Windows 10: Start Menu, Search Bar, Battery, Internet, Calendar, Notification icons unresponsive

Discus and support Start Menu, Search Bar, Battery, Internet, Calendar, Notification icons unresponsive in Cortana to solve the problem; I have tried every single "solution" on Google, Microsoft communities, and YouTube, and none of them work. I am looking for little known solutions. I... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Michael_Hiler, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Start Menu, Search Bar, Battery, Internet, Calendar, Notification icons unresponsive

I have tried every single "solution" on Google, Microsoft communities, and YouTube, and none of them work. I am looking for little known solutions. I was given some advice on here a day ago about fixing my permissions on Windows 10.Here's my question and the answer.

It was only after I did what he suggested not only didn't it fix the permissions issue I was having, but now the entire Taskbar does not work. I can click on the Apps that are in the Taskbar just fine, but I can do nothing else. I have to CTRL-ALT-DEL every time I want to turn off the computer.

HELP!!!!

:)

Michael_Hiler, Jan 13, 2020
  2. Darknova Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Jan 13, 2020
  3. psyko12 Win User

Hey guys I need your help fixing the default access icon on the start menu, as far as google searches suggested default user access and all it only fixes the IE icon, but when I chose fire fox to display it's just a globe when clicked on it still displays IE's properties but doesn't start firefox instead. Help please? *Respect :respect:*Cry :cry:

BTW it was not like this before, I just wanted a clean install for my browser.

Start Menu, Search Bar, Battery, Internet, Calendar, Notification icons unresponsive [​IMG]

psyko12, Jan 13, 2020
  4. psyko12 Win User

Start Menu, Search Bar, Battery, Internet, Calendar, Notification icons unresponsive

@oil: That's what I did, but unfortunately it's different, it should be like "Internet" and should have the icon of FireFox.

So.. Remove the icon via Start menu properties, uninstall FF (again) and install?

psyko12, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

Start Menu, Search Bar, Battery, Internet, Calendar, Notification icons unresponsive

1. Start Menu, Search Bar, Battery, Internet, Calendar, Notification icons unresponsive - Similar Threads - Start Menu Search

2. Battery Icon Missing in the Notification Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Icon Missing in the Notification Bar: I have a Surface Go 3 with Windows 11 ProThe Battery icon in the System Tray is missing Bottom right of the displayWhen I try to add it to the bar through Settings - Personalization - Taskbar I find there is no battery option to switch on, please help....
  3. Battery Icon Missing in the Notification Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery Icon Missing in the Notification Bar: I have a Surface Go 3 with Windows 11 ProThe Battery icon in the System Tray is missing Bottom right of the displayWhen I try to add it to the bar through Settings - Personalization - Taskbar I find there is no battery option to switch on, please help....
  4. The Start Button/Search Bar and the Notification Menu are not responding and starting on...

in Windows 10 Customization
    The Start Button/Search Bar and the Notification Menu are not responding and starting on...: Every time I click on these icons, I have had absolutely NO response whatsoever except for the transparent effect when my pointer hovers over it. So, If you could answer this question really quickly, I would very much appreciate it !!...
  5. Internet icon and calendar in taskbar unresponsive/not popping up

Internet icon and calendar in taskbar unresponsive/not popping up: A few days ago, I started experiencing problems with the Windows 10 system on my surface book 2. After I clicked the internet icon and the calendar bottom right on my taskbar, there is no pop-up window that shows the options for wifi options and calendar anymore. I've tried...
  6. icon battery on menu bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    icon battery on menu bar: l'icona della batteria e completamente scomparsa dalla barra menu in basso !! quando accendo il notebook compare nella schermata di accesso a window ma poi quando entro in desktop scompare nonostante sia attiva la visualizzazione , nonostante ho provveduto a disattivare e...
  7. Settings App/Start Menu/Battery icon/search bar won't open

Settings App/Start Menu/Battery icon/search bar won't open: As stated in the title, they don't open when I try to click on them. I've already tried to follow all the tutorials, but they're from a long time ago, and I've scanned for malware using malwarebytes but it still doesn't work. Any advice?...
  8. No Search Bar in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Search Bar in Start Menu: Hello, My start menu has no search bar. I looked this up on the forum, and one answer was to go into Control Panel -> Programs & Features -> Turn Windows features on or off -> check mark the box for 'Windows Search' -> Reboot. Problem 1: 'Windows Search' is not on my list...
  9. Start Menu Search Bar

in Cortana
    Start Menu Search Bar: Prior versions of windows allowed me to hit the handy-dandy start-menu button, type a document name in the search bar, and recent documents I pulled up with the search words would show up - the charm of that feature was that I could close a document or spreadsheet confident...
  10. Start Menu Search Bar

Start Menu Search Bar: [ATTACH] I messed up something and now when ever i type something in the start menu search bar, i see a preview pane like something (containing open,open file location,pin to start,pin to taskbar)beside the search results.I don't want my search bar like this, i want my...