCH icon (no drop down), or searching by typing after selecting the START menu (automated search), no longer works on our Windows 10 system. We upgraded recently from Windows 7 and the search features initially appeared to function.
    However, the features are now non-responsive.

Many people are experiencing similar problems and many of the solutions don't seem to be working, including the 'Search and Indexing' troubleshooter. We did activate the menus one time by HIDING the search icon on the taskbar and then turning it ON. It
    seemed to refresh the feature, but only worked for a few hours before behaving badly again.

Honest Abe, Jan 30, 2022
  3. Darknova Win User
    Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Jan 30, 2022
  4. psyko12 Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

Hey guys I need your help fixing the default access icon on the start menu, as far as google searches suggested default user access and all it only fixes the IE icon, but when I chose fire fox to display it's just a globe when clicked on it still displays IE's properties but doesn't start firefox instead. Help please? *Respect :respect:*Cry :cry:

BTW it was not like this before, I just wanted a clean install for my browser.

Start menu, search, and other icons in taskbar no longer function prob.jpg

psyko12, Jan 30, 2022
Thema:

1. Start menu, search, and other icons in taskbar no longer function - Similar Threads - Start menu search

2. Start menu and taskbar not functioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu and taskbar not functioning: The start menu today is not working even taskbar does not respond and will make my Windows freeze however the strange thing is the search box is working properly without problem. I can make searches and will provide result on the other hand start menu failed to launch every...
  3. Start menu and taskbar not functioning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu and taskbar not functioning: The start menu today is not working even taskbar does not respond and will make my Windows freeze however the strange thing is the search box is working properly without problem. I can make searches and will provide result on the other hand start menu failed to launch every...
  4. Start menu and taskbar not functioning

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Start menu, search, and other icons in taskbar no longer function

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu, search, and other icons in taskbar no longer function: I recently upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11. Today, the first four icons in the task bar stopped responding to the mouse including the start menu and search function see image of affected icons. The start menu still opens when I push the appropriate key on my keyboard....
  6. Start menu and Search function not accessible

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu and Search function not accessible: Windows 10 Home 64-bit. Build: 19042.985Hi;after the last Windows update 14/5 I cannot access my Start menu, nor use the search function. I am not sure if the update is the cause or not.Here is what I have tried so far:1. Restarting the computer.2. Ran SFC utility corrupt...
  7. start menu and taskbar is not functioning

start menu and taskbar is not functioning: what should I do to fix the start menu and taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-and-taskbar-is-not-functioning/83811cce-2f9b-43de-9a33-7036cdec4a22
  8. Taskbar icons. start menu, action center not functioning

Taskbar icons. start menu, action center not functioning: Please help, taskbar icons (Windows app icons e.g. edge, win store, calculator, win defender, etc.), that includes windows start menu and action center icosns does not function when you click. how to solve. thank you...
  9. Lost Start menu search function

Lost Start menu search function: I'm creating a custom image of Windows 10 Pro and am implementing my usual settings, programs and tweaks as I have with prior versions of Windows. I'm sure I'll have a few other questions along the way as I complete this task but my main problem is my Search function in...
  10. Non-Functioning Start Menu / Missing taskbar Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Non-Functioning Start Menu / Missing taskbar Icons: I seem to remember running across a post here regarding the problem with a non-functioning Start Menu button and missing or non-functioning taskbar icons that indicated this issue had been fixed in the Anniversary Update. Well I don't think so. I was playing with a brand new...