Windows 10: Start Menu Search covered by a black rectangle

Discus and support Start Menu Search covered by a black rectangle in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm a bit late for Halloween, but anyone ever seen anything like this? https://i.imgur.com/CiV0PMx.png After typing in a query the search results... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sailor_sega_saturn, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Start Menu Search covered by a black rectangle

I'm a bit late for Halloween, but anyone ever seen anything like this?

https://i.imgur.com/CiV0PMx.png

After typing in a query the search results appear to be mostly but not entirely covered by a large black rectangle (or grey rectangle in light mode). Clicking on it makes the rectangle disappear and the expected contents show, while clicking on one of the tabs makes the black rectangle re-appear.

I don't think this is a busted graphics card or anything like that because trying to scroll on the black rectangle doesn't actually scroll the search results.

submitted by /u/sailor_sega_saturn
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sailor_sega_saturn, Nov 2, 2020
  2. bitrate16 Win User

Black rectangle appears in search view

Black (dark gray) rectangle appearing on fresh windows 10 installation (Oct 2018) when trying to use search on start menu.

Steps:

1. Pressed start menu button.

2. Started typing.

3. Transformed to search view where rectangle appearred.

Start Menu Search covered by a black rectangle 19e70e2c-3bb8-4892-ae6d-3f994ae410ba?upload=true.png

bitrate16, Nov 2, 2020
  3. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Nov 2, 2020
  4. Start Menu Search covered by a black rectangle

Start Menu Search not working

Hi Dev,

I followed the above step, did not work for me. Searching in start menu is very slow. Please suggest appropriate solution.

Regards,

Bhavesh

BhaveshKirange, Nov 2, 2020
Thema:

Start Menu Search covered by a black rectangle

1. Start Menu Search covered by a black rectangle - Similar Threads - Start Menu Search

2. Accent Color covers the taskbar and Start Menu, but the Search remains black. Is this a Bug?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accent Color covers the taskbar and Start Menu, but the Search remains black. Is this a Bug?: So, On Windows 11 whenever I set the start menu and Taskbar to my Favorite Color Orange. search remains the black dark mode it's always been, But in Windows 10, the accent color covers search as well, is this a bug, or just some dumb "new" Feature? because this is not funny....
  3. Accent Color covers the taskbar and Start Menu, but the Search remains black. Is this a Bug?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accent Color covers the taskbar and Start Menu, but the Search remains black. Is this a Bug?: So, On Windows 11 whenever I set the start menu and Taskbar to my Favorite Color Orange. search remains the black dark mode it's always been, But in Windows 10, the accent color covers search as well, is this a bug, or just some dumb "new" Feature? because this is not funny....
  4. Search menu covering start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search menu covering start menu: After I updated my windows the other day. I can no longer have access on my start menu. Whenever I hit the sortvut key the search menu will cover the start menu completely please help...
  5. Search menu covering start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search menu covering start menu: After I updated my windows the other day. I can no longer have access on my start menu. Whenever I hit the sortvut key the search menu will cover the start menu completely please help...
  6. Search menu covering start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Search menu covering start menu.

Search menu covering start menu.: Hi there, After I updated my windows the other day, I can no longer accsess my start menu. When I either click the windows key on my keyboard, or press the button on the taskbar, the search menu opens at the same time and covers teh start menu. I have reinstalled my...
  8. Search covered by black box

Search covered by black box: Hi! Suddenly today, for no apparent reason, my search is acting funny. No matter what I have to do with search, local or online, a black box has started to appear on it and I can no longer search from there. As you can see in theimage click on the word "image", for some...
  9. Windows Search covering the start menu

in Cortana
    Windows Search covering the start menu: Whenever I open the Start Menu by either clicking the icon or pressing the Win key on the keyboard, the Start Menu shows up, but the menu is covered by the search window and I cant do anything using the start menu. I have attached a screenshot too. [ATTACH]...
  10. Start menu covered by search

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu covered by search: [ATTACH] I would appreciate help with a problem I accidentally created. I decided to do this registry tweak https://news.softpedia.com/news/how-to-try-out-the-rounded-corners-ui-in-windows-10-version-1903-526546.shtml. After I restarted my computer the start menu was...