Windows 10: Start menu, search function, notification center, and Cortana nonfunctioning after latest...

Discus and support Start menu, search function, notification center, and Cortana nonfunctioning after latest... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Since the last Windows 10 update I have had the following issues:Start menu will not openSearch menu doesn't work, can't even type anything in itSearch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RowanTheFox, Feb 11, 2022.

1. Start menu, search function, notification center, and Cortana nonfunctioning after latest...

Since the last Windows 10 update I have had the following issues:Start menu will not openSearch menu doesn't work, can't even type anything in itSearch function in file explorer disabledSettings will not open: File system error -2018374635Notifications Center will not openCortana will not openTask View will not openSFC and DISM have already been run to no avail. Windows Explorer has been restarted twice to no avail I can't reinstall Windows 10 because it wants a password for my user account that doesn't HAVE a password, and I'd need to be able to access my settings to put a password on the a

:)

RowanTheFox, Feb 11, 2022
  2. Bill A57 Win User

Windows 10 Start Menu, search and Cortana still not functioning correctly

I had some issues with Start Menu not functioning. this was solved in a post by a Microsoft Engineer Giridhar J. However, although the Start menu is now functioning along with the notifications. there are some glitches still.

I cannot pin folders to the start menu. Search and Cortana still does not work properly. Search is glitchy at best having to click on the start button then immediately click in the search box for it to work. Cortana does not work and is not listed as a app
    any more.

Any suggestions?

here is a screen shot of the start options

Start menu, search function, notification center, and Cortana nonfunctioning after latest... e74c651a-d870-41fe-86bc-aa4b64133493.jpg

Bill A57, Feb 11, 2022
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Windows Start button, Cortana, Notification Center, image viewer, etc didn't work

Hi,

There are various factors why your Windows Start menu, Cortana, Notification Center, image viewer was not working. It can be due to corrupted system file or corrupted profile account. To isolate your issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages when you tried to open your Start menu and Cortana?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot Start menu or Cortana. This will let you check for updates, try the troubleshooter and create a new local administrator account.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Feb 11, 2022
  4. Start menu, search function, notification center, and Cortana nonfunctioning after latest...

Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Feb 11, 2022
Thema:

Start menu, search function, notification center, and Cortana nonfunctioning after latest...

1. Start menu, search function, notification center, and Cortana nonfunctioning after latest... - Similar Threads - Start menu search

2. Unable to access ANY start menu, Cortana, Search, notification access center, or Settings...

in Cortana
    Unable to access ANY start menu, Cortana, Search, notification access center, or Settings...: Since late October 2022, we an IT Help Desk have begun to see This app has been blocked by your system administrator. Contact your system administrator for more info. Having searched for two weeks with every variation we can think of, we haven't found a solution yet. It's...
  3. Unable to access ANY start menu, Cortana, Search, notification access center, or Settings...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access ANY start menu, Cortana, Search, notification access center, or Settings...: Since late October 2022, we an IT Help Desk have begun to see This app has been blocked by your system administrator. Contact your system administrator for more info. Having searched for two weeks with every variation we can think of, we haven't found a solution yet. It's...
  4. Unable to access ANY start menu, Cortana, Search, notification access center, or Settings...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Start menu, search function, notification center, and Cortana nonfunctioning after latest...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu, search function, notification center, and Cortana nonfunctioning after latest...: Since the last Windows 10 update I have had the following issues:Start menu will not openSearch menu doesn't work, can't even type anything in itSearch function in file explorer disabledSettings will not open: File system error -2018374635Notifications Center will not...
  6. Start menu, search function, notification center, and Cortana nonfunctioning after latest...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start menu, search function, notification center, and Cortana nonfunctioning after latest...: Since the last Windows 10 update I have had the following issues:Start menu will not openSearch menu doesn't work, can't even type anything in itSearch function in file explorer disabledSettings will not open: File system error -2018374635Notifications Center will not...
  7. Setting, start menu, notification center, search menu not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting, start menu, notification center, search menu not working: Hello, after recent updates from Windows, I've found a lot of problems. I can't access the start menu, search menu, action center, task bar, as well as setting. When I try to use the keyboard shortcut to open the settings, it said something along the line like 'Class Not...
  8. Start, Cortana,Edge & Search Menu

in Cortana
    Start, Cortana,Edge & Search Menu: Hi, can anyone help me out with this? Start, Cortana, Edge & Search Menu are no longer working correctly after downloading Windows 10 Pro 1903 OS Build 18362.329 32 bitX64 for 86 based systems(KB 4512941) Aug 30 update. I've still got the start button & search bar but it...
  9. Web searches, Start menu and Cortana

in Windows 10 Support
    Web searches, Start menu and Cortana: Hi In Windows 10 v1511, how am I supposed to disable the Web searches from the Start menu, but I would also like Cortana continued to use the Web for research? Thanks Bye 44451
  10. Start menu and Search/Cortana do not function

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu and Search/Cortana do not function: Sometimes Start menu and Search/Cortana buttons become frozen and only after hard boot they work. 19756