Windows 10: Start menu search doesn't say what type of app it finds anymore?

Discus and support Start menu search doesn't say what type of app it finds anymore? in Cortana to solve the problem; Just noticed that when I search for an app in the start menu, it no longer says desktop app or trusted Microsoft Store app. It just says app. Did... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by StefenHudson, May 15, 2019.

1. Start menu search doesn't say what type of app it finds anymore?

Just noticed that when I search for an app in the start menu, it no longer says desktop app or trusted Microsoft Store app. It just says app. Did something go wrong or is it a change? using Windows 10 version 1809 (OS Build 17763.475)

:)

StefenHudson, May 15, 2019

2. Start menu search not finding applications?

Do you have "All apps" listed after you click on the start button ?

Start menu search doesn't say what type of app it finds anymore? [​IMG]

Then a list of apps ?

COMPUTIAC Guest, May 15, 2019
  3. EziaN Win User
    Start menu search not finding applications?

I do.

As you can see Outlook 2013 does not show up under "O" in all apps.

EziaN, May 15, 2019
  4. Start menu search doesn't say what type of app it finds anymore?

Start menu search not finding applications?

If I type out in search it finds outlook for me. I have office 2013 installed. its listed as Microsoft office 2013 in the Start Menu. I have to click the down arrow to see the list of all installed programs like Word and Outlook etc. Mine was already installed before I upgraded to Windows 10.

alphanumeric, May 15, 2019
Thema:

Start menu search doesn't say what type of app it finds anymore?

1. Start menu search doesn't say what type of app it finds anymore? - Similar Threads - Start menu search

2. Unable to type in the Start menu to search an app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to type in the Start menu to search an app: I cannot search for anything on the start menu or use the search box in the taskbar. No error messages. I tried using the troubleshooter, sfc, and DISM commands as well. But it didn't work....
  3. Unable to type in the Start menu to search an app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to type in the Start menu to search an app: I cannot search for anything on the start menu or use the search box in the taskbar. No error messages. I tried using the troubleshooter, sfc, and DISM commands as well. But it didn't work....
  4. start menu and search bar doesn't work anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start menu and search bar doesn't work anymore: hello guys , i am having a problem that is really annoying me , the starting menu doesn't appear anymore , no matter the method i use to try to make it pop up , the search bar as well it only appears once, when i restart explorer from manager then won't appear anymore,, this...
  5. start menu and search bar doesn't work anymore

start menu and search bar doesn't work anymore: hello guys , i am having a problem that is really annoying me , the starting menu doesn't appear anymore , no matter the method i use to try to make it pop up , the search bar as well it only appears once, when i restart explorer from manager then won't appear anymore,, this...
  6. start menu and search bar doesn't work anymore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Search for apps in Start menu doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search for apps in Start menu doesn't work: Hi,Search for apps in Start menu doesn't work as can be seen in the image below:Any advice will be appreciated.Regards, Jose luis https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-for-apps-in-start-menu-doesnt-work/fbf8109f-6d03-47a4-a980-be3f38b6a81e
  8. Search for apps in Start menu doesn't work

Search for apps in Start menu doesn't work: Hi,Search for apps in Start menu doesn't work as can be seen in the image below:Any advice will be appreciated.Regards, Jose luis https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-for-apps-in-start-menu-doesnt-work/fbf8109f-6d03-47a4-a980-be3f38b6a81e
  9. Start menu typing search doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu typing search doesn't work: I thought I could just type "rege" and get Regedit result right away. No. I need to type the whole name. What's going on? The Windows Search service is running. I disabled Cortana, but that shouldn't matter, should it? 112057
  10. Start Menu Search Doesn't Find Steam

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Search Doesn't Find Steam: The shortcut is here: [img] But if I search nothing comes up. It has not problems finding Blender and Skyrim ... [img] 6209