Windows 10: Start menu search doesn't work

Discus and support Start menu search doesn't work in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I'm using windows 11 21H1 with the latest updates I received, but lately, my laptop is behaving strangely when I try to search using the start menu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ElshafeyAhmed, Sep 24, 2022.

1. Start menu search doesn't work

Hi,I'm using windows 11 21H1 with the latest updates I received, but lately, my laptop is behaving strangely when I try to search using the start menu it closes the start menu by it self. I haven't installed any new software or changed anything in the settings or registry it just happened by itself.any solution for this problem?

:)

ElshafeyAhmed, Sep 24, 2022
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Start menu search doesn't work [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Sep 24, 2022
  3. Ramon Imp Win User
    Start menu doesn`t work, and the search button too

Hi,

For us to assist you more effectively, we would like to know the following:

• What's the make and model of your computer?
    • Are you getting any error messages when using the Start Menu and search field?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken to resolve the problem aside from PowerShell?

We'll be waiting for your reply so we could help you out.

Ramon Imp, Sep 24, 2022
  4. Start menu search doesn't work

MY WINDOWS 10 START MENU DOESN΄T WORK. CRITICAL ERROR

MY WINDOWS 10 START MENU DOESN΄T WORK. CRITICAL ERROR

I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE WAYS FOR HOW TO FIX THAT

Loren Papa, Sep 24, 2022
Thema:

Start menu search doesn't work

1. Start menu search doesn't work - Similar Threads - Start menu search

2. start menu and search bar doesn't work anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start menu and search bar doesn't work anymore: hello guys , i am having a problem that is really annoying me , the starting menu doesn't appear anymore , no matter the method i use to try to make it pop up , the search bar as well it only appears once, when i restart explorer from manager then won't appear anymore,, this...
  3. start menu and search bar doesn't work anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start menu and search bar doesn't work anymore: hello guys , i am having a problem that is really annoying me , the starting menu doesn't appear anymore , no matter the method i use to try to make it pop up , the search bar as well it only appears once, when i restart explorer from manager then won't appear anymore,, this...
  4. start menu and search bar doesn't work anymore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Search for apps in Start menu doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search for apps in Start menu doesn't work: Hi,Search for apps in Start menu doesn't work as can be seen in the image below:Any advice will be appreciated.Regards, Jose luis https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-for-apps-in-start-menu-doesnt-work/fbf8109f-6d03-47a4-a980-be3f38b6a81e
  6. Search for apps in Start menu doesn't work

Search for apps in Start menu doesn't work: Hi,Search for apps in Start menu doesn't work as can be seen in the image below:Any advice will be appreciated.Regards, Jose luis https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-for-apps-in-start-menu-doesnt-work/fbf8109f-6d03-47a4-a980-be3f38b6a81e
  7. Start menu search doesn't work

Start menu search doesn't work: Hi,I'm using windows 11 21H1 with the latest updates I received, but lately, my laptop is behaving strangely when I try to search using the start menu it closes the start menu by it self. I haven't installed any new software or changed anything in the settings or registry it...
  8. Start Menu Search Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Search Not Working: When I search for files using the regular Windows Explorer when in a folder it works fine. When I press the windows key and type something it now shoes completely empty. I have tried a lot of things within Windows to fix this such as rebuilding the index for search but that...
  9. Start Menu Search Doesn't Work or Respond!!

in Cortana
    Start Menu Search Doesn't Work or Respond!!: I've been trying to fix this problem but the methods in YouTube doesn't seem to help or fix. i don't want to wait for another update fix or refresh my PC. does anyone have a solution to fix this? [ATTACH]...
  10. Start menu typing search doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu typing search doesn't work: I thought I could just type "rege" and get Regedit result right away. No. I need to type the whole name. What's going on? The Windows Search service is running. I disabled Cortana, but that shouldn't matter, should it? 112057