Windows 10: Start menu, search, and right clicking taskbar doesn't work

Discus and support Start menu, search, and right clicking taskbar doesn't work in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi i notice that overtime, my star menu, search bar, and/or right click taskbar doesn't work unless i restart the computer or restart Windows Explorer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by imeem, Dec 7, 2015.

1. imeem Win User

Start menu, search, and right clicking taskbar doesn't work

Hi i notice that overtime, my star menu, search bar, and/or right click taskbar doesn't work unless i restart the computer or restart Windows Explorer in task manager. I have a feeling standing by my pc is causing this.

Any1 know why this is happening? my computer is updated. I did those DISM commands and sfc /scannow but this still happens.

:)

imeem, Dec 7, 2015

2. Strange behavior of taskbar menu

Since i've installed latest updates strange behavior of taskbar menu appears: context menu called by right mb click doesn't work. Also I can't invoke search and left mb click on start doesn't work.

HOw can i solve this issue?

ПремьерВзлет, Dec 7, 2015
  3. #MikeF Win User
    How to launch an installed app outside of Store

Sorry, Windows Scan doesn't appear under Recently Added Programs. And if I search for "windows scan" with Cortana, the results list contains one entry that just points to the Store and the other entries don't allow a right click at all.

#MikeF, Dec 7, 2015
Thema:

Start menu, search, and right clicking taskbar doesn't work

1. Start menu, search, and right clicking taskbar doesn't work - Similar Threads - Start menu search

2. Start menu doesn't click

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu doesn't click: one machine we manage doesn't open the start menu when clcked. when a local user logs on to this machine with Admin rights the Start menu does not work. Also when i remote onto the pc I can't elevate permissions or install our remote app. We can't access things like...
  3. Huge issue. Start button, Notification's menu, right clicking taskbar apps, and search is...

Huge issue. Start button, Notification's menu, right clicking taskbar apps, and search is...: I've already tried basically everything I can find on this issue except for the powershell thing. I can't right click the taskbar icon to open it as admin, as it gives no right click menu. I've tried creating new user accounts and doing a whole arrangement of things in CMD...
  4. Start Menu Search Doesn't Work or Respond!!

in Cortana
    Start Menu Search Doesn't Work or Respond!!: I've been trying to fix this problem but the methods in YouTube doesn't seem to help or fix. i don't want to wait for another update fix or refresh my PC. does anyone have a solution to fix this? [ATTACH]...
  5. Right click doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Right click doesn't work: I have a Microsoft HP Envy and the right click on the touchpad stopped working all of a sudden. Maybe the updates had something to do with it? I don't know how to fix it. The left click works fine....
  6. Start menu typing search doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu typing search doesn't work: I thought I could just type "rege" and get Regedit result right away. No. I need to type the whole name. What's going on? The Windows Search service is running. I disabled Cortana, but that shouldn't matter, should it? 112057
  7. Right click Start Menu

Right click Start Menu: Last few insider builds (not necessarily because of it) Most of items in Start menu's just don't do anything. Command prompt/, Disk management, Device manager, Task manager etc. Other shortcuts for them work, each one when started from anywhere else works. I made links for...
  8. Right Click Taskbar Menu

Right Click Taskbar Menu: Not sure if possible but can you add to this menu? 27413
  9. Right Click start menu items do not work

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Click start menu items do not work: I updated to windows 10 last week and everything worked. Now if I right click on the start menu, the context menu items other than Run, shut down, search or desktop no longer do anything. Cortana always asks me to switch my speech language, but if I ignore that it works and...
  10. Right Clicking Start Menu Items not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Clicking Start Menu Items not Working: Hi all. This is my first post. Using win 10. The Issue i'm having is that when I right click on the Windows Start Icon, I get a list of menu items: Apps features power options event viewer * system, device manager* network connections disk management* computer...