Windows 10: Start Menu Search & Cortana Width Too Small

Discus and support Start Menu Search & Cortana Width Too Small in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I've been having this problem since I started using Windows 10; the start menu resizes to a way to small width when I search for something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by thijsfranck, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Start Menu Search & Cortana Width Too Small

Hi all,

I've been having this problem since I started using Windows 10; the start menu resizes to a way to small width when I search for something or open Cortana. Attached are screenshots of my start menu (which is fine), and how it looks when I search or have Cortana opened.

I have my taskbar pinned to the right side of my desktop. I am also using Trillian, which is pinned to the right side as well (directly to the left of the taskbar). When I unpin Trillian, the width of the search results and Cortana increases to their normal width.

Since I would like to keep using Trillian, could anyone please advise me on how to regain the full width of the search results and Cortana? Any help would be much appreciated!

Warm regards,
    Thijs

:)

thijsfranck, Sep 13, 2016

2. can't get cortna

Hi,

Is Cortana turned on in Settings?

You can check by going:

Start -> Settings -> Search 'Cortana' in the search bar -> Cortana & Search Settings -> Then the Cortana menu should pop up so you can turn Cortana on.

coreyd_0512, Sep 13, 2016
  3. WHart1550 Win User
    Start menu Windows 10 - badly broken. Everyone facing bugs - pls share here

I have seen some problems with the start menu:

- when unpinning a tile, only the first 2 or 3 unpinned will actually disappear. The others won't disappear until you reboot.

- If all the tiles are small, menu won't resize horizontally below the width need for a wide tile.

Not a very good introduction to Windows 10. When you start up there is lots of junk in the tiles menu which you can't get rid of. I really disliked the tiles under Windows 8, too bad Windows 10 starts out w/ all that ****.

WHart1550, Sep 13, 2016
Thema:

Start Menu Search & Cortana Width Too Small

1. Start Menu Search & Cortana Width Too Small - Similar Threads - Start Menu Search

2. Menu bar font too small

in Windows 10 Customization
    Menu bar font too small: I have difficulty reading the text on program menu bars. There used to be a very useful Display dialogue - very detailed - where I could choose size and colours for menu bars, dialogues and lots of other items. Win!0 seems to have removed it which is really frustrating.I know...
  3. Taskbar, Start menu,search And cortana are not working

Taskbar, Start menu,search And cortana are not working: So I logged on my pc And i noticed all icons in task bar are gone so when i try to click the start menu its not working And when i put my cursor on the search My cursor becomes the loading thingyI tried restarting file explorer and it didnt workHelp...
  4. Start Menu App Size Too Small

Start Menu App Size Too Small: I cannot find a way to make certain app icons to appear full The steam is what I dont want my apps to look like, But the pink game with the face is what I want my apps to look like, I dont want to change any text along with this....
  5. Start menu not working and search bar is very small

Start menu not working and search bar is very small: So when i click on my start menu, it doesnt show anything and when i click my search bar its smaller than the normal size [ATTACH] I tried alot of things but nothing did work, maybe some suggestions?...
  6. Start, Cortana,Edge & Search Menu

in Cortana
    Start, Cortana,Edge & Search Menu: Hi, can anyone help me out with this? Start, Cortana, Edge & Search Menu are no longer working correctly after downloading Windows 10 Pro 1903 OS Build 18362.329 32 bitX64 for 86 based systems(KB 4512941) Aug 30 update. I've still got the start button & search bar but it...
  7. cortana search box and start menu optimization

in Cortana
    cortana search box and start menu optimization: Hi, Just suggesting the option to pin (or add) the cortana search box to the tile side of the start menu. ie. click start, input goes to cortana search box within start menu, enter search, all or half of tile side turn into regular cortana search menu with results. tbh I'm...
  8. Web searches, Start menu and Cortana

in Windows 10 Support
    Web searches, Start menu and Cortana: Hi In Windows 10 v1511, how am I supposed to disable the Web searches from the Start menu, but I would also like Cortana continued to use the Web for research? Thanks Bye 44451
  9. Small start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Small start menu: Hello, something happened after Windows Update - I turned on my PC and I see... [img] [img] Anybody can help me? Thanks. 3324
  10. Start menu and Search/Cortana do not function

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu and Search/Cortana do not function: Sometimes Start menu and Search/Cortana buttons become frozen and only after hard boot they work. 19756

Users found this page by searching for:

1. results show very small using search bar/cortana

2. cortana menu is too small