Windows 10: Start menu search like Windows 7

Discus and support Start menu search like Windows 7 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have lots of files in my pc and I usually search them by typing phrases I remember are containted in them. This used to work fine in windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by qwertymikey, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Start menu search like Windows 7

Hello,

I have lots of files in my pc and I usually search them by typing phrases I remember are containted in them. This used to work fine in windows 7's start menu, but windows 10 does not show all the files. It shows a few in the best match window, and then I have to filter them by documents or any other type of file. This is not helpful because I would like to see all the filetypes altogether without filtering, and there is no "See more results" option either (which shows all files in file explorer)

Is it possible to set the windows 10 start menu to search like this, or any other similar program *Sad

:)

qwertymikey, Sep 3, 2018

2. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Sep 3, 2018
  3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Naki, Sep 3, 2018
  4. BigMack70 Win User

Start menu search like Windows 7

Windows 8.1, and Why You Should Let Go of Windows 7

Wait wait wait I can do it in 3 steps

Diasble Metro:
    1) Don't buy Windows 8
    2) ?????
    3) Profit!

BigMack70, Sep 3, 2018
Thema:

Start menu search like Windows 7

1. Start menu search like Windows 7 - Similar Threads - Start menu search

2. Search menu covering start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search menu covering start menu: After I updated my windows the other day. I can no longer have access on my start menu. Whenever I hit the sortvut key the search menu will cover the start menu completely please help...
  3. Search menu covering start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search menu covering start menu: After I updated my windows the other day. I can no longer have access on my start menu. Whenever I hit the sortvut key the search menu will cover the start menu completely please help...
  4. Search in start menu

in Cortana
    Search in start menu: Hi. I have recently switched from my windows 10 PC to my windows 10 laptop. I don't know of any software differences, so I do not know what may be the cause. When using my windows pc, I often quickly open the start menu to search something up by just starting to type in the...
  5. Search menu on top of start menu

Search menu on top of start menu: [ATTACH] After updating to the latest version of windows 10 2004 through windows update, every time I open the menu the search menu opens on top. Does anybody know what is going on, and how to solve this bug?...
  6. exclude subfolder search like in Windows 7 ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    exclude subfolder search like in Windows 7 ?: in windows 7 there was a search option to exclude searching the subfolders too. In windows 10 i cant see any. Now every time i want to search for a file, my computer searches the whole drive for that file and shows all results which have that name. I only want to see the file...
  7. Start Menu Search

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Search: Greetings, When I search with the start menu open after the recent major update it opens a new window. This is atrocious and I want the searching to take place inside the start menu. Is this at all possible? Thanks in advance // 139419
  8. Customize start menu to look like win 7?

Customize start menu to look like win 7?: I just re-installed my computer and I can't remember the names of those third-part programs that you could use to change your start menu to look like win 7, the free ones. Can someone help me? *Smile 18614
  9. windows start menu search

in Windows 10 Support
    windows start menu search: i can't seem to see that windows finds simple "apps"\(programs)" like the blizzard app, twitch app etc... is there some setting that enables me to do this? so far i narrowed it down to the indexing of files. maybe that'll do something. every time i search for "twitch"...
  10. No Start Menu, Search

in Windows 10 Support
    No Start Menu, Search: All, I upgraded Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Home. It worked for a couple of days and suddenly there is no Start Menu (Click start and nothing happens) and no Search box (Icon present but nothing happens when clicked). MY machine is slower accessing all menus...