Windows 10: Start Menu Search Doesn't Find Steam

Discus and support Start Menu Search Doesn't Find Steam in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The shortcut is here: [img] But if I search nothing comes up. It has not problems finding Blender and Skyrim ... [img] 6209 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Marron, May 20, 2015.

1. Marron Win User

Start Menu Search Doesn't Find Steam

The shortcut is here:

Start Menu Search Doesn't Find Steam [​IMG]

But if I search nothing comes up. It has not problems finding Blender and Skyrim ...

Start Menu Search Doesn't Find Steam [​IMG]

:)

Marron, May 20, 2015

2. How to put applications in other places to Start

Hi, when I write name of installed application, it is present and found in Windows 10 Start menu and I can launch it from here.

However I've some portable applications (putty, winscp,...) in C:\Apps and those I'm not able to put in Start in any way. Even when I click "pin to start" on them, they don't show neither in "Most Used", nor in the field with titles.

Alike is it with Steam applications ("You need a budget") whose use format of "steam://rungameid/227320" in their icon on Desktop. Even if I draw them to Start icon, where "Pin to Start" shows up, they don't end there.

How can I tell windows to consider those applications as applications worth it's place in Start menu? Right now, I can only launch them from Desktop or via Explorer. Even search command, where I limit search to apps, doesn't find them.

Shalmirane, May 20, 2015
  3. Cannot find folder on c drive, though its visible on start up menu

After Users your user name should come. Hence path should be

C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Steam

You can also type %appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Steam in Windows Start Search box (Cortana) and click the result to reach there. If problem, type without Steam.

E for Excel, May 20, 2015
  4. Boozad Win User

In my experience there are still plenty of issues relating to the Search function. Report it using the Feedback app.

Boozad, May 20, 2015
Thema:

1. Start Menu Search Doesn't Find Steam - Similar Threads - Start Menu Search

2. Start menu search doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu search doesn't work: Hi,I'm using windows 11 21H1 with the latest updates I received, but lately, my laptop is behaving strangely when I try to search using the start menu it closes the start menu by it self. I haven't installed any new software or changed anything in the settings or registry it...
  3. Start menu search doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu search doesn't work: Hi,I'm using windows 11 21H1 with the latest updates I received, but lately, my laptop is behaving strangely when I try to search using the start menu it closes the start menu by it self. I haven't installed any new software or changed anything in the settings or registry it...
  4. Start menu/Search doesn't close automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu/Search doesn't close automatically: Hello! I have a problem that has been annoying me for the last couple of months, and I cannot keep using my Surface and Acer Laptop like that any longer! Whenever I press the Windows key or use the search dialog and search for a folder, and press enter, windows explorer...
  5. Writing on start menu doesn't find start menu programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Writing on start menu doesn't find start menu programs: Hi All, Maybe I'm wrong, but if I click "Start" and i type for example "sync", I expect it to find all programs I would see scrolling in the start menu with word "sync" in it. More precisely, when I click "start", I have a list of programs, starting from "recently added"...
  6. Start menu search doesn't say what type of app it finds anymore?

in Cortana
    Start menu search doesn't say what type of app it finds anymore?: Just noticed that when I search for an app in the start menu, it no longer says desktop app or trusted Microsoft Store app. It just says app. Did something go wrong or is it a change? using Windows 10 version 1809 (OS Build 17763.475)...
  7. Start Menu Search Doesn't Work or Respond!!

in Cortana
    Start Menu Search Doesn't Work or Respond!!: I've been trying to fix this problem but the methods in YouTube doesn't seem to help or fix. i don't want to wait for another update fix or refresh my PC. does anyone have a solution to fix this? [ATTACH]...
  8. Start menu typing search doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu typing search doesn't work: I thought I could just type "rege" and get Regedit result right away. No. I need to type the whole name. What's going on? The Windows Search service is running. I disabled Cortana, but that shouldn't matter, should it? 112057
  9. Start menu search not finding applications?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu search not finding applications?: Hi, I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. However once i install programs like Office 2013 i can't find the application exe files by searching in the start menu. If i search for outlook or word in the start menu nothing shows up, this was not an issue in...
  10. Start Menu search not finding files

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu search not finding files: When I go to search for files (such as images/videos) through the Start Menu search (Cortana), files do not appear in results. The only way I can actually find these files is to manually click the "More" dropdown and select whichever file type it is (photos, videos, music...