Windows 10: Start menu search doesn't say what type of app it finds anymore?

Discus and support Start menu search doesn't say what type of app it finds anymore? in Cortana to solve the problem; Just noticed that when I search for an app in the start menu, it no longer says desktop app or trusted Microsoft Store app. It just says app. Did... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by StefenHudson, May 15, 2019.

1. Start menu search doesn't say what type of app it finds anymore?

Just noticed that when I search for an app in the start menu, it no longer says desktop app or trusted Microsoft Store app. It just says app. Did something go wrong or is it a change? using Windows 10 version 1809 (OS Build 17763.475)

:)

StefenHudson, May 15, 2019

2. Start menu search not finding applications?

Do you have "All apps" listed after you click on the start button ?

Start menu search doesn't say what type of app it finds anymore? [​IMG]

Then a list of apps ?

COMPUTIAC Guest, May 15, 2019
  3. EziaN Win User
    Start menu search not finding applications?

I do.

As you can see Outlook 2013 does not show up under "O" in all apps.

EziaN, May 15, 2019
  4. Start menu search doesn't say what type of app it finds anymore?

Start menu search not finding applications?

If I type out in search it finds outlook for me. I have office 2013 installed. its listed as Microsoft office 2013 in the Start Menu. I have to click the down arrow to see the list of all installed programs like Word and Outlook etc. Mine was already installed before I upgraded to Windows 10.

alphanumeric, May 15, 2019
Thema:

Start menu search doesn't say what type of app it finds anymore?

1. Start menu search doesn't say what type of app it finds anymore? - Similar Threads - Start menu search

2. Start Menu Search Doesn't Work or Respond!!

in Cortana
    Start Menu Search Doesn't Work or Respond!!: I've been trying to fix this problem but the methods in YouTube doesn't seem to help or fix. i don't want to wait for another update fix or refresh my PC. does anyone have a solution to fix this? [ATTACH]...
  3. Start menu typing search doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu typing search doesn't work: I thought I could just type "rege" and get Regedit result right away. No. I need to type the whole name. What's going on? The Windows Search service is running. I disabled Cortana, but that shouldn't matter, should it? 112057
  4. Start menu search can't find some applications

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu search can't find some applications: I am unable to search for some applications on my new laptop. I have tried rebuilding the index and restarting twice now with these options: [img] For example, both Chrome and Firefox are installed and have icons in the start menu, both show up under "Most Used" and both...
  5. Xbox app doesn't find Xbox One anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox app doesn't find Xbox One anymore: I've been using the Xbox App for the past year that Windows 10 has been out with the XB1 with no problems but since recently a certain update (I forget if it was a Windows update or Xbox update) and the Xbox app can't find the XB1 anymore and I found an answer online to...
  6. Start menu search not finding applications?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu search not finding applications?: Hi, I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. However once i install programs like Office 2013 i can't find the application exe files by searching in the start menu. If i search for outlook or word in the start menu nothing shows up, this was not an issue in...
  7. Windows Search Doesn't Suck Anymore

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Search Doesn't Suck Anymore: Search has been getting better and better with every version of Windows, but with 10, it’s it a place where it is legitimately awesome. It found what I was looking for, damn near first time — even if I mistyped the exact name of a file or app, something Windows 8 was always...
  8. Start Menu Search Doesn't Find Steam

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Search Doesn't Find Steam: The shortcut is here: [img] But if I search nothing comes up. It has not problems finding Blender and Skyrim ... [img] 6209
  9. Start Menu Search Can't Find Installed Apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Search Can't Find Installed Apps: I've noticed now on multiple computers I've installed Windows 10 on, that a quick win-key search isn't able to bring up installed apps. I'm sure this isn't how it's meant to be, and that there must be a fix... right? 10556
  10. Start Menu search not finding files

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu search not finding files: When I go to search for files (such as images/videos) through the Start Menu search (Cortana), files do not appear in results. The only way I can actually find these files is to manually click the "More" dropdown and select whichever file type it is (photos, videos, music...