Windows 10: Start Menu Search not finding all apps and programms

Discus and support Start Menu Search not finding all apps and programms in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I use the start menu search for opening up apps instead of having a bloated task bar but at some point Windows 10 stopped working showing results... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dingsddit, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Start Menu Search not finding all apps and programms

I use the start menu search for opening up apps instead of having a bloated task bar but at some point Windows 10 stopped working showing results properly for everything.

E.g. when I updated MS office, windows button + type away for example "word" will show the not even anymore installed old word version while the new one won't even show up.

Some days ago I've installed the new Edge and win + "edge" will only give me the old one.

I've tried a lot of stuff from that list here, basically everything there except for

• Disable/Restart Third-Party Antivirus, Enable Windows Firewall
    • Move or Rebuild Swapfile.sys
    • Repair Windows Installation

Which I can't do since it's a company laptop.

It seems this is a common issue and I wonder how this issue even is a thing..

This really kills my workflow since I often have to scroll or click somewhere and I would love to fix it so any suggestion what to try is highly appreciated!

submitted by /u/dingsddit
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/dingsddit, Jun 15, 2020

2. Start menu search not finding applications?

Do you have "All apps" listed after you click on the start button ?

Start Menu Search not finding all apps and programms [​IMG]

Then a list of apps ?

COMPUTIAC Guest, Jun 15, 2020
  3. EziaN Win User
    Start menu search not finding applications?

I do.

As you can see Outlook 2013 does not show up under "O" in all apps.

EziaN, Jun 15, 2020
  4. Start Menu Search not finding all apps and programms

Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

Start Menu Search not finding all apps and programms

1. Start Menu Search not finding all apps and programms - Similar Threads - Start Menu Search

2. Windows 10 Start Menu ,Search Menu and all Microsoft Apps not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Start Menu ,Search Menu and all Microsoft Apps not working: I got the problem yesterday. Windows 10 Start Menu ,Search Menu and all Microsoft App not working when clicked.Also Email ,Microsoft Edge and all Microsoft apps disappear from task bar.I'm trying all method such as Restart Windows Explorer ,sfc scan ,cleanboot ,reset start...
  3. Windows 10 Start Menu ,Search Menu and all Microsoft Apps not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Start Menu ,Search Menu and all Microsoft Apps not working: I got the problem yesterday. Windows 10 Start Menu ,Search Menu and all Microsoft App not working when clicked.Also Email ,Microsoft Edge and all Microsoft apps disappear from task bar.I'm trying all method such as Restart Windows Explorer ,sfc scan ,cleanboot ,reset start...
  4. Windows 10 Start Menu ,Search Menu and all Microsoft Apps not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Start menu search not finding applications?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu search not finding applications?: Hi, I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. However once i install programs like Office 2013 i can't find the application exe files by searching in the start menu. If i search for outlook or word in the start menu nothing shows up, this was not an issue in...
  6. All apps in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    All apps in start menu: So I just installed the anniversary update and it changed the start menu so it is now showing "All apps", I have browsed the settings but can't seem to figure out how to turn this off... I want to turn off the list that appears to the left that is showing all the crap...
  7. All Apps in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    All Apps in Start Menu: Hi. My computer received what appears to be a large Windows 10 update (many of my settings seemed to have defaulted back). One setting that puzzles me is that when I launch the Start Menu, the "All Apps" menu is expanded instead of the one I had (see the picture below). I...
  8. All Apps on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    All Apps on Start Menu: I gotta question. It's not a big deal, but I'm kinda anal. The all apps button on the left edge of the start menu: on my menu it's up at the top of the menu. On every picture I've ever seen, the all apps button is at the bottom left of the menu right above the Start...
  9. Start Menu Search Can't Find Installed Apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Search Can't Find Installed Apps: I've noticed now on multiple computers I've installed Windows 10 on, that a quick win-key search isn't able to bring up installed apps. I'm sure this isn't how it's meant to be, and that there must be a fix... right? 10556
  10. Start Menu search not finding files

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu search not finding files: When I go to search for files (such as images/videos) through the Start Menu search (Cortana), files do not appear in results. The only way I can actually find these files is to manually click the "More" dropdown and select whichever file type it is (photos, videos, music...