Windows 10: Start menu search, is it possible to remove?

Discus and support Start menu search, is it possible to remove? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is is possible to completely remove search from the start menu, or at least have it not return results from any source? submitted by /u/deey001... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/deey001, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Start menu search, is it possible to remove?

Is is possible to completely remove search from the start menu, or at least have it not return results from any source?

submitted by /u/deey001
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/deey001, Aug 7, 2020

2. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Aug 7, 2020
  3. Start Menu Search not working

Hi Dev,

I followed the above step, did not work for me. Searching in start menu is very slow. Please suggest appropriate solution.

Regards,

Bhavesh

BhaveshKirange, Aug 7, 2020
  4. Start menu search, is it possible to remove?

Start Menu Search

Hi, Yes. I tried changing my primary SSD from MBR to GPT via Ease Us Partition Tool. All my other drives besides the main successfully converted but not my primary disk. When the application was trying to convert the disk I received a Kernal In Page Error.
    Hope this helps!

Heavenless, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

Start menu search, is it possible to remove?

1. Start menu search, is it possible to remove? - Similar Threads - Start menu search

2. Remove single search result from start menu search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove single search result from start menu search: Hi =]I have Solidworks installed on my PC and it is easier for me to start searching 'sol' and then press enter in order to run Solidworks, rather than clicking an icon, depending on what I'm doing at the moment.For some reason, the first search result is some minor...
  3. Remove single search result from start menu search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove single search result from start menu search: Hi =]I have Solidworks installed on my PC and it is easier for me to start searching 'sol' and then press enter in order to run Solidworks, rather than clicking an icon, depending on what I'm doing at the moment.For some reason, the first search result is some minor...
  4. Remove single search result from start menu search

in Cortana
  5. Windows Search Not Opening Removed Start Menu Programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Search Not Opening Removed Start Menu Programs: Hi all, I have removed all unnecessary apps, etc from the Start Menu list - however there are Folders, for example, "Ease of Access" --- where once removed from the Start Menu folder list %appdata/programdata% --- the applications within the folder no longer work when calling...
  6. is it possible to search for folders in the start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is it possible to search for folders in the start menu?: For example, I have a folder called "Asus" in my start menu that has about 8 asus apps in it. I want to be able to search for "Asus" in the search bar to get to it quicker (not having to click the start button and scroll down), but the search bar finds nothing for "Asus". It...
  7. Windows 10 Home Search not possible and Start menu crashes.

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Home Search not possible and Start menu crashes.: Hello, This is my first post in this forum. I have two problems with my Laptop installed with Windows 10 Home. I recently re installed Windows completely new. After some weeks following issues occurred. - The Cortana search function and the search function...
  8. Regex searching in Start Menu possible? Or at least search by "comment" attributes?

Regex searching in Start Menu possible? Or at least search by "comment" attributes?: I could search photos by querying their tag name in the start menu but not by the values in their comment field (right click properties > details tab > description > comments; jpg files, png files have no comment attribute). it does show up in file explorer, just not through...
  9. Is it possible to remove the "Name Group" bar in Start menu?

Is it possible to remove the "Name Group" bar in Start menu?: The gap is kinda ugly. Anyone can help me with this? https://i.imgur.com/WEnN2Ds.png submitted by /u/yuze_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e0iqvy/is_it_possible_to_remove_the_name_group_bar_in/
  10. Custom Engine for Start Menu Search possible?

in Windows 10 Support
    Custom Engine for Start Menu Search possible?: Has anybody figured out if it is finally possible to customize the "Universal Start Menu search" or replace the Bing Search by Google search or any other prefered online search engine? In Windows 8.1 that was sadly not possible and i assume it won't be possible to...