Windows 10: Start Menu, Search Box no longer work after 9PB1PFTHHM15-Microsoft.UI.xaml.2.4 installed

Discus and support Start Menu, Search Box no longer work after 9PB1PFTHHM15-Microsoft.UI.xaml.2.4 installed in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; on 6/3/20 at 9:12:20 pm per entry in event viewer>windows logs>system, Windows Update Client source, Windows Update Agent task category, Windows update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by L Walkerand V Boykin, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Start Menu, Search Box no longer work after 9PB1PFTHHM15-Microsoft.UI.xaml.2.4 installed

on 6/3/20 at 9:12:20 pm per entry in event viewer>windows logs>system, Windows Update Client source, Windows Update Agent task category, Windows update started downloading an update. At 9:13:19 pm, Windows started installing the update. At 9:13:30 pm, "Installation successful: Windows successfully installed the following update: 9PB1PFTHHM15-Microsoft.UI.xaml.2.4". After this, the start menu no longer works with a left click. With right click, it opens, but not all options work e.g. selecting apps. The search box doesn't work. I can't find info when I search on this update. Windows update KB4556700 was installed on 5/16/20. KB4552931 also installed on 5/16/20. How do I get the start menu to work again?

:)

L Walkerand V Boykin, Jun 4, 2020

2. Start menu no longer works

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I am sorry to know that the Start menu is not working.

Initially, I suggest you to run Windows Update troubleshooter to fix the problem.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + X and select
      Control panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter,
      and then click Troubleshooting.
    Under System and Security, click Fix problems with Windows Updates.

Please refer to the suggestions given by Sharath Srinivasa replied on January 23, 2015 in the link given below.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_search/start-menu-doesnt-appear/a7c56613-277c-4993-bb74-08650dce7b21.

I Hope this information helps. Please post us if you need any help with Windows.

SuvarnaG1709, Jun 4, 2020
  3. Windows 10 search menu not working' search ui suspended/start menu not working/search bar not working

Thanks for the reply. I tried all of the fixes you have listed here and followed them precisely to no avail. I am still not able to type a search item into my start menu search bar. After trying the three you listed so thoughtfully (thank you) I went on
    to the groovypost link you included and tried theirs. On the fix "Restart the Search UI Process" (below) when I went onto the processes tab there was no 'Search' option shown at all, it did not exist. I don't know if that is a clue as to what's wrong but I
    proceeded to the next remedy of rebuilding the windows 10 search index with no results there either; and the next as well - nothing.

Restart the Search UI Process

Another thing you can try doing is ending the Search UI process in Task Manager, then restarting your computer.
    Press Windows key + X, click Task Manager,
    Processes
    tab, select Search then click End task. Restart your computer then check to see if search works again.

So basically I have tried every single remedy I could find with still no working start menu search. I am really starting to hate my new computer. It might be a further clue that in task manager, details, there are several applications
    here designated as 'suspended', could this be a clue? They are:

1. RemindersServer.exe (two of two suspended)
    2. SearchUI.exe
    3. ShellExperienceHost.exe
    4. SkypeHost.exe

DavidFrench3, Jun 4, 2020
  4. punxrok Win User

Start Menu, Search Box no longer work after 9PB1PFTHHM15-Microsoft.UI.xaml.2.4 installed

Windows 10 Start menu/Edge/Search box not working

Thank you very much. The last PowerShell command worked.

In my case search box did find the the app I was searching for, but then when I tried to start the app from the search box the search box completely froze.

punxrok, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

Start Menu, Search Box no longer work after 9PB1PFTHHM15-Microsoft.UI.xaml.2.4 installed

1. Start Menu, Search Box no longer work after 9PB1PFTHHM15-Microsoft.UI.xaml.2.4 installed - Similar Threads - Start Menu Search

2. start menu and search box is not responding on clicking

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu and search box is not responding on clicking: Need help start menu,search box and notification not working inshort tried windows settings and services is not opening and its just freeze. I have tried all available solution from youtube but its ain't working...
  3. Start Menu restarts explorer.exe, and Search Box not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start Menu restarts explorer.exe, and Search Box not working: Suddenly this night I turn on my laptop and now everytime I open and try to use the Start Menu the Windows Explorer restarts out of nowhere. I've tried doing a clean boot, searched for updates, scanned with Windows Defender, used sfc /scannow and dism.exe, and still nothing....
  4. Start menu and search box become unresponsive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu and search box become unresponsive: I'm running the latest version of Windows, but this started before I upgraded. Whenever it happens, I have to restart the Windows Explorer service to get it to start back. I've looked at the Event Viewer, but nothing seems to jump out. The 2 warnings I see a lot are the...
  5. Start Menu Search Box Suddenly Changed

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Search Box Suddenly Changed: Where you see the Start Menu for Windows 10 on the lower left side of your screen, there is usually a white box which reads 'Type here to search'. I can no longer type anything there on my desktop or laptop. I now get a black popup that has some apps at the top and other...
  6. search in start menu and "search box" on task bar not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    search in start menu and "search box" on task bar not working: Hello, no idea why but typing in my start menu and search box suddenly doesn't work. Oddly after playing around with powershell and some tips online (see below) I have gone from nothing appearing in the search box when I type to only the first character of whatever I type...
  7. Windows 10 Start Menu, Settings & Search Box Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Start Menu, Settings & Search Box Not Working: My laptop is running Windows 10 Home 32 bit, version 1803. When I try to access the start menu, use the search box or access any settings in Windows 10 nothing happens. I've tried restoring Windows, including a full reset and reinstall and the problem persists. I...
  8. cortana search box and start menu optimization

in Cortana
    cortana search box and start menu optimization: Hi, Just suggesting the option to pin (or add) the cortana search box to the tile side of the start menu. ie. click start, input goes to cortana search box within start menu, enter search, all or half of tile side turn into regular cortana search menu with results. tbh I'm...
  9. Start Menu search not working after reinstall

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu search not working after reinstall: I performed a reinstall of Windows 10 build 10532. Since then, Start menu search shows no results. Attached a pic, showing DC++ pinned to start, but still not showing during search. Please help This is really frustrating 22902
  10. Start menu no longer works

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu no longer works: My Win10 Start menu no longer works with my main user account. It still works under other user logins. It doesn't open whether I hit the Windows key or if I click the Start button. Any clues? 17088