Windows 10: Start Menu, Search bar, all Windows Apps and Notification Center not working after last update

Discus and support Start Menu, Search bar, all Windows Apps and Notification Center not working after last update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Start menu, search bar, all Windows Apps and Notification Center don't work anymore. They simply don't open. I've installed Windows updates, restarted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by juliankuder, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Start Menu, Search bar, all Windows Apps and Notification Center not working after last update

Start menu, search bar, all Windows Apps and Notification Center don't work anymore. They simply don't open. I've installed Windows updates, restarted my Computer, tried creating a new user, tried using system repair and reinstalling windows apps via power shell. Nothing worked as of yet. If anyone knows what the issue could be I'd really appreciate the help.

:)

juliankuder, Feb 8, 2020

2. Windows 10 start menu, notification bar and native apps not working

I am running Windows 10 Home edition and I installed update KB 3199986. After installing the update the start menu and the notification bar stopped working. Also I was unable to open any Windows 10 native apps like movies and TV, groove music and windows store. I assumed it was a bug in the update and thought that the next update would fix that work.

I recently installed update KB 3200970 and the problem still persists. Even though the start menu is not working properly the docked icons are working properly.

**Possible causes **

I have recently been seeing activate your Windows notification when I start up the computer even though my Windows 10 Home edition is activated. Also my time is not synchronising properly.

**Tried these solutions **

Solution

The solution suggests me to create a new user profile and check if the start menu is working in that profile. I tried creating a new profile and my start menu is also not working in that new one. I also tried the various commands suggested in that solution but none of them solved my problem.

How can I solve this problem ???

Nirmal Raj, Feb 8, 2020
  3. Unable to access Start menu, Search bar, notification buttons on Task bar after install the Update KB3139907 on Windows 10

Hi John,

Thank you for responding.

We are glad to know that you are able to access Search bar and notification center after performing the above troubleshooting steps.

For the issues with Start menu, try the below steps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the below PowerShell command to re-register Start menu and check if it helps.

Follow:

• Right click on the Taskbar and select
      Task Manager
      from the context menu.

• In the Task Manager window, click on
      File
      and on Run new task.

• Type powershell, place a check mark on
      Create this task with administrative privileges
      and click Ok.

• In the administrative Windows PowerShell window, carefully type the below command and hit Enter key from the keyboard.

• Get-appxpackage -all *shellexperience* -packagetype bundle |% {add-appxpackage -register -disabledevelopmentmode ($_.installlocation + “\appxmetadata\appxbundlemanifest.xml”)}
    5. Once the command execution is completed successfully, close the PowerShell window and reboot/ restart the computer.

NOTE: When you are running the PowerShell command, I recommend you to close all the apps on your system and try.

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the below Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Get help with the Windows 10 Start menu

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 8, 2020
  4. Start Menu, Search bar, all Windows Apps and Notification Center not working after last update

Windows 10 start menu, notification bar and native apps not working

I am running Windows 10 Home edition and I installed update KB 3199986. After installing the update the start menu and the notification bar stopped working. Also I was unable to open any Windows 10 native apps like movies and TV, groove music and windows
    store. I assumed it was a bug in the update and thought that the next update would fix that work.

I recently installed update KB 3200970 and the problem still persists. Even though the start menu is not working properly the docked icons are working properly.

**Possible causes **

I have recently been seeing activate your Windows notification when I start up the computer even though my Windows 10 Home edition is activated. Also my time is not synchronising properly.

**Tried these solutions **

Windows 10 Start menu, notification center, store apps not working

The solution suggests me to create a new user profile and check if the start menu is working in that profile. I tried creating a new profile and my start menu is also not working in that new one. I also tried the various commands suggested in that solution
    but none of them solved my problem.

How can I solve this problem ???

NirmalRaj97, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

Start Menu, Search bar, all Windows Apps and Notification Center not working after last update

1. Start Menu, Search bar, all Windows Apps and Notification Center not working after last update - Similar Threads - Start Menu Search

2. Start menu, Search bar & Microsoft Edge all not working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start menu, Search bar & Microsoft Edge all not working.: I've been working on a computer since yesterday and have had some huge issues trying to update it Windows 10 22H2. I ultimately decided it isn't worth the hassle for now and stopped the service wuauserv so it will stop trying to install anything.Now the problem is that the...
  3. The Start Button/Search Bar and the Notification Menu are not responding and starting on...

in Windows 10 Customization
    The Start Button/Search Bar and the Notification Menu are not responding and starting on...: Every time I click on these icons, I have had absolutely NO response whatsoever except for the transparent effect when my pointer hovers over it. So, If you could answer this question really quickly, I would very much appreciate it !!...
  4. start menu search bar not working

start menu search bar not working: Whenever I click on Start or press the Windows key the start menu won't open. Also, I can't use my search bar. Another problem is that most of my programs that I have installed won't open. For example, whenever I click on Word, Excel, or any app it just keep reloading and...
  5. Setting, start menu, notification center, search menu not working

Setting, start menu, notification center, search menu not working: Hello, after recent updates from Windows, I've found a lot of problems. I can't access the start menu, search menu, action center, task bar, as well as setting. When I try to use the keyboard shortcut to open the settings, it said something along the line like 'Class Not...
  6. Start menu not working after last update

Start menu not working after last update: I have Windows 10 and after the last forced update I cannot access my start menu. The key at the bottom left of my screen does nothing when clicked, quick access on my keyboard also gets no response. I have run several cleanup tasks including an sfc through powershell and...
  7. Start menu and search bar not working

Start menu and search bar not working: When I click on start menu or search bar nothing happen's, this is the same when I try to use the windows button to open the start menu but it works for other things such as windows + L to lock the screen. This the same across all account's on my computer even if I create new...
  8. task bar, my search bar and notification center arent working at all

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    task bar, my search bar and notification center arent working at all: i usually have my search bar on the task bar, i can't find a solution and i wont try any fixing tips from YouTube, also my notification center wont work my speaker volume option isn't working at all,,,, H E L P ! ! !...
  9. Start menu, search bar and all Windows 10 apps not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu, search bar and all Windows 10 apps not working: I'm on 1903. I can't even update to 1909 because settings app doesn't work, neither does the XBox one, nothing. Any know ways to fix this submitted by /u/megajackdark [link] [comments]...
  10. Start Menu , Search and Notifications not work

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu , Search and Notifications not work: Hello , suddenly my start menu , search and notifications not work. Even if i click on it it dont opens. I did this solution with this copy pasta at PowerShell but dont works : Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...